++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-18-2003, 06:35 PM   #1
CreedKevin397
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
First of, maybe I'm not one to talk to here because most of you probably think I'm a Creed nay-sayer, with my negativity lately towards releases. But it was out of frustration, and now it all makes sense to me.

There must have been something going on when we hadn't heard any news about the band. But, you know, "bad" things are merely a perspective. This could be good...

Although Creed has meant a lot to us, good things can come from this. First of, the official Creed E-News said that the complitation CD with contain unreleased tracks and NEW creed songs. Thats definately something we've all been waiting for. And, even though they aren't Creed anymore, its apparent that the boys will still be making music. Mark, along with Flip, is gonna stick to his metal roots, which should be really cool. And Stapp is also pursuing a solo career, which to me is the biggest and best news out of this whole ordeal. I can't wait to hear what Stapp is gonna do with a fresh start. I'm hoping it will be more My Own Prison sounding/classic rock (Doors influence...). It should be really cool.

So, isn't all that better than sitting here waiting for Creed news? I would think so.

So i'd like to apologize for all my pesimism, but I think we should all take the optimistic approach to things. And remember, we have three albums full of stuff from these guys that can't be taken away from us.

-Kevin
Old 11-18-2003, 06:39 PM   #2
tru2mine
USER INFO »
heres me being optimistic. im pretty sure they are parting ways which in my opinion completely sucks but i think things will straighten out when they all realize that its not the same without each other. No matter what they do on there own its not gonna be creed and there gonna realize that.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:42 PM   #3
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Ya! Your right Kev
Wether they are together or solo Creed will still be making great music, it will just involve more concerts to se the 3 of themi I just wish that I could have gotten to see them before this!

Thats the thing with bands, there are no guarantees that they will stay together I just hope they keep up the rock in whatever they do!
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 11-18-2003, 06:45 PM   #4
CreedKevin397
USER INFO »
yup, and whos to say that a Creed reunion tour couldnt happen? I know this is a little far-fetched, considering we dont even have any official word on the break up, lol, but just dont let it get you down guys.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:52 PM   #5
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
Lets look on the positive side. We have 3 cds not just 1 to look forward to in 2004!
Old 11-18-2003, 09:09 PM   #6
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
OR they could go on the Blink 182 way:

Main band (blink) along solo projects (box car racer) at the same time.

I hope tru2mine is right, but I hope it doesn't take long.

Human pride sucks...

and CreedKevin, yes, I see your point. But nothing will they do will top Creed, and what they meant for most of us. It's pure chemestry, it can look like the same, but it's not. It just won't have the same taste.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:20 PM   #7
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Lots of bands go on their seperate ways to do solo projects...and then reunite to do the band thing again. So who knows whats up. Maybe they got together to write some new stuff and discovered that they just weren't on the same page with each other...so they decided to take a break. None of this has to be bad. So, let's just wait for the releases and see what happens.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 11-18-2003, 09:22 PM   #8
Agent D
USER INFO »
That fills me with hope. Thanks, njcreedite.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:25 PM   #9
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
they're like water: H2O

you can't make water with only 2 H or one H and an O... it HAS to be 2 Hs and an O.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:38 PM   #10
njcreedite
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Agent D+11-18-2003 09:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agent D @ 11-18-2003 09:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> That fills me with hope. Thanks, njcreedite. [/b][/quote]
No problem Agent D.....just seen to many other bands do the same thing...and still get together again as a whole. ( Pearl Jam is just one example...of many)
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 11-18-2003, 09:59 PM   #11
CreedKevin397
USER INFO »
please don't compare Creed or its members to that of Blink 182. They are the most talentless fucks in the world, I hate punk. haha sorry, but so many kids at my school like them, they are so gay.

I know what you guys are saying about chemistry, but ya know, i'm just trying to look on the bright side here...its not like they are all disappearing from the face of the earth.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:02 PM   #12
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I didn't compare them to blink! lol! I just said they could do the same thing blink did.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:12 PM   #13
hide
USER INFO »
It still doesn't add up, surely it it was true there would some official news! Our source is someone who is okay apparently reliable but isn't connected to the band in any sort of way.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:04 PM   #14
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I'm sorry ... I know you're all saying this person is a reliable source... but who is she and how do we know she is reliable? I'm not saying she's not ... because I don't know. I'd just really like to know who knows her and why we should believe she's a credible source.

I just don't understand why something that is supposedly "not yet for public knowledge" would be told ... by a band member ... to a fan at a "meet and greet".

Doesn't that seem a bit far fetched?? Why on earth would Mark tell a perfect stranger this news and ask her to keep quiet about it? So he would just tell a perfect stranger this "secret news"??? It just doesn't make sense to me.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:09 PM   #15
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I've been told this person has met Mark on numerous occasions, so apparently he felt he could trust her with it. Funny, huh?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.