++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-26-2005, 10:35 AM   #31
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by NeedforCreed) Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) I MISS Stapp's voice too !!!!!

You could always just listen to Pearl Jam...

Seems like I might have heard that somewhere. All jokes aside, it would be interesting to hear Mark, Flip, and Brian jam with Eddie Vedder.

Yeah, and with arms wide open to Eddie...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 02-26-2005, 10:38 AM   #32
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Again!!!!!!!!!!! And you said to me once you weren't bashing Scott, and I believed it.!!!
It's funny, but I don't know why, I really don't hate U!!! No quite yet!!!!!

Hey come on, you gotta admit, they sound *really* similar. Not a bad thing, Vedder has a good voice.

Kinda like Myles Kennedy and Chris Cornell, although I think Myles is better than Chris is now. Chris voice in soundgarden didn't seem so... aged.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:42 AM   #33
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Hey come on, you gotta admit, they sound *really* similar. Not a bad thing, Vedder has a good voice.

Kinda like Myles Kennedy and Chris Cornell, although I think Myles is better than Chris is now. Chris voice in soundgarden didn't seem so... aged.

There are some similarities... , but Stapp's voice is ( ok,you don't agree, I know it! ) better ,much better!!!!!
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 02-26-2005 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:47 PM   #34
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Personally I like Stapp better than Vedder, you can call me biased but still...

Stapp may not be the most skilled singer (that's Myles Kennedy!) but he sings his heart out.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:58 PM   #35
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Stapp may not be the most skilled singer (that's Myles Kennedy!)...

????? I think not! (Myles is a skilled singer than Stapp) Stapp is skilled too.. Anyway, it is a matter of opinion... Ok?
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 02-28-2005, 08:33 AM   #36
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) ????? I think not! (Myles is a skilled singer than Stapp) Stapp is skilled too.. Anyway, it is a matter of opinion... Ok?

No, that's a fact.

When you have the chance to hear live versions of Creed, you'll see how Stapp struggles to hit higher notes. Not to mention his voice deteriorated since the Human Clay tour.

Myles has perfect control of his range.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:49 AM   #37
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: No, that's a fact.

When you have the chance to hear live versions of Creed, you'll see how Stapp struggles to hit higher notes. Not to mention his voice deteriorated since the Human Clay tour.
Marcos,
I don't think so! I don't agree with you... not this time,ok?
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 02-28-2005 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:57 AM   #38
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Marcos,

Don't mean to gang up on you but in this case, you are wrong. Which voice you LIKE better is a matter of opinion, but which one is more talented...

Not really a matter of opinion. Stapp could NEVER hit the notes that Myles can. That's alright. That doesn't make him a band singer. MOST singers can't hit the notes Myles can! And if you like Stapp's voice you like Stapp's voice. But Myles can just unleash these ridiculously long holds, than take them higher, hold it for a while, and than take them higher AGAIN. The guy is amazing. If you ever get around to buying One Day Remains, the first track (Find the Real) is a great example of Myles amazing talent power and range.

Now, none of this is saying Scott has a bad voice or anything. He has a dang good one (and I have come to appreciate good voices more as I realize how few there are in modern music). He just isn't Myles Kennedy. No one is. (except Chris Cornell. LOL!, jk)

P.S.(I hope this doesn't make me cease to be a cool guy?! lol)
Old 02-28-2005, 11:30 AM   #39
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Marcos,
Ana, you didn't hear the AB album yet. When you do, you'll notice it.

I'm not discussing who's voice we should like better... I'm just saying technically, Myles is better. And imo, in today's rock mainstream music, I dare to say he's the best.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:42 PM   #40
titan9
USER INFO »
I'll say this, both Myles and Scott are incredibly talented singers. Scott is a great lyricist, and Myles is a good guitarist from what I've heard.(and he writes good lyrics as well) I don't think I could pick between the two, as I like them both alot. Before I really started to appreciate Myles' voice, I probably would have said that I liked Stapp better. But, now I like them both equally.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 02-28-2005, 01:52 PM   #41
cariocawlad
USER INFO »
I think we loosing the focus...let's stay happy because we heard something good about Scott career. And for those who didn't listen One Day Remains yet, do it. Not because we had 3/4 of Creed there but cause it's a good music. Music Maded from the heart with high quality.

When Creed broke up I felt the same way. I was not interested for nothing related to AlterBridge. I'm a Stapp fan. How could I felt about listen another lead singer under Mark riffs? But I must say that they surpeised me and now I'm an Alter Bridge fan too. The Break did wonders for that guys and I think Scott will grow too. He will back over better.

Peace!

P.S.: Ana...você é brasileira também?!?

Down to My Last - Alter Bridge
Old 02-28-2005, 03:47 PM   #42
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by cariocawlad) I think we loosing the focus...let's stay happy because we heard something good about Scott career. And for those who didn't listen One Day Remains yet, do it. Not because we had 3/4 of Creed there but cause it's a good music. Music Maded from the heart with high quality.

When Creed broke up I felt the same way. I was not interested for nothing related to AlterBridge. I'm a Stapp fan. How could I felt about listen another lead singer under Mark riffs? But I must say that they surpeised me and now I'm an Alter Bridge fan too. The Break did wonders for that guys and I think Scott will grow too. He will back over better.

Peace!

P.S.: Ana...você é brasileira também?!?

Thats a very positive post......great!!!!!!!!

Eu seu mitade Portuguesa, Guri!!!!
Old 02-28-2005, 06:51 PM   #43
revisfoot
USER INFO »
I really can't wait to hear Scott's material. I do miss his voice quite a bit, and I always love that feeling of, "wow, I'm listening to brand new music!!"
Old 02-28-2005, 09:18 PM   #44
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Ana, you didn't hear the AB album yet. When you do, you'll notice it.

I'm not discussing who's voice we should like better... I'm just saying technically, Myles is better. And imo, in today's rock mainstream music, I dare to say he's the best.

Yep, I would agree. Definitely the best in mainstream music. And he can shred!!!! What a dude.

I'd even go so far as to say he's the best voice I have ever heard. I'm sure there are better people out there, but I haven't heard them yet.

But Scott still has a great voice.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:34 PM   #45
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
[
Quote: QUOTE=uncertaindrumer]Don't mean to gang up on you but in this case, you are wrong. Which voice you LIKE better is a matter of opinion, but which one is more talented...

Not really a matter of opinion. Stapp could NEVER hit the notes that Myles can. That's alright. That doesn't make him a band singer. MOST singers can't hit the notes Myles can! And if you like Stapp's voice you like Stapp's voice. But Myles can just unleash these ridiculously long holds, than take them higher, hold it for a while, and than take them higher AGAIN. The guy is amazing. If you ever get around to buying One Day Remains, the first track (Find the Real) is a great example of Myles amazing talent power and range.

Now, none of this is saying Scott has a bad voice or anything. He has a dang good one (and I have come to appreciate good voices more as I realize how few there are in modern music). He just isn't Myles Kennedy. No one is. (except Chris Cornell. LOL!, jk)

Oh, boy! I'm a little sick of it! I love Stapp, and you love Myles ... Ok? Anyway, I like Myles, he has a very good voice...

Quote: P.S.(I hope this doesn't make me cease to be a cool guy?!

No, it doesn't... You're still a cool guy...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 02-28-2005 at 09:36 PM.