++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 11:06 PM   #1
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Megalomaniac.....

I'm sure most of you have heard the new Incubus song, Megalomaniac. (Spelling????????) What do you think of the way that they expressed their feelings on presidend Bush, since that is what it was directed to, and do you agree on putting these feelings in a song? Does it bring you to like Incubus more, less, just the same, never have liked them, etc. And what do you think of in the video it's practicly saying he is like hitler? Atleast that is what I gather from it.........

The way I see it, a song is to put how you feel about anything into lyrics and then made into music. So, I see nothing wrong with putting this into a song. It's the way they feel. If I were Incubus, I would have just made a public apperance saying that I thought Bush was a megalomaniac, (which I don't beleive), instead of expressing this into a song. I think that I don't like Incubus as much because of this, but I still like the band fairly well. I don't like the video to it. Yeah, a lot of people don't like what Bush has done, I am not one of them. I beleive he handled 9/11, and everything else that has happened well. There has been a lot of lives lost, and probably more to come unfortunatly. I beleive that comparing Bush to Hitler is way off. Hitler was out to kill specific races, that was definently wrong. The way I see it, Bush is doing what he can to stop terrorism, in our country and others. Sadam, and his two sons beat people, raped women, killed women, and men, and they just liked to terrorize people. I think it's a good thing they are gone. I was watching some show a few weeks ago, and one of the sons threatened his 'friend' to go get a duck or bird out of a pond, he started shooting bullets real close to the dude until he went out to get it, and he was laughing while he was doing it. Gee, let's have all this sympathy for people that do these kind of things to other people. I know that's not very Christian of me, I shouldn't be that way, but, it is how I feel.......Now, I think I have somewhat, somehow strayed from my origional subject! Okay, what I am saying, is I think Bush is trying to prevent these things from happening. No offence to you democrats, but sometimes I think if Bush had done what you want right now, You'd be griping for him to do something else. I may be wrong, I may not, I am expressing how I feel on this subject, and hopefully no one will be offended by what I have said.
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 03-14-2004, 11:44 PM   #2
SleeplessAngel
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to SleeplessAngel Send a message via MSN to SleeplessAngel
I've never liked them. So it doesn't affect me either way...
Old 03-15-2004, 12:04 AM   #3
RMadd
USER INFO »
never been a big fan o' them... never paid much attention to the lyrics of those songs of theirs to which I've listened...

Old 03-15-2004, 04:09 AM   #4
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
the song sucks...the video sucks...the album sucks
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 03-15-2004, 09:56 AM   #5
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I like them, huge fan of Dirk Lance. I thought the song was cool when i first heard it on the radio. Now im disgusted by the video and I cant stand the song anymore.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:41 PM   #6
RMadd
USER INFO »
i've never seen the entire video, but am slightly creeped out by the clips of it i've seen

Old 03-15-2004, 01:50 PM   #7
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
I've never seen the video... what's it show?

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 03-15-2004, 05:30 PM   #8
CreedKevin397
USER INFO »
Ok, first of all let me say, that I am most likely the biggest Incubus fan here.

The song isnt all that special, but I really like the video. Let me say before I comment that I'm just stating my opinion, and as some of you can tell I don't post here anymore because I really can't stand the way some of you react to posts. Sometimes its really fucking immature. But heres my 2 cents, feel free to not read, just dont reply with some mindless assault on my opinion...

The song and the message of it is so much deeper than "bush sucks", atleast how I interpret it. The song has a spiritual sense to it. Just look at the second verse. "If i were you're appendages, I'd hold open your eyes so you would see that all of us are heaven sent. There was never meant to be only one." Now, is it just me, or does that sound like more than simple Bush bashing? I think the song is about how people can be so blind to the ways that people in power try to control the masses. I'm gonna keep a lot of my comments to myself, because I know i'm probably speaking to a more conservative christian audience, and in my life experiences I've noticed that they don't handle a difference in opinion well. Bush is one of the worst presidents we've ever had (keep in mind, my opinion). Him being a fucking Christian doesn't make him a good person. In fact, I think he uses it as leverage to win over Christian voters. Tell me, after 9/11, why the fuck did he go to Iraq? Terrorists are more located in Saudi Arabia, but of course you'd never hear that or much form of truth from his Administration. I think Bush went to Iraq to take out Saddam because of personal/family relationships, dating back to when his father was in office. And does anyone understand how many lives were lost because of him? Innocent Iraqi lives. These people have lived under a dictated government for so long, and sometimes I wonder if that is better than having Bush send an army over to destroy the city of Baghdad and kill innocents there. And besides the whole war issue, Bush fucked up with the deficit too. Also, am I the only one who has heard this fucking imbred talk? I remember him referring to the "Mexican" language. (No such thing, its called Spanish).

Anyway, musically, the song sounds harsh because it really hits that spot with the way I feel about people in power who want to control the masses. Megalomaniac is not just an opinionated assault on Bush, its about realizing that all of us are equal, and who the fuck is Bush to decide the worth of life? Because whether you want to accept it or not, thats what he is doing every day in Iraq. Funny how those WMD's never showed up either.

And by the way, I think the new Incubus album is really good. Those who are into their earlier stuff (SCIENCE, etc.) should check it out. Its kind of a mix of that and Morning View.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:16 PM   #9
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by CreedKevin397) The song and the message of it is so much deeper than "bush sucks", atleast how I interpret it. The song has a spiritual sense to it. Just look at the second verse. "If i were you're appendages, I'd hold open your eyes so you would see that all of us are heaven sent. There was never meant to be only one." Now, is it just me, or does that sound like more than simple Bush bashing?
In my opinion, it seems as though they're critical of Bush, who, to them, seems to think he's heaven-sent. It's their interpretation of his actions, and they're being critical of him, saying that he's no more special in God's eyes than the rest of us.
Quote: (Originally Posted by CreedKevin397) and in my life experiences I've noticed that they don't handle a difference in opinion well. Bush is one of the worst presidents we've ever had (keep in mind, my opinion). Him being a fucking Christian doesn't make him a good person.... Tell me, after 9/11, why the fuck did he go to Iraq?
I think you have have hit upon why your posts are not well-received, especially by us unsympathetic Christians... this cursing and blatant opinionation. It's one thing to have an opinion; it's another thing to be a complete jerk about it.

Quote: (Originally Posted by CreedKevin397) Terrorists are more located in Saudi Arabia, but of course you'd never hear that or much form of truth from his Administration.
Seeing as how this whole war on terror began roughly 18 months ago... and it's still ongoing, and requires the cooperation of the governments... Al Qaeda was based in Afghanistan; Saddam was a dictator who needed to be removed.
Quote: (Originally Posted by CreedKevin397) And does anyone understand how many lives were lost because of him? Innocent Iraqi lives.

Umm.... usually, deaths are involved in war... at least, that's what I remember from all the history classes I've taken. Do you think that, perhaps, if there were no dictators making claims of possessing nukes or terrorist organizations threatening the US w/ violence, that we'd need to worry about keeping tabs on 'em?
Quote: (Originally Posted by CreedKevin397) Also, am I the only one who has heard this fucking imbred talk?
???

also, interesting how your post about the song itself doesn't really get to the point 'til the end....

Old 03-15-2004, 06:57 PM   #10
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
I'm closing this thread because it's only going to lead to arguments and not a civil discussion.

CreedKevin, you can have an opinion and tell us about it on the board, however if you are going to give us your opinion in an obscene way, then take it elsewhere. You have been warned.

MULLET: Wait, just one more.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"

Last edited by Mulletman : 03-16-2004 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:46 AM   #11
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by CreedKevin397) I know i'm probably speaking to a more conservative christian audience, and in my life experiences I've noticed that they don't handle a difference in opinion well. Bush is one of the worst presidents we've ever had (keep in mind, my opinion). Him being a fucking Christian doesn't make him a good person.

Just because you're christian does not automatically make you a good person. Im christian, im conservative, and i know im not a good person. hell, im evil and proud of it.

Quote: (Originally Posted by CreedKevin397) Why the fuck did he go to Iraq? Terrorists are more located in Saudi Arabia, but of course you'd never hear that or much form of truth from his Administration.

Saddam was a threat, period. Saddam needed to go. Period. There are a lot of dangerous countries in that area, Iran, Syria and Lybia. Countries that pose a threat to that area and the free world. Countries that were scared shitless of looking at Saddam the wrong way. For the last time, Saddam needed to go, end of that.

Quote: (Originally Posted by CreedKevin397) I think Bush went to Iraq to take out Saddam because of personal/family relationships, dating back to when his father was in office.

Sigh. Cry me a river, build me a bridge and get the fuck over it.

Quote: (Originally Posted by CreedKevin397) And does anyone understand how many lives were lost because of him? Innocent Iraqi lives. These people have lived under a dictated government for so long, and sometimes I wonder if that is better than having Bush send an army over to destroy the city of Baghdad and kill innocents there.

President Clinton ordered the military to strike strategic targets near the end of his presidency. They hit a Chinese Embassy, a civilian bus, and a convent full of orphans. More civilians died there than during the entire war. These people attacking our boys out there are not Saddams men. Please tell me that you were atleast smart enough to realize that.

Quote: (Originally Posted by CreedKevin397) Also, am I the only one who has heard this fucking imbred talk? I remember him referring to the "Mexican" language. (No such thing, its called Spanish).

I am not even going to justify that faggot-ass remark with an answer.

I am done. YOU'RE done. This thread is done.
Closed Thread