++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 11:00 PM   #1
CreedKevin397
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I want to give some insight on this topic. I know this is kind of a controversial thing for me to say, but I'm going to anyway.

Drug users are not bad people. First let me tell you some things about myself, as a way to show you where I'm coming from. I'm not just someone preaching about something I don't know about. Well, I turned 16 in September, and I am a regular drug user. I've smoked weed almost every day for the past year and a half, and recently have gotten into Triple C pills, which makes you trip rather than just get stoned. Of course alcohol is also a part of a lot of teenagers lives, and I've had my fair share of nights I don't remember. So I know what it likes to live this life, and please don't respond by telling me I have a problem and shit like that - I don't need to hear it.

Anyway, Stapp isn't the bad guy here. Drugs are a persons way of dealing with things and whos problem is it besides their own? I am a generally happy person with so much compassion towards others. And I know Stapp is the same way. I love to make other people smile. Does that sound like a bad person to you? America has this misconceptions that drug users are evil people and need to be thrown into some rehab program where they are treated the same way. Addiction is a hard thing to live with, but so is a lot of other things. I know a lot of you are concerned about Stapp's well being, and Jaggers. But aside from using drugs, Scott is probably a very highly functional person, an obviously extremely talented artist, and a great father. We live in a country that portrays a certain image. Sometimes it seems as though it would be more acceptable to hurt someone else(physical abuse, cheating, lying, stealing, etc.) rather than to hurt yourself (drug abuse). Personally I dont think ANYONE should be looked down upon for using drugs. Look at some of the brilliant minds of the last century....Plant/Page, Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain...all drug users. All brilliant people who don't want to hurt anyone.

The only thing people are gonna do by putting pressure on Stapp for drug abuse is pushing him further down. I know that its not confirmed and everything that he has a substance abuse problem, but someone at Creedpit mentioned that a DJ's friend spent the weekend with Mark and Mark said Stapp had been doing drugs behind their backs......and I don't think I need to say it, but Chicago. So I'm thinking there is obviously something going on, and as well all know, he had done some heavy drugs in the past and openly addmited that (Behind the Music he said he did a lot of shrooms and acid and pot, etc.). It's not easy to just stop all of that immediately. I believe that Stapp is a drug user, but I definately don't hold it against him. He internalizes his pain rather than taking it out on others. Whos problem is that? No one but his own.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:09 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
It becomes other people's problem when it affects their lives. I have seen firsthand what addiction does to a family. So, it's not just the user's problem. I don't think drug users are bad people, never have. I just think it's an oversimplification to say they are just hurting themselves. They are hurting the people who love them and the people they work with.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:13 PM   #3
JenRN
USER INFO »
Well that is a lot of speculation now isn't it? No one really knows what is going on here. God knows he has had some difficult personal issues to deal with EVERYONE does. IF this is the case I hope he gets help, drugs are not the answer. But the fact remains we don't know the real issues and probably never will. As far as you are concerned, sorry to say it IS a problem you will realize that hopefully sooner than later!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-20-2003, 12:07 AM   #4
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: So I know what it likes to live this life, and please don't respond by telling me I have a problem and shit like that - I don't need to hear it.

First of all, you have a problem, and yes, you need to hear it. If you continue to use drugs after people tell you this, and you do not acknowledge it is a problem, then you do have a problem. I would advise you to seek some sort of counseling, whether it be a teacher, your parents, or a doctor/nurse.

Quote: Drugs are a persons way of dealing with things and whos problem is it besides their own?

Drugs are not a way to deal with things. That is why people who use drugs have a problem. They think that the drugs will solve their problems, and they won't.

Now finally, who said Scott Stapp abuses drugs? This is all speculation and rumors. Please don't post crap like this.

This thread is closed.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Closed Thread