++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 03:05 PM   #16
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: It has nothing to do with being armchair musicians or artists. If it sounded bad to some people, it sounded bad.

it may not have anything to do with being "armchair musicians" for some....but for others, it just might...and if you read the words below that appear in the origional post, dogstar, you will see that basically i agreed with what you have said above.

Quote: Posted by Ann Allusion:

I can understand that everyone has a right to their own opinions, and that is all most of you are doing is expressing your "view" of what you saw and heard, and we all know not everyone sees and hears the same thing,

Quote: The man is not perfect; no artist is. Take off the rose-colored glasses for a change.

There are no "rose colored glasses" here....despite what some may choose to believe...never felt the man as perfect...only human...nothing more...nothing less...but if i have to accept the label of wearing "rose colored glasses"...then so be it...for i would rather see the beauty in something than forever be picking it apart and searching for the negative.

He sang accapella...something not easy to do, without an ear prompter so he could hear the music...so of course the naysayers knew he wasn't lip syncing....he sounded a bit nervous..but covered it well...maybe a little flat...but then again...not as bad as others i have heard sing the song...as i saw it, he did the song quite well...with finesse...and put himself into it with passion, just as he seems to do with anything he chooses to sing...and i would suspect in his life in general...
Old 10-28-2004, 03:21 PM   #17
Chase
USER INFO »
I thought in this case... someone like Myles Kennedy would do a much better rendition. However, Scott did alright... but this song totally wasn't the type of song that fits his voice range. He was flat, but not horrible. It's a difficult song and his voice just couldn't keep up with it. Scott is still the man though!
Old 10-28-2004, 03:24 PM   #18
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Why is it that you have to justify or make some excuse or blame so-called armchair musicians for what was a subpar performance? I'm a fan of Scott, too, and I frankly had hoped for a better performance, but I can admit it when my favorite artists aren't "on", and he wasn't. I watched it with other people who didn't even know who he was and every one of them thought he did a bad job.
It has nothing to do with being armchair musicians or artists. If it sounded bad to some people, it sounded bad. The man is not perfect; no artist is. Take off the rose-colored glasses for a change.

Sweety, i knew that people from another forum will be putting knives on your back for saying that...specially when the comentary is negative against Scott. I saw the performance and i canīt say he sang bad...i just feel impartial cuz i canīt see anything special on it. Also Scott has a great voice i think that song doesnīt fit his voice...but i have to say he put all his feelings on it...so for once i canīt say anything bad against him...iīm being a good girl...

Old 10-28-2004, 03:27 PM   #19
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I thought in this case... someone like Myles Kennedy would do a much better rendition. However, Scott did alright... but this song totally wasn't the type of song that fits his voice range. He was flat, but not horrible. It's a difficult song and his voice just couldn't keep up with it. Scott is still the man though!

if Myles had sang the song i was being having orgasams over and over again...
i can believe i said that!!!!!!oooooppppppsssss........

Old 10-28-2004, 03:57 PM   #20
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Quote: if anyone of the people making these comments, and you know who you are, truely, believe they could have done any better...???

Hell no I couldn't do any better! I can't carry a note in a bucket. But I also have the good sense not to attempt it in the first place.

Last edited by RockGoddess : 10-28-2004 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-28-2004, 04:53 PM   #21
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I was too busy screaming with surprise since I didn't know he would be singing. Then my mom called to be sure I was watching and by then I didn't get to actually hear most of it. Thank God for Tivo! My mom called back when it was over and asked why he sounded out of breath.

After I re-listened to it, I did notice the "breathing thing" ... but I thought he did a good job. I can understand where some are coming from about sounding flat or maybe the song not really being in his typical range. It's not an easy song and I'm sure he had to have been nervous.

Anyway, I thought he did a good job!
Old 10-28-2004, 04:59 PM   #22
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I just want to clarify ... I'm not saying I think he sounded flat. I just think he was trying to keep it pretty mellow yet with feeling ... probably trying not to "overdo" it and then ending up not sounding good.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:31 PM   #23
StillACreedFan
USER INFO »
To all the poeple saying he did a bad job:

When's the last time you heard an extremely good rendition of God Bless America?
Old 10-28-2004, 07:11 PM   #24
IChooseToFight
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Download is availble on PBF.

what is PBF?

edit: never mind, found out now

Last edited by IChooseToFight : 10-28-2004 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:53 PM   #25
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by StillACreedFan) To all the poeple saying he did a bad job:

When's the last time you heard an extremely good rendition of God Bless America?

Two nights ago... Amy Grant, even though I'm not a fan, was quite good.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:00 PM   #26
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by IChooseToFight) what is PBF?

edit: never mind, found out now

www.passionbreedsfollowers.com

Helped you man????
Old 10-28-2004, 08:21 PM   #27
ctfan
USER INFO »
This enitre thread is just freaking hilarious!!!! "rip it, rip it, rip it...I want to see, I want to see, where can find it??, who's got it??, gimmee, gimmee, gimmee!!!!!"

Why, when you aren't even a Stapp fan??.....
Old 10-28-2004, 08:27 PM   #28
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) There are no "rose colored glasses" here....despite what some may choose to believe...never felt the man as perfect...only human...nothing more...nothing less...but if i have to accept the label of wearing "rose colored glasses"...then so be it...for i would rather see the beauty in something than forever be picking it apart and searching for the negative...

I don't know about you Ann, but since many of us have been given that "rose colored glasses" label, I bet we'll look good in them.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:38 PM   #29
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Hellboy) Two nights ago... Amy Grant, even though I'm not a fan, was quite good.
Agreed.

Ann Allusion, I wasn't picking his performance apart and looking for the negative. I, like you, stated my opinion, but you never seem to think the man has an off night. He has, as have many other artists. On this night, I thought he had an off night. I didn't say it was terrible. I said he sound flat, a little nervous and his breath control was off. I thought he put a lot of feeling into it, but he didn't pull it off.

As to what others said about the difficulty of the song and such, that's irrelevant. He either nailed it or he didn't. In this case, I don't think he did. Just my opinion.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:39 PM   #30
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) This enitre thread is just freaking hilarious!!!! "rip it, rip it, rip it...I want to see, I want to see, where can find it??, who's got it??, gimmee, gimmee, gimmee!!!!!"

Why, when you aren't even a Stapp fan??.....
Just because some aren't as passionate about Stapp as you are does not mean they aren't fans. Most of the people here still enjoy Creed's music, and that includes Scott.
Closed Thread