++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-08-2004, 11:07 PM   #1
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
This is retarded

- band ditches stapp and makes their own band (with song and music wrighter mark tremontie)

- stapp leaves and makes his own "solo" debute album
(song and music wrighter stapp)

so you cut the talent in half and get 2x as much. But is it better??
i think this whole thing is
RETARDED
more like, creed stays, combine their talents and rule the world.
but they dont like each otehr cuz they spilt some milk, i think this is stupid. kinda like

OH YEHA WELL WATCH ME MAKE MY OWN BAND!

OH YEHA ILL MAKE MY OWN SINGLE CD ILL SHOW U

OH YHEA ILL GET THE DRUMMER AND THE OLD BASSIST

OH YHEA ILL SHOW U ALL BY MAKING A DEBUTE SINGLE ALBUM

Scott stapp = sucks without mark and band

Mark tremontie = sucks without stapps singing and help with song wrighting / music writing.

this is stuuuuuuupid, why cant they just get along??
I WANT MORE CREED, not freken Stapp or mark i want em ALL MAKING GOOD MUSIC LIKE THE YALWAYS DO. i want teh COmbination of talents that create unforgettable creative songs. you split tha ttalent up and your gona get some so-so stuff.

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 01-08-2004, 11:37 PM   #2
RMadd
USER INFO »
easy, Trigger... I'm sure your sentiments are shared by many people on here... and not to be rude, but it's part of life.... what's your signature say? "If life gives you lemons, then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!" i suggest you take a piece of your own advice in your sig (no matter how jokingly it was intended), b/c most people on here either, a) agree w/ you; b) don't want to hear another identical complaint about this situation. Lo siento.

Old 01-08-2004, 11:39 PM   #3
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
[quote=Xterminator27]
Scott stapp = sucks without mark and band

Mark tremontie = sucks without stapps singing and help with song wrighting / music writing.
QUOTE]

Umm I disagree with this Part. Stapp is a good vocalist and will do well. Tremonti is a decent vocalist (chorus in MOP) and the new vocalist the band is getting sounds very talented. Also mark writes many of the lyrical parts in songs. While Mark did most of the songwriting Scott had much input, so the two of them are both very talented musicians. So I think these solo albums will be good. I want creed as creed, but if we cant have that than i will definitely take 2 solo albums (better than nothing at all). I think we all need to just accept what has happened and move on.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:40 PM   #4
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) easy, Trigger... I'm sure your sentiments are shared by many people on here... and not to be rude, but it's part of life.... what's your signature say? "If life gives you lemons, then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!" i suggest you take a piece of your own advice in your sig (no matter how jokingly it was intended), b/c most people on here either, a) agree w/ you; b) don't want to hear another identical complaint about this situation. Lo siento.

1. i just realized that my sig althu a joke is actually a good peice of wisdom.

2. i can complain all i want.

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 01-08-2004, 11:45 PM   #5
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) 1. i just realized that my sig althu a joke is actually a good peice of wisdom.

2. i can complain all i want.

Yes you can, but we can also tell you to get over it because there is nothing to be done and the rest of us have moved on.

Last edited by Iced : 01-08-2004 at 11:50 PM. Reason: sorry, i went on a rant
Old 01-09-2004, 12:21 AM   #6
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Iced) Yes you can, but we can also tell you to get over it because there is nothing to be done and the rest of us have moved on.
Amen, brotha!

Old 01-09-2004, 12:41 AM   #7
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
dude, have you been drinkin
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 01-09-2004, 01:34 AM   #8
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) but they dont like each otehr cuz they spilt some milk, i think this is stupid. kinda like
But dude, we don't know what the "argument" (if it was an argument), was about, so you can't just judge by saying it's stupid, because none of us know what it was over. It was obviously something so big that forced them apart, I mean before this, Stapp and Tremo were best friends, they were like brothers, this argument would have had to be so enourmous to make them go their seperate ways, I'm sure. But then again I don't know what goes on inside their heads, inside their personal life.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) Scott stapp = sucks without mark and band
Okay. Have you heard Stapp without Flip and Mark? NO he hasn't done a solo album ever before so you don't know what he's capabale of!
And, same goes with Mark! Have you heard Mark without Flip and Stapp (DISCLUDING guitar solo's!) NO!

BUT, I do know how you feel, we all know how you feel and we all know what you mean, but that's life, you know. We have to accept the fact that they are no longer together, they are doing solo projects, and just look forward to both of them. I sure am, but I am also devestated that this has happened. I want them together too, I want Creed, but if it doesn't happen, then it doesn't happen. Sometimes life's a bitch, and this is one of those times. There's good out of every bad though, the solo projects will be the good.

Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006

Last edited by - hayley - : 01-09-2004 at 01:37 AM.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:38 AM   #9
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Well ... I have to say that I am not over it! I am REALLY upset by all this. True that we can't change it and it is what it is ... like it or not. But just as was mentioned above, we don't know what the "argument" ... if there was one ... was about. So I could only hope that a great friendship won't remain destroyed and that whatever it was that happened can eventually be repaired. And THEN we will have Creed again.

I just can't imagine that all of their most popular songs ... MOP, WAWO, Higher, etc. ... will never be performed again! I really just can't get it through my head!

Of course, I'm glad there will be solo stuff because it's better than nothing ... but it's just not the same. I even like their name ... Creed ... it just sounds cool!

I'm depressed!
Old 01-09-2004, 10:40 AM   #10
creedlvr
USER INFO »
And for the record ...

I agree that the whole thing is stupid. They were a top selling rock band with so many fans. They've come so far and had a great thing! To throw it away and have to start all over is just plain dumb!
Old 01-09-2004, 07:51 PM   #11
VoveoVoviVotum
USER INFO »
You know... on Creed.com all it says is they're doing solo careers, it doesn't say the band's splitting up... but then, I doubt I know as much as you fellows, I jumped on the "Creed train" super late.

In any case... a ton of bands have done this, and then got back together. What exactly did they fight over? And they have done amazingly well for the time they've been around... it's a form of career suicide to split up.

I'm sure things will work out, though.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:09 PM   #12
hayley
USER INFO »
creedlvr, you are right in some ways. They have come so far to just throw every great thing they have done away. But I guess that's the price you pay for being in a rock band.

VoveoVoviVotum, (wow what a whooper of a name) don't go to Creed.com they really suck with their information.

Welcome to the board, by the way.

Old 01-09-2004, 11:16 PM   #13
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) VoveoVoviVotum, (wow what a whooper of a name) don't go to Creed.com they really suck with their information.

Regardless of whether they suck at being current, it is the current OFFICIAL ("official", of course, being the key word here) news on the band. Why report all the hear-say? That's what all these God-forsaken message boards are for.

Old 01-09-2004, 11:28 PM   #14
hayley
USER INFO »
Yeah that's true, because there hasn't been any official mention of them breaking up has there. So I guess you could say they aren't bad on the information, I should have said it's the dates that they actually put the news up, I mean they are SO SLOW!!!

Old 01-09-2004, 11:51 PM   #15
VoveoVoviVotum
USER INFO »
Well, if you think about it, they're probably pretty busy most of the time... so even if they're slow, they know what's going on with the band, right?