++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-23-2003, 11:52 AM   #46
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
I was at the Chicago show too, but this lawsuit pisses me off to no end. We were finally beginning to hear the end of it and then this crap is started over.

Alot of what those 4 people are claiming is being exaggerated. I was 2nd from the rail and had a good close-up view. He DID NOT spend the whole time on the floor and how do they know what exactly he had going on or what the rest of the band knew or didn't know. They are making Stapp sound like an alcoholic because he had a bad night.

I wonder if these people have ever heard of forgive & forget? I can't believe some of these "so-called" fans actually calling Scott names over on VH1. It was fine to be upset and voice your opinion for awhile after it happened but fans DO NOT treat a band they love that way. It is un-called for and so wrong.

I for one, will be one of the first in line for tickets for their next tour. I hope this silly-ass lawsuit is tossed out of court!

Thanks for hearing my view!
Rose
Old 04-23-2003, 12:00 PM   #47
marlsy
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
this lawsuit just pisses me off royally!! :madder: :mad2
Old 04-23-2003, 12:26 PM   #48
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Hey, I wonder if we can stand up for the defense if we were there. They can claim he was on the floor the whole concert, we know better. And my goodness, I'm fighting my urge to correct Rob's English. Someone stop me before I get sued!
Old 04-23-2003, 01:10 PM   #49
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
That warrants a apology, Joy. Rob owes you a apology for his grammar. (ok, I'll stop now, that just makes me laugh) Gonna go make myself a egg now.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 04-23-2003, 01:14 PM   #50
The Lithium
USER INFO »
AMERICA~Love It Or Leave It!....I'll LEAVE it!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 04-23-2003, 01:48 PM   #51
robaustin1701
USER INFO »
My opinion (which I also posted over on the Creed Pit, sorry if some of you are seeing this twice)

I actually think those fans suing Creed have a decent chance of winning. This was an extreme circumstance, and since it was not resolved properly, they are well within their rights to file the lawsuit.

Moreover - maybe this will make any other rock star who likes to f*ck around and in turn gives his fans a poor performance due to drugs or alcohol (or any OTHER reason) - a reason to stay sober - and a reason to get on with the show, and give their ALL every single night.

Performing is Scott's job. The person who buys the ticket to the concert is Scott's client. If that person is given a less than adequate performance (by the standards of other shows on the tour) they should be entitled to get their money back. IT's well documented what other shows on the tour looked like (and I was at two of those shows and they were AWESOME!) It's well documented what happened at Chicago. Chicago was an extremely poor show. Scott did NOT do his job as a performer. This is not about a personal attack on Scott, or on any band member. IT's about not performing up to the standard - the standard by which Scott and the band set in other shows on the tour. I've seen the band twice, my wife has seen them 7 times.

What I think is happening here - is that everyone takes this so PERSONALLY - they are forgetting to take a step back and look at it logically, and rationally.

Saying things like "Get over it" are just defense mechanisms for people to use - to avoid looking at the real problem. Making excuses like "well everyone has a bad day" are just that - excuses. Everyone does have a bad day. Not everyone comes to work drunk off their gourd and unable to perform their job. Scott did that, and he should be held accountable for that. Sorry folks, I really think you're not taking off the rose colored glasses. You've put the band on such a high pedestal, youy're not willing to look at the rational argument this lawsuit brings.

And - I can't believe that some people here would be so insensitive to other fans who may not have the support of this board (or know about it) and who love the band as much as you guys do - especially young fans - to say to THEM "IT's just a show, get over it." Because I'm sure that when you were 13 and went to a concert - and saw your idol up there on that stage - with that money you saved for months - you expected that band to be the best they could be. And if that band f*cked around, you would probably be heart broken. And - that's all the more reason why Scott - who has such a big heart for kids - should KNOW he SHOULDN'T have f*cked around like that. But somehow, some way, that night he didn't care about anyone else but himself - as any alcoholic or drug user does. They care nothing but for themselves. If he truly cared about his job, about his fans, and about the concert that night, he would NOT have MADE that choice to drink to excess and come out like that.

Whatever pain he was/is in - that doesn't excuse the behavior he exhibited - and the choice that he made that night, and it should not excuse the band from somehow "making good" on a decent show, or refunding the concert goer's money. Any concert goer who went to that show deserves their money back.

I know this is an unpopular opinion. I know most of you think I'm being an insensitive idiot. "Oh pity poor Scott, he was in pain." "Oh get over it, it's only a concert." Guess what? If Scott was so wonderful and honorable as all here purport - he would have faced the music, and done something good, and honorable - either given another concert, or refunded people's money who wanted a refund. He's only human. Humans make mistakes. Humans also own up to their mistakes when they make them, and make up for them when they can. They don't sweep them under the rug and hope that it goes away. He made a mistake that night - one that will likely haunt him for a long time. He let the fans down. Fans like you guys, who love the band with all their hearts. You can't tell me there are fans out there that didn't love the band the way you do, who felt cheated that night. In this country, if you feel cheated, you stand up and say so. If the one who cheated you doesn't stand up and apologize and make good, you can pursue legal action. Just because they're a celebrity, just because they "had a bad day" doesn't give them an excuse to tell you to "get over it."

If this didn't happen with Creed, it would eventually have happened with another artist or band who screwed up. You're making this about "the establishment" versus Creed. "Support the band! Down with the lawsuit! Down with the MAN! Goverment is BAD! Those people aren't REAL fans - a REAL fan would take the good with the bad! THey'd suck it up!" That's NOT what this is about.
IT's about the principle, and it's about doing the RIGHT and honorable thing. Which they didn't do.

Or do I just make too much sense for this board?

--*Rob
Old 04-23-2003, 01:54 PM   #52
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Or do I just make too much sense for this board

Yes, that's it. You make much too much sense for us poor ignorant slobs. It's a wonder we can even manage to turn on our own computers, let alone type letters together that make up words. Thanks for being so condescending to us, Rob. You had my attention until that last sentence. Then you lost me.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 04-23-2003, 01:58 PM   #53
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Teri....check your mail....Okay...I don't like Bush, thats why I'll leave America, but I DON'T mean that you're stuppid in ANYWAY!!! Do we understand each other?

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 04-23-2003, 02:00 PM   #54
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by extreme_LITHIUM
AMERICA~Love It Or Leave It!....I'll LEAVE it!
Great! Bye
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 04-23-2003, 02:00 PM   #55
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: And - I can't believe that some people here would be so insensitive to other fans who may not have the support of this board (or know about it) and who love the band as much as you guys do - especially young fans - to say to THEM "IT's just a show, get over it." Because I'm sure that when you were 13 and went to a concert - and saw your idol up there on that stage - with that money you saved for months - you expected that band to be the best they could be.

I've opined on this subject many a time, and I'm sorry for the young fans, too, but you know what? Disappointment is a part of life. Sometimes, you don't always get what you want. And it was just a friggin concert, for crying out loud! We're not talking about a world crisis. There are FAR more worthy events to sue over. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You take your chances going to a concert, a movie, a sporting event, whatever. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it isn't.

By the way, you or I really don't know the circumstances of Scott's *high* or *drunk* behavior, so you ought not be so judgmental.

End of rant.
Old 04-23-2003, 03:03 PM   #56
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
You know Rob, you do make some valid points. I will give you that. But you should take out the last comment you made, it ruined anything I was taking away from the letter you wrote. It'd be like me saying, "Hey Rob, who proofed your work first, because you have fewer errors there."

In all honesty, what I can take from your writings and agree is this: If my child was at that concert and looked up to Scott so much, I'd be more ashamed. I'd be more upset. I don't think you can justify that to a child at a vulnerable age in any way. I do agree with our "defense mechanisms" as you say. I think you are right there. But, the wounds are healed for those devoted fans on this BB that were at that concert, and this makes us look at the situation again, open that sore back up for no benefit to ourselves.

Legally, as it has been said here before, an apology is not realistic. If Scott issued one, the lawsuit would fly, as I'm sure his attorneys advised him not to. And I don't doubt for one moment that he tossed that back and forth in his head for a loooonnng time. But in the end, it could've ultimately ruined his career. Sometimes doing the right thing means doing the wrong thing in others' eyes, which in this case to Scott meant following advice he was probably given to protect himself and those he loved. Think of this child too, Jagger, yeah, it would be great (realistically) to say, "My dad is the biggest, most honest man out there." But do you think that is what he would be given credit for? No, he would be ridiculed forever too as the "kid whose dad f&*$ed up the band Creed."

No one here is doubting he was at fault. I haven't seen that. They may be making excuses for his error, which in turn admits he WAS wrong. We just all want to get beyond this and want to see them return for us to view again. It is extemely doubtful that behavior will be repeated.

Truthfully, I don't want my money back, I want Creed back. Maybe that is selfish. But I'm not sorry for that. If I know of Scott the way I think I do, I think he really paid for this in his own mind over and over. Like you said, it will haunt him for a long time. In all honesty, I did want another show, not my money back. But there again, that brings up so many legal issues that could ultimately destroy the band, and to me personally (as I speak for many loyal fans I'm sure), it's not worth fighting for. Loyal fans probably will not join the suit. If it makes the not-so-loyal fans feel better to sue, let the courts decide. I still won't join in. I admit he WAS wrong, but I want him to be ok, not refund my money. Like I said, I believe he is paying for his mistake in more ways than we will ever know. He does know God and has probably fought the demons in his head from that standpoint as well.

You've voiced your opinions now. You aren't going to change anyone's mind here. So quit trying. You'll only fail. Find the BB you can relate to and be on your way.
Old 04-23-2003, 03:29 PM   #57
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I not only hope that these pricks don't get the money but I also hope that Creed sues them for causing them all this dang stress So called fans doing something this outrageous:madder: They can go back home and cry to their mommies
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 04-23-2003, 03:37 PM   #58
The Lithium
USER INFO »
I have never live in America so I haven't so mush to leave!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 04-23-2003, 03:43 PM   #59
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Ok, Sorry
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 04-23-2003, 04:20 PM   #60
shari
USER INFO »
If any of the band ever reads these posts: Know that we love and support you and look forward to seeing you live again. You're the best and we hope you continue to provide us with music to be fanatical about. CREED ROCKS MY WORLD!!