++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 10-16-2006, 11:23 AM   #1
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Losing our senses over love

Gotta get something off my chest!!!!! Mostly this is geared towards the ladies because that is what I am going through with friends right now, but I am sure that men have been through the same thing.

What is the deal with some of us these days! So many of my friends just lose their reason, intellect, and just plain common sense as soon as they start liking someone!

I mean, they forget who they are, they cast aside any values they have, even for close friends and own kids, their God, and particularly THEMSELVES, to please someone that they meet and fall for...and HOWWWW does it end?

They wind up shaking their heads, going how could I have EVER done that or, fallen for that/them,

THEN!!!!

The next bloke comes along and same old BULL***T!

I am so sick of seeing my friends crash and burn and then just do it all over again! - Over some stupid, unrealistic - fantasy love-life that leaves even themselves behind in the real world, whilst they are off with the romantic soap opera pixies!
Quote: (Originally Posted by Love-struck Idiots!)
. . . .. . . . . .

"wheeeeee!!!!"
What the fk is wrong with people!

I feel a justified need to dish out a wake up call!>

Because of what I have seen in this vein lately, I am angry and dissappointed, but I can assure you that even moreso, I am worried for people that I care about...

Can anyone please explain? Can anyone calm me down?!!! arrrgh!

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 10-16-2006, 01:21 PM   #2
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Re: Losing our senses over love

Explain it, no. This is just our nature.

The things I know I should do I don't do and I do the things I know I shouldn't do anyway. That's a paraphrase of scripture.

It's as natural as the frustration you feel from seeing it IMO

-Homer Simpson

Old 10-16-2006, 02:02 PM   #3
metalchris25
USER INFO »

I think its mostly the fear of being alone. Once you have that someone in your life, there is no feeling to replace it.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:23 PM   #4
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »

I hear ya Donna! I see the same thing going on around me sometimes as well Glad its them and not me though
The thing that I find very sad is the fact that some girls stay with guys that they don't even love,just to have somebody around and when they can't eat or sleep because some bunghole guy broke up with em .

I'm sorry,but no guy is going to keep me from sleeping
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 10-16-2006, 07:27 PM   #5
bilal
USER INFO »

hmmm... its good to have someone in your life, i suppose, and i think its prety much normal to have feellings of insecurity aswelll ... hmm.. but i do see people WAISTING them selves for what may be i can see as is not good for them or which i can safley say that wont gona last...... i guess its noble to keep an open heart and judge and then get waisted for something that is true, but may be its ok for us to keep our standard to our own self, we cannot, i believe, say to anyone that your judgement is wrong or right.... something may be very difficult to get but yet your instincts react truthfully to it... damn.... i think SINCIRR, the thing that troubling you here is that you can see something which your freinds cannot see, or perhaps dont want to see..... hmmm..... damn
Old 10-16-2006, 08:00 PM   #6
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Well..Im not the best person to post about it...I mean, right now Im involved in an huge emotional /romantic problem... and seems it wont disappear...at least its not a easy thing ...

And even though I 'eat and sleep' everyday ..I have this guy all the time in my head...and miss him a lot... and I didnt choose to fall in love ....he simply entered my life......and now even though we rarely talk, ... he is still part of this ....

We entered in each others lives in special moments ...(he was moving to other place I was ending a long relationship )...and when things become so intense ... day by day ...he said he had already a gf and that he was commited to her ...but he also said that he was confused (his gf lives far away from him now) ...using his words he was "lost" ...so after trying hard to end this 'relationship' we decided to keep it until the moment that he 'changed' ...and started ignoring me (his frinds said that its a way hes using to forget me cause he stil miss me a lot...)

but seems he's regretful .... and now Im the lost one...

sorry for posting it...but I thought about sharing it...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 10-16-2006 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:46 AM   #7
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana) Well..Im not the best person to post about it...I mean, right now Im involved in an huge emotional /romantic problem... and seems it wont disappear...at least its not a easy thing ...

Sounds like a bad situation Ana. Is he still with the other girl or has he broken up with her?

When we form relationships with people, there becomes a Soul Tie - even just from the beginning of the relationship. These strong ties are the reason why we allow things that we logically shouldnt in the relationship, like for instance: physical abuse or cheating; or like my friend, verbal abuse - subtle or harsh...and the Soul Tie is also why it is sooo hard to break up with the person, even if you know it is the right thing to do. Sounds like your guy had a soul tie to his ex, and you have one to him. Figure out whether it is the best thing or not to break that tie. Sometimes you need a bit of space to do that. I hope you can figure out whats best for you.

One of my friends just CANT learn. This guy that she was in love with who hangs around with more upper-middle-class people, tells her that he doesnt like the way she dresses or the way she laughs, and instead of getting hurt or mad, she just took what he said on herself. Why put up with a man that judges you for your image and how embarrasing that is to him? As far as I and everyone else is concerned, she dresses and laughs fine and she is wonderful just the way she is! But she put up with it and tried to fix what she looked like!

NOW she is falling madly in love with this absolute idiot who said to her at the beginning that he was gonna stop drinking, and i said to her, he is only saying that, and as soon as he knows youre not going anywhere, he will start again and before you know it, he will be drinking in your house.

And yes it happened and he is now drinking there, but she wouldnt listen and still doesnt understand that hes doing the wrong thing cos she is blinded.
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bilal) i guess its noble to keep an open heart and judge and then get waisted for something that is true, but may be its ok for us to keep our standard to our own self,
Yes it is a judgement in my own standards of what a man should be, but this situation is not good. What would you say if your friend was running straight off a cliff? Youre gonna try and warn em I guess.

I know that it was a bad idea to get too involved, so I have backed off heaps. Still doesnt mean that I am still not immensely frustrated with her, or the huge amount of other women that I am talking to these days!

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 10-18-2006, 10:07 AM   #8
bilal
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) One of my friends just CANT learn. This guy that she was in love with who hangs around with more upper-middle-class people, tells her that he doesnt like the way she dresses or the way she laughs, and instead of getting hurt or mad, she just took what he said on herself. Why put up with a man that judges you for your image and how embarrasing that is to him? As far as I and everyone else is concerned, she dresses and laughs fine and she is wonderful just the way she is! But she put up with it and tried to fix what she looked like!

NOW she is falling madly in love with this absolute idiot who said to her at the beginning that he was gonna stop drinking, and i said to her, he is only saying that, and as soon as he knows youre not going anywhere, he will start again and before you know it, he will be drinking in your house.

And yes it happened and he is now drinking there, but she wouldnt listen and still doesnt understand that hes doing the wrong thing cos she is blinded.

Yes it is a judgement in my own standards of what a man should be, but this situation is not good. What would you say if your friend was running straight off a cliff? Youre gonna try and warn em I guess.

I know that it was a bad idea to get too involved, so I have backed off heaps. Still doesnt mean that I am still not immensely frustrated with her, or the huge amount of other women that I am talking to these days!

ahh..... it was just yesterday i was trying to figure out what does PEARL JAM's song BETTER MAN (one of my favourites) actually means, and i was thinking that for once the band couldnt put up a meaningful song.... i guess this thread comes as an answer...... CANT FIND A BETTER MAN!
Old 10-18-2006, 10:28 AM   #9
Sincirr
USER INFO »

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 10-19-2006, 03:47 PM   #10
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »

ummm will try cut long story short :P dont normally talk bout stuff like this lol

became really good friends with a girl i worked with, saw alot of each other outside of work even though she was in a relationship. anyways she told me 1 night she wanted to go further then friends, told her i had no interest in someone already in a relationship but that i felt same way about her. she got confused bout what to do, went on for several months and it felt like we got even closer. we would talk 24/7 etc then eventually she said she felt the same about me but wanted to stay in relationship with him, scared of change blah blah. she wanted to just go back to being friends like before.

its kinda been like that for awhile, we dont talk as much as before. every few days she sends email/sms and i want to reply but its easier for me to just ignore it and shut her out. we have alot of mutual friends that i think understand why i dont talk to her anymore, but she wont leave it be.
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 10-19-2006, 06:42 PM   #11
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by Muad'Dib)
its kinda been like that for awhile, we dont talk as much as before. every few days she sends email/sms and i want to reply but its easier for me to just ignore it and shut her out. we have alot of mutual friends that i think understand why i dont talk to her anymore, but she wont leave it be.

wow! seems the same situation here...u act like he acts...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 10-20-2006, 03:35 AM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Oh, boy, matters of the heart are never easy to figure out, but I do agree with metalchris that on some level, people who stay with undesirable s/o's are afraid of being alone and of change. Change is scary, even good change, but sometimes, it's necessary. Sincirr, it's doubtful your friends in these situations will listen to you because the blindness to it all can be overwhelming. And then, when the pieces fall apart, they will be looking for a shoulder. If they truly are your friends, just be there when then need you, because inevitably, they will.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:10 PM   #13
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Gotta get something off my chest!!!!! Mostly this is geared towards the ladies because that is what I am going through with friends right now, but I am sure that men have been through the same thing.

What is the deal with some of us these days! So many of my friends just lose their reason, intellect, and just plain common sense as soon as they start liking someone!

I mean, they forget who they are, they cast aside any values they have, even for close friends and own kids, their God, and particularly THEMSELVES, to please someone that they meet and fall for...and HOWWWW does it end?

They wind up shaking their heads, going how could I have EVER done that or, fallen for that/them,

THEN!!!!

The next bloke comes along and same old BULL***T!

I am so sick of seeing my friends crash and burn and then just do it all over again! - Over some stupid, unrealistic - fantasy love-life that leaves even themselves behind in the real world, whilst they are off with the romantic soap opera pixies!

What the fk is wrong with people!

I feel a justified need to dish out a wake up call!>

Because of what I have seen in this vein lately, I am angry and dissappointed, but I can assure you that even moreso, I am worried for people that I care about...

Can anyone please explain? Can anyone calm me down?!!! arrrgh!
DONNA LEE, DONNA LEE DONNA LEE, DONNA LEE, thats the way human nature works, HUMAN NATUREEEEEEEEE,
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done