++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-13-2004, 12:24 AM   #16
tremontirocks!
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
OMG THATS GREAT NEWS!!!! THANX FOR THE INFO JEZ!!!!!!! Looks like we will be hearing some scott stuff really really soon!!! N its great to c that creed arent breaking up, just as i thought all along. THey r juz doing solo albums. Scott is doing one, n i feel mark tremonti is doing something like troy stetina did to show his real guitar skills!!! ROCK ON!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2004, 01:46 AM   #17
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sheila63) I'd love to hear Scott sing Amazing Grace. It's my favorite hymn/spiritual song.

Just a note, Scott sang the opening line of Amazing Grace before the song "Unforgiven" at a concert in Philidelphia, PA - 3/5/98 ... if you have the bootleg, check it out

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 02-13-2004, 02:18 AM   #18
Jez
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Just a note, Scott sang the opening line of Amazing Grace before the song "Unforgiven" at a concert in Philidelphia, PA - 3/5/98 ... if you have the bootleg, check it out
I was thinking the same thing, Steve. Hmmmm....maybe I should rip and "clip" it.

Creed~~Bullets
Old 02-13-2004, 07:25 AM   #19
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
WOWW!!!!

Isn't this GREAT news or what? I'm jumping up and down my chair

That explains all his public appearances I guess!!! THNX FOR THE ULTIMATE GOOD NEWS JEZ!!! Oh girl YOU RULE!!!!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 02-13-2004, 07:27 AM   #20
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jez) I was thinking the same thing, Steve. Hmmmm....maybe I should rip and "clip" it.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Go ahead and make our day girl!!!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 02-13-2004, 08:21 AM   #21
benkenobi
USER INFO »
This is all turning out pretty cool!
Old 02-13-2004, 09:19 AM   #22
mushroomy2k
USER INFO »
wow stace this is great news you always find the best interviews
and frankie to,yall are the best.
have a great friday.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:20 AM   #23
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Hmmmmmm.......

With all the speculation about the dude and what he was doing.....(wallowing was a word I saw mentioned on this board).....seems he might have been out of sight....but apparently very busy. I hope the legal technicalities can be worked out in time.....I'd be interested in hearing his contribution to a soundtrack. And Jez....very true...all of his comments about bandmates has been positive.....unlike some of the rumors surrounding what has been said by his bandmates regarding his status with the band.

The new stuff isn't Creed.....but it appears we have alot to look forward to in the next year.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:30 AM   #24
Julbright
USER INFO »
Thank you oh resourceful information Queen. You rock Stace - I am almost giddy about all this - still a little annoyed we had to wonder for so long what was going on but I am really feeling reassured and calm now. He isn't fading off into the sunset as I had feared - this is just great great additional news
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 02-13-2004, 10:00 AM   #25
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Julbright) Thank you oh resourceful information Queen. You rock Stace - I am almost giddy about all this - still a little annoyed we had to wonder for so long what was going on but I am really feeling reassured and calm now. He isn't fading off into the sunset as I had feared - this is just great great additional news

I feel the same way - reassured and calm.

Hey, you never know, six months from now we could all look back and be laughing at how worried we all were about the break-up. Time heals all wounds. (And my wounds were pretty deep when all the break-up rumours came out.) I've said it before - I'm still in denial!
Old 02-13-2004, 10:16 AM   #26
shunammite
USER INFO »
I already posted this at the PIt on the thread about this interview....some on the thread there expressed uneasiness and said they were "not religious"...here were my thoughts...I might be the most religious fan Creed has, if you measure that sort of thing by posts about religion on the net, lol.

Quote: There are two ways to think about Christ...one way is he's one Person and if you don't get in line you are the enemy of God....the most extreme "church" position is basically this, but they don't really mean it, they are just groping after Truth/Beauty and trying to keep society safe at the same time, part of the "power structure."

But the other way...and Creed helped me cross over, lol...is to see that Christ is the Template of every person, every man is a part of His Body...we are all "children of the Most High" (Ps 82:6) being "perfected by suffering"....suffering is just "experiences"...as was Christ Himself, Heb 2:10, 5:8, I Pet 2:21. Every person, at every moment, is doing what he thinks is "right" according to his own limited vision, Prov 16:2...if we Loved, we would listen to one another and pool our vision and see everything, but we are too afraid...it is fear that keeps people in Bondage, and makes them cruel to one another, and dying is scary and we are supposed to stay alive as long as we can, it isn't so simple, Heb 2:14-15.

I don't think any person is truly "not religious" because that would mean they would not CARE about What is Right...I don't think any person thinks only of himself...but we just cannot see enough, alone...and what we can see, we are afraid to act on. I have a lot of respect for people who conscienciously avoid organized religion, though...and am finally forgiving people who participate in it, a little bit.

I think Gibson already made two movies about "christ", Braveheart and The Patriot, the big heroes are big examples of Christ...but there is a little "christ" in every one of us, pulling us along the painful but noble path...a woman especially finds out about "christ" when she has children...what it means to live for someone else's benefit and forget about yourself if necessary.

I was feeling a little queasy about this movie, my son's Christian school is taking the whole high school to see it, I think a lot of fundamentalists think it will make everyone run to pray the sinner's prayer and march down the aisle at a Jerry Falwell crusade. I was afraid it might just push people to hate one another for Jesus...just what those who bring up antisemitism feared..

But I hope it will help us see Jesus in one another...as much as ye have done it to the least of these, ye have done it unto me...there's a Peace inside us all...a Prince of Peace...let it be your Friend.

Sorry for bringing the religion in here...I am glad to hear about the interview, and feel a bit better about Stapp's state...the bible as just another book...well every work of Art...real "gut expression"...is the Word of God to me...and the bible handled by people who are dumb is not...you have to Love God/Goodness and Love People...AND LOVE YOURSELF...to be blessed by the Bible.
Old 02-13-2004, 01:19 PM   #27
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
HELL YEAH! WHOO WHOO WHOO WHOO WHOO HOO!

I knew it. I told ya. They're not over. Creed goes higher...
Too bad there's no smiley of a guy doing flips and totall freakin' out. I'd paste them all over in here since that's what I'm feeling right now.

H-D

Oh yeah. And I want to see the movie too. It looks really good.

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 02-13-2004, 04:06 PM   #28
JenRN
USER INFO »
OMG Amazing Grace!!!! The thought of him singing it makes tears come to my eyes! I LOVE that song, and can't wait to hear this! I want to hear it now! Talk about soothing music, the voice of an angel singing that song.... (sigh)

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 02-13-2004, 06:14 PM   #29
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Just one question, though:

The Passion is ready. Gibson already showed the movie to lots of people. Do you think there's time to insert Stapp tracks in it? Or am I wrong and they're just putting his tracks on the soundtrack album???
Old 02-13-2004, 06:41 PM   #30
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
I would assume it's for the soundtrack, however I'm sure they can simply splice in a song to the credits. I highly doubt the music would be used within the movie itself as that would require a lot of re-editing.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"