++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-06-2003, 09:54 PM   #31
hide
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
yeah that is true i don't really mind if he goes into acting or not but i think this site is related to producing, managing and the like.
Old 11-06-2003, 09:55 PM   #32
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
Well hell, I'm not telling Scott what to do with his life. If he wants to act then let him!

I'm sure he could do a few films and still keep up with the band. Though I've seen musicians go down the wrong path with acting, and I'm not going to act like everything Scott does is perfect. :P
The less I find that I understand" ~ Porcupine Tree

http://www.last.fm/user/SmilinSkullRing/
Old 11-06-2003, 09:56 PM   #33
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
Hmm, I'm going to go take a good look at the site again.

Oh wait, I can't because my computer is waaaaay too slow tonight.
The less I find that I understand" ~ Porcupine Tree

http://www.last.fm/user/SmilinSkullRing/
Old 11-06-2003, 10:09 PM   #34
DSDTonya
USER INFO »
Quote: we're just discussing whether or not we THINK its a GOOD idea.

Yes!!!!! I definitely wasnt saying what I think he 'should' or shouldnt do-just my opinion on it and how I would feel about it 'if' this was the goal he was aiming towards.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:42 PM   #35
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I think we'll just have to wait and see ... since we really have no idea what this site is all about.

Anyway ... I don't think there's anything wrong with him wanting to pursue other avenues. It doesn't have to mean that he's giving up on Creed.

BTW -- What's wrong with Jon Bon Jovi? So he got into acting ... it didn't hurt his singing career. They were just on tour and have just as many fans as they did before.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:43 PM   #36
Sheila63
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Jez+11-06-2003 09:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jez @ 11-06-2003 09:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Quote: After all, no one even knows what the company is yet
Exactly.
Right now, all this is is a web page...a domain name that has been purchased (and a nice graphic...lol).
Actually, mriamboring, I agree with everything you said. Who are we to say what Scott should or should not do? This guy has been an entertainer all of his life....it's natural for him to feel the urge to expand his horizons a little bit.

I see good things ahead.... [/b][/quote]
I agree, Stace and creedlvr, you're right, Jon Bon Jovi's singing career wasn't hurt or jeopardized by his doing other things.

Relearn Love
Old 11-07-2003, 09:57 PM   #37
JenRN
USER INFO »
Hey I just look at it as more ways to see him! If it makes him happy then go for it!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-07-2003, 11:20 PM   #38
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Exactly, Jen! He's already got a "commanding stage presence". I actually think he'd be good at the acting thing. Just look at all the feeling he puts into all his songs; he could just stand there and sing them, but he doesn't, he puts everything into every note and every word! I say he should go for it if that would make him happy, and of course, if it doesn't mean taking anything away from Creed.

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 11-08-2003, 12:30 AM   #39
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Is there more than just thatone page? Is it really Creed's Scott Stapp or another Scott Stapp?

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 11-08-2003, 02:08 AM   #40
Jez
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Higher_Desire+11-07-2003 09:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Higher_Desire @ 11-07-2003 09:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Is there more than just thatone page? Is it really Creed's Scott Stapp or another Scott Stapp?

H-D [/b][/quote]
Since Dan Tremonti apparently designed the logo for the site, I'd say that this safe to assume that this site does in fact belong to our boy. There's just the one page right now. We'll have to stay tuned for further developments.

Hi Sheila

Creed~~Bullets
Old 11-08-2003, 01:11 PM   #41
Sheila63
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Kim V.+11-07-2003 11:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kim V. @ 11-07-2003 11:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Exactly, Jen! He's already got a "commanding stage presence". I actually think he'd be good at the acting thing. Just look at all the feeling he puts into all his songs; he could just stand there and sing them, but he doesn't, he puts everything into every note and every word! I say he should go for it if that would make him happy, and of course, if it doesn't mean taking anything away from Creed. [/b][/quote]
I was thinking the exact same thing, Kim. With all of that emotion, I think he'd be a great actor. Just my

Hi, Stace.

Relearn Love
Old 11-08-2003, 05:51 PM   #42
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Hi Jen, Sheila and everyone....WOW,. I've been off line for a little bit and look at all the stuff I've missed.
Hey, what ever makes the guy happy. That's all I've got to add.

We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 11-08-2003, 06:35 PM   #43
mamm1234
USER INFO »
I'd really like Creed to get their act together and I would think Scott needs to put all his energies into it if that were to happen.

Pearl Jam has already released DVDs from their tour this year and now Springsteen is coming out with one.

I think Creed fans just want some of the same. and if you can do all these things at once, all the power to him.
But if he can't and if Creed is staying together, then imo, a lot of attention needs to be given to the band and things like getting out a DVD and creedink etc.

Even before the end of the tour, they were playing in half empty arenas (I know from being there) and even Philly wasn't sold out.

It takes a lot of work to maintain a great relationship with your fans and to develop a solid and big fan base. Creed could learn something from other bands that have great allegience to thir fans and who are always giving something back.

I love these guys and their music so much and I'm just praying they get it together and get over this hurdle. I don't know, it just seemed to me that Scott branching out (or moving out) in a different direction didn't bode well for the band but hopefully I'm wrong.

Just my opinion though.
Old 11-08-2003, 08:01 PM   #44
CreedKevin397
USER INFO »
Honestly, it doesn't matter to me what Stapp does. However, I hope he realizes what he's doing to his fan base. I think some of you might take my side on this. I think that Creed, given their size and popularity, have probably the single worst fan club/program of any band. Seriously, think of someone with Creed's popularity who has a worse connection with their fans. I mean, since Weathered was released we havent had much interaction with the band at all. No behind the scenes info, no new material, no promised DVD, nothing. To be perfectly honest with you, Stapp comes off as a selfish fuck, whether he realizes it or not. Acting would just to that image because its more neglection towards Creeds fan, unless they plan to do something about that (i'm highly doubting it). I guess I just wish they would put some effort into giving us fans something new because we are very loyale to them, and the band really isn't to us. I'm trying not to single out Stapp and refer to the band, but Tremonti is actually very nice towards the fans and I think if it was up to him he would release some shit and be cool about it..and Flip, well you know, he isnt much for the limelight. I just think Creed isn't gonna last much longer because even as a really big fan, I feel like they could care less about us, ya know? When the new album comes out that will be about 3 years without any new material and really not much communication towards us in an overall sense. All of you who want to argue that he makes a great connection with the fans live, dont even argue with me, because thats not what i mean. i mean that they dont give us anything as fans but an occasional album and a good live show, which has had its ups and downs as well.

So, if he wants to act and more farther away from the fans, then whatever. We'll see where that takes Creed. Personally I feel they need to make a way better connection with us. They would so much more fans and they are probably losing many; I know i'm growing pretty frustrated with it.
Old 11-08-2003, 08:24 PM   #45
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I will agree with you that the fan club isn't much to write home about. As njcreedite has said many times, they could learn from Metallica's Met Club...I think part of their problem is that things happened so fast for them and the business end hasn't caught up. They have enough coin now to hire people who can do the job right. Metallica admit they don't make any money off their awesome magazine, So What, but they do it because of the fans. They have gone years without new stuff (look how long before St. Anger), but they kept their fans' interest with the cool club, DVDs, the magazine, etc. Plus, they do way cool meet and greets from what I hear and read. Pearl Jam also do a great job with their fans. They have always given a sh*t, way back to the days when they tried to take on Ticketmaster. It was a noble effort and it sent a message to their fans that they gave a crap about them. Really, when it comes right down to it, bands don't owe us anything but the music and maybe a good show for a ticket we paid for, but it would be nice to see them a little more organized with CreedInk and the like. That mag doesn't compare at all to Metallica's...Also, presales on shows would be wicked awesome. That's usually my main motivation for joining a fan club, to get a shot at choice seats.

I seriously don't understand the reason the delay in the DVD. And if they weren't going to put one out, they shouldn't have bothered telling us until they were sure they could/would.