++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-28-2009, 11:03 PM   #91
josha31042
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: *The Official "Full Circle" Reviews Thread*

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mr. Prophet Man) Sounds like you're comparing FC's mixing to Death Magnetic's which had horrible mixing. I'm scared now.

Not NEARLY as bad.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:40 AM   #92
jonofj
USER INFO »

yeah love "on my Sleeve"
Old 10-29-2009, 10:01 AM   #93
shunammite
USER INFO »

I STILL have not had a chance to listen to the whole thing through with concentration - have heard bits and pieces more than once - just wanted to amend my somewhat lukewarm comment previously. I am enjoying the latter songs VERY MUCH. I think the Good Fight is something like Freedom Fighter, only racheted up a few notches. (I love Freedom Fighter, it always makes me think of riding a bull. I watched someone at a fair riding a mechanical bull - he was doing good and they let him ride a while - but then they can change it up so that ANYONE will be thrown off. Kind of wish I had tried it - like riding that wild ass that snuffs up the wind and no man ever rode before - yep a bible ref - sorry Creed forgive me - not their fault, it's where my mind runs.)

At first I think some of the songs may sound "self absorbed" - but I think that is the real fight of everyone (be kind everyone is fighting a hard battle, Plato). To understand yourself and approve of who you are.

I also thought at first I would not like that lyric "does the song you sing make others want to sing along" ok that's close anyway - and at first I think WHO CARES IF ANYONE ELSE SINGS WITH ME - but we do care - we can't stand singing alone forever.

Just love the powerful guitar stuff with the powerful lyrics - people laugh when you bring that stuff up - because most people are afraid to challenge what really gnaws deep inside. Fear of death/worthlessness. I read somewhere a quote from Lars Ulrich that he had always been obsessed with death - see that's the artist for you - a normal person never thinks about that stuff - I was not "artistic" - or religious either (those two things are flip sides of the same coin but the two sides usually cannot acknowledge each other - the reason Creed catches SO MUCH CRAP is they embrace both pretty openly - but when everyone hates you you are probably onto something close to the truth) - I was dragged over to the dark side kicking and screaming - and the only way out is to fight the good fight.

ETA - I think (just judging from my own life I guess) that failure to approve of who you are makes a person damned critical of others. Makes me think of that movie The Cell, the cruel madman who imprisoned that girl in the water cell - there was a cruel mad man inside his own head tormenting him. It is not easy to be "ok" with who you are. Easy to say, but hard to do from the heart. A good fight to fight though. I'm not sure it would be a "better world" if no one every criticized anyone or anything - it's part of the process to create needed change I guess - but I am glad not to be so driven to change others or myself as I once was...still hope for a little improvement here and there. Does this belong in faith forum? (I don't think so. But I will keep my meanderings there if people are offended here.)

Last edited by shunammite : 10-29-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:20 PM   #94
Mr. Prophet Man
USER INFO »

Is the Walmart version a digipack?
Old 10-29-2009, 12:25 PM   #95
Creedture
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mr. Prophet Man) Is the Walmart version a digipack?

Not exactly. It's like a digipak with only two sides, and no plastic to hold the cd. One side has the liner notes, an insert advertising the DVD, and behind it is the Full Circle bonus DVD.. and the other side has an awesome photo of the guys playing live, and behind it is the cd.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:50 PM   #96
Alrock
USER INFO »
5 years to wait and Full Circle not as good as it could have been...

My Review of Full Circle, Creed first studio album in over 5 years.

1. "Overcome" 3:47

Great opener, great single, cool solos and sing along chorus, classic Creed and great way to bring back the band.

2. "Bread of Shame" 3:56

Another solid track, liking it.

3. "A Thousand Faces" 4:54

Probably my favourite from the first 3rd of the album. Great and much better than the live version.

4. "Suddenly" 3:31

Poor track a real downer after the 3 before it

5. "Rain" 3:27

Back to good stuff, Rain is probably my favourite track on the album at the moment

6. "Away in Silence" 4:40

Not bad but not as good as track 1, 2 or 3.

7. "Fear" 4:05

Better that 4 and 6 but not amazing.

8. "On My Sleeve" 4:14

Great track, really like it

9. "Full Circle" 4:08

Good tune but it reeks of solo stapp stuff for some reason?

10. "Time" 5:55
11. "Good Fight" 3:55
12. "The Song You Sing" 4:08
13. "Silent Teacher" 3:44

final four tracks round the album off well with the best being the bonus track Silent Teacher.

Overall 7 from the 13 tracks are great, Overcome, Bread of Shame, Rain, 1,000 Faces, Full Circle, Silent Teacher and On my sleeve

what your thoughts on the "don't call it a comeback" album
Old 11-02-2009, 02:03 PM   #97
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »
Re: 5 years to wait and Full Circle not as good as it could have been...

Why didnt you put this under *Full Circle Reviews*, but oh well you are ENTITLLLEEDD TO YOUUUUUUR OWNNNN OPINNNIONNN!!! I love the album top to bottom, can't stop jamming it!
Old 11-02-2009, 04:07 PM   #98
00iceman
USER INFO »
Re: 5 years to wait and Full Circle not as good as it could have been...

Quote: (Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX) Why didnt you put this under *Full Circle Reviews*, but oh well you are ENTITLLLEEDD TO YOUUUUUUR OWNNNN OPINNNIONNN!!!
Yes, why?

Quote: (Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX) I love the album top to bottom,

Agreed!

Quote: (Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX) can't stop jamming it!
Agreed!
Old 11-02-2009, 04:48 PM   #99
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Boston Globe Review:
Quote: Creed, 'Full Circle'
November 2, 2009

Creed Full Circle
Wind Up
ESSENTIAL “Away in Silence’’

Creed’s reunion album proves that sometimes a little - no, make that a lot - of humbling can be good for a rock band. Once you get past the opening salvo, the obvious arena-pleaser “Overcome’’ (derivative of Creed!), the hard rockers offer up a muscular set that can be interpreted as singer Scott Stapp’s plea for redemption. Stapp has written lyrics that look transparently at his failures and weaknesses. While he is not poetic, he is affecting in his nakedness and honesty. On “Suddenly,’’ he writes, “So suddenly, hit with what I’ve lost/ Suddenly my world is falling apart.’’ On the title track, he sings, “Took for granted what you should have preserved.’’ Virtually every song is influenced by the same sentiments. The sound, crisply produced by Howard Benson, is based around Mark Tremont’s bulldozer guitar work, swelling choruses, and Stapp’s still overly Eddie Vedder-esque howling. Two acoustic songs, “Rain’’ and the superb “Away in Silence’’ (“I’m not the man I used to be,’’ Stapp sings), are the best tracks, full of nuance and less reliance on conventional arm-swaying Creed tendencies. Creed has always been one of rock’s punching bags, but this album, at least, shows it can take a punch.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:03 PM   #100
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

Stapp compared to Vedder? there's a shocker...seems like every review is based on how Stapp sounds like Eddie Vedder, ridiculous!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:06 PM   #101
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

Where is that review based on him sounding like vedder?

He makes a brief comment about it, but in no way is that interview's focus that stapp sounds like vedder.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:31 PM   #102
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

In just saying they always have to throw in Eddie Vedder in every freakin' review..because whats a Scott Stapp review without a comparison in some sort.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:29 PM   #103
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

Kinda hard to play music without being compared to SOMEONE these days.

Look at it this way, if someone compared me to eddie vedder, i'd think it was an honor.

I mean it could be worse, they could compare creed to millie vanillie or something
Old 11-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #104
nagpo
USER INFO »

I never like pearl jam anyways. as far as I know, stapp influences are Jim Morrison, U2, and grunges-esque bands. i've never heard him cite Vedder as an influence.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:47 PM   #105
nagpo
USER INFO »

Here is EW's pathetic review

"Creed have unequivocally not returned with an album that will make you reconsider their merits as a band. Instead, they've set the time machine for 2000 with Full Circle, a standard collection of self-serious crunching-about, complete with Mark Tremonti's rarely dull (if sometimes overbearing) guitars and Scott Stapp's good ol' Vedder-derivative vocals. With exceptions like jangly grower ''Rain,'' it's heavier than the radio riffs of Creed's early days, and for messianic modern rock with a woe-is-me lyrical bent, it's not bad. Not sure who was asking for more of it, though. B"

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20315897,00.html

My thoughts:

The album sounds nothing like a creed song from 2000, like she insinuated. I wonder if this woman has ever really heard their previous stuff before. Tremontis guitar 'overbearing"? This bitch is about to get slapped. And "Scott Stapp's good ol' Vedder-derivative vocals"? That's it. She's dead. She seems to think Rain is the best song(idiot). "Not sure who was asking for more of it, though."...Uh, how about the 35 million people that have bought their records? What a dumb cow.

The only thing I agree on is, lyrically, the songs are about the writer. Not like bigger issues such as, faith, society and humanity that other Creed albums dealt with. This album is on a much smaller scale when it comes to that.