++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-23-2004, 10:19 PM   #1
Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Stapp in the News Again

Here is an article from the Miami Herald

Posted on Fri, Apr. 23, 2004

VELVET UNDERGROUND

The chic elite were out last weekend at the Ritz Carlton-South Beach for a big to-do featuring a Valentino fashion show and today's versions of Rockefellers, Vanderbilts and Rothschilds. On Wednesday, the who's who of local society flocked to Bal Harbour Shops for a big to-do at Christian Dior.

Although propriety and etiquette were of the order at Bal Harbour and over at the Ritz, up the block at the Shore Club was an unsightly situation involving Creed lead singer Scott Stapp and DanceStar USA's Ben Turner and Andy Ruffell . Proving that men will be boys, the fight ensued over a woman who, while in the company of Stapp's entourage, decided to make conversation with Turner. Bad move. The end result was a bloody nose, a visit to Mount Sinai's emergency room and a vow that, no matter how successful a dance remix of a Creed song may be in the future, the pious rock band will not be allowed to appear on stage at any DanceStar USA Dance Music Awards Show anytime soon. VU was unable to reach them for comment.

It's doesn't sound like Scott was the one who received the punches. Who knows - maybe somebody in his "entourage" was the one that threw the punch. And do you think that Creed would really ever want to be seen on DanceStar's stage?
Old 04-23-2004, 11:43 PM   #2
Julbright
USER INFO »
Thanks for posting that - although it breaks my heart - don't want him in any trouble. That passion is good for some things but not when it comes to anger...
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 04-24-2004, 01:00 AM   #3
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
ahhh, scott is a fighter! thats what im tallkin about, haha jk. i hope the police werent involved in this.
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 04-24-2004, 02:05 AM   #4
unforgiven_11
USER INFO »
Stapp in the News Again

I always thought Stapp was a lover not a fighter...
Old 04-24-2004, 03:56 AM   #5
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Well its not like none of US have gotten into any fights, now come on.

That is bad though, pretty sad to read that, but thanks for sharing the information, it wasn't very straight forward as to who got what, but anyhow, naughty Stappy, and over a girl? Oooh I wonder who
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 04-24-2004, 01:51 PM   #6
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Oh how i wished for that boxing match between stapp and puss...i mean fred durst. Stapp would have put a damn beating on him. and on another note, what the hell is dance star. This is pretty good news, it just goes to show that stapp hasnt lost his touch!

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-24-2004, 02:38 PM   #7
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
"I'm a freedom fighter no remorse, raging on the holy war, soon they'll come a day, when you're face to face with me."

Oh, Scott, Scott, Scott. What are we going to do with you. Maybe he needs to read a copy of that anger management pamphlet he sent to Fred Durst.

Why did the autor say "pious rock band"? Pious is another way of saying Christian (or, religious actually).
pi-ous (pí'es) adj. 1 having or showing religious devotion 2 seemingly virtuous 3 sacred 4 beloved devotion to the gods.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 04-24-2004, 02:41 PM   #8
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Oh how i wished for that boxing match between stapp and puss...i mean fred durst. Stapp would have put a damn beating on him. and on another note, what the hell is dance star. This is pretty good news, it just goes to show that stapp hasnt lost his touch!

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-24-2004, 02:43 PM   #9
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) "I'm a freedom fighter no remorse, raging on the holy war, soon they'll come a day, when you're face to face with me."

Oh, Scott, Scott, Scott. What are we going to do with you. Maybe he needs to read a copy of that anger management pamphlet he sent to Fred Durst.

Why did the autor say "pious rock band"? Pious is another way of saying Christian (or, religious actually).
pi-ous (pí'es) adj. 1 having or showing religious devotion 2 seemingly virtuous 3 sacred 4 beloved devotion to the gods.

H-D

Damn euphemisms!
Old 04-25-2004, 08:35 AM   #10
hide
USER INFO »
i know he's a target being a celebrity and all but he has being in a couple of fights of late. i don't know the full story obviously but it is concerning. more importantly did he win the fight?
Old 04-25-2004, 06:30 PM   #11
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
what's up with him? I'm kind concerned about Stapp. He's been in 3 bar fights lately...that we heard of. I hope those the only ones.

And we don't even hear a word about his projects. I wish Amy would post here! She's so cute!
Old 04-25-2004, 06:44 PM   #12
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by hide) i know he's a target being a celebrity and all but he has being in a couple of fights of late. i don't know the full story obviously but it is concerning. more importantly did he win the fight?

Yes, he is a target, not only because he's a celeb, but people love to bash him in particular. I sometimes wonder if some of this stuff is staged, planned, whatever. I mean, in one fight he was in a few yrs. ago, someone was actually there with a camera, taking a picture of him looking aggressive, etc. I think sometimes the media just loves to see him, and other celebs, get in fights so they can publish that, vs. "good" press, and make more $$$. I mean, Stapp does need to learn to control his temper, especially in those situations, because he's giving them exactly what they want. If he could just control his temper and be the bigger man and walk away, they'd probably stop trying to get him riled....well, one can hope, can't one? It just seems so opposite of what his lyrics say - "Just give love to all" and "the only difference is to let love replace all our hate" - he needs to learn to make his lyrics a reality in his personal life.

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 04-25-2004, 06:53 PM   #13
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) Well its not like none of US have gotten into any fights, now come on.

That is bad though, pretty sad to read that, but thanks for sharing the information, it wasn't very straight forward as to who got what, but anyhow, naughty Stappy, and over a girl? Oooh I wonder who

I've never gotten into any physical fights before, but I have been in a few verbal fights though
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 04-25-2004, 07:44 PM   #14
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) what's up with him? I'm kind concerned about Stapp. He's been in 3 bar fights lately...that we heard of. I hope those the only ones.

And we don't even hear a word about his projects. I wish Amy would post here! She's so cute!

Who's Amy?

Is one of the three when Scott got face-to-face with Justin Timberlake?
Old 04-25-2004, 08:07 PM   #15
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Amy's Stapp's young sister, who sang back vocals in DSD. Have I ever said she's cute? :P