++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-13-2005, 08:17 AM   #31
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Haha, everyone is writing so long posts, I don't have the energy to read them

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-13-2005, 11:44 AM   #32
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) You don't make money unless you tour. Just ask Dave Matthews. Stapp, I believe was the one who wanted a break...needed a break. He had family. And Mark accused him of being lazy. Go fucking figure.
Granted, yes, they do make a lot of money on tour, that's not where all of their money comes from. When a band sells 30 million albums, that's a pretty nice band account figure. Mark accused him of being lazy because he didn't even know everything that was going on with Stapp. He told us so. Stapp was not the only one with a family. Mark is married. Flip is married and has a 1 year old daughter. I believe Myles is married. Trust me. That was not one of their biggest reasons.
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) He refused??? HE REFUSED???? Jeez, you really need to read up a bit more dude, he explained all that a long time ago. He didn't refuse anything, he was TOLD not to make anything public. Mark doesn't keep his fans up to date on shit, esp boards like this....Mike does it for him. Last I remember, Stapp doesn't have a brother to be his mouth piece.
I read everything I could. And yes, he refused. He and some people close to him ADVISED him not to tell the whole story. It wasn't until after the breakup of Creed, and really, a few months ago, that Stapp began talking openly about it. He could have told us what was going on if he wanted to.

Mark talks to fans. At meet-and-greets, at concerts, in the streets. That's where we've gotten a lot of our information when AB was just beginning and how we first heard about the Creed breakup. Mark told a fan at a meet-and-greet on October 12th 2003 that "Creed as we know it is over" when a fan asked him a question. And, like aussiecreeder said, the mouthpiece (Mark or Mike) it is irrelevant.

Sure Scott doesn't have a brother for a mouthpiece, but he does have sisters, parents, public relations department, a personal assistant, managers, etc. One of them would do just fine.
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Stapp has skewed priorities....LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh please, I think that's what the whole problem is...Stapp's priorites are right were they are supposed to be, and Mark didn't like it.....
So good priorities to you is not telling the fans what is going on, not wanting to do an album, or only working on it because you have to, cancelling tour dates and not explaining why, buy some land in Maui and escape for a year while not telling your bandmates what's going on, etc.?

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 01-13-2005, 02:14 PM   #33
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) I hope beyond hope that stapp's album is worth the wait. I know i said a lot of things about stapp playing creed songs (and i still think its wrong) but at the same time, he was the lead singer for creed. What stapp needs to do is give us more detail about what hes doing, some pictures of him in the studio, some music, something, anything! I am one of those people who lose interest fast, but creed has kept my interest, hell, they are the reason i became a musician, and i give stapp credit as my vocal influence, but at the same time, im going to be highly upset with him if the date gets pushed back again. As a musician, i can understand his need for perfection, but at the same time, he needs to keep his fanbase interested, and im pretty close to losing interest, because im thinking alter bridge will have 3 new albums out before stapp puts one out (they are a fast group of individuals, for all we know, they could have a studio on their tour bus, recording new things as they ride along)

You know, I agree with just about everything you said. I'll be upset if the Album gets pushed back, too. Right now, the only people I'm upset with are Wind Up. Not Scott. Wind Up COULD release the video for Relearn Love. They COULD promote the song. They COULD give us some updates and finally make the full site. Like I've said before, wouldn't it be awesome if Stapp did, say, a weekly diary where he talks about what he's been doing? I don't think that would eat up too much of his time and it would show that he cares about the fans. Not only that, it would satisfy the fans because they'd be getting news about Stapp on a weekly basis. Quite frankly, I think Wind Up has made some terrible decisions with Stapp's solo career thus far. They didn't promote Relearn Love properly(again, where is the video that he made?) They haven't given Stapp a full site.(it didn't take them this long to give Alter Bridge or any other Wind Up band a full site) And they haven't kept us updated on Stapp. That's why I'm really most upset with Wind Up at the moment. If Stapp's debut solo CD gets pushed back because he hasn't finished it yet, then I'll be upset with Stapp. Until then, I'm upset with Wind Up because I'm blaming them for the lack of news. Oh, and how about a release date, Wind Up? Even just saying March/April 2005 would be helpful.

The only positive thing I can say about Wind Up is that they're doing a good job with Alter Bridge. Not a great job, but a good one. Let's see some more promotion for AB, too.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!