++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 05-27-2005, 09:26 PM   #1
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Eagle Eye Cherry concert review

Eagle Eye Cherry is here doing a Brazilian Tour. Since I had never gone to a concert before and I like his music, I was there!

I know many of you don't care to this kind of music but still...

Anyway, it rained more in 2 days than the average of the last 3 months... my city was a chaos... huge traffic jams... but my friends and I managed to get to the venue (www.credicardhall.com.br) a hour before the gig started. And we were one of the first there...

They delayed the opening act a bit, which was a good decision... but they sucked, it's some local band I have never heard of before... although props to their drummer, he was really good. And the only one that was cheered by the crowd! lol!

Eagle Eye got on stage after a while (in the middle of the round of 16 of the South American League between São Paulo and Palmeiras, two of the Top 3 teams of the city... it was funny people getting sms and phone calls with friends telling the score. São Paulo beated Palmeiras by 2-0 and I think the crowd was mainly supporting SP). I'll be honest and say and I knew nothing from his latest album Subrosa... but he played every song from Desireless I wanted. He brought his 2 sisters as well, who sang with him in a few tracks adn they also performed a song from his sister's album.

I think the crowd didn't get much into the concert except during the hits. We were in the pit, about 10 rows from the stage.His guitarist played some cool solos, it was cool to see. He did 3 encores... closed the gig with SAVE TONIGHT which was awesome. I love this song!

He talked to the audience a lot, tried to speak Portuguese and seemed really nice. Although my friend who's a big fan of him said this, as I quote: "LOL, look at him! He's definately high!" LOL! I couldn't tell though...

The sound was good, I'm so ready for Alter Bridge in Brazil!!!

PS: I had never seen so many pretty girls in the same place before!!!
Old 05-28-2005, 12:58 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Marcos, sounds like you had a great time! Glad you enjoyed the music and the pretty girls . That's funny about people getting updates on the game, hahaha. When I saw Metallica in October it was during the World Series and every now and then, I'd check the score of the game on my cell phone .