++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Waxing Poetica
Today's Posts «

Old 06-11-2005, 09:38 PM   #46
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
No hard feelings. I enjoy your posts, like you and just wanted to clarify what I meant by my post. I think I came off the wrong way in that first post, so I felt I had to clarify it.

Of course we're all anticipating Stapp's new CD. Some of us are getting impatient and tired of waiting. That's only natural. I want this CD out right now as badly as everyone else. But I know that if the extra time is being spent ensuring that this is going to be a quality first CD, then that extra time is well worth the wait. I'm a Stapp fan like you. At times I have gotten frustrated with all of the delays/uncertainties involved with this CD. But I'm trying to remain patient and positive. That's really all I, as a fan, can do. Am I disappointed that it has taken this long? Of course. But hopefully the CD is worth the time it has taken to create.

I like Uncertain as well. He's a good guy and we share quite a few things in common(especially the sports teams that we like and even some of the bands we like). I value his opinion and I agree with him the vast majority of the time. I'd never bash him or belittle his opinions.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 06-11-2005, 10:03 PM   #47
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) No hard feelings. I enjoy your posts, like you and just wanted to clarify what I meant by my post. I think I came off the wrong way in that first post, so I felt I had to clarify it.

Of course we're all anticipating Stapp's new CD. Some of us are getting impatient and tired of waiting. That's only natural. I want this CD out right now as badly as everyone else. But I know that if the extra time is being spent ensuring that this is going to be a quality first CD, then that extra time is well worth the wait. I'm a Stapp fan like you. At times I have gotten frustrated with all of the delays/uncertainties involved with this CD. But I'm trying to remain patient and positive. That's really all I, as a fan, can do. Am I disappointed that it has taken this long? Of course. But hopefully the CD is worth the time it has taken to create.

I like Uncertain as well. He's a good guy and we share quite a few things in common(especially the sports teams that we like and even some of the bands we like). I value his opinion and I agree with him the vast majority of the time. I'd never bash him or belittle his opinions.

No need sorry, Titan , you are one of the best here. Of couse you didnt bash uncertain or anyone here, by the way you are always been kind and polite in your posts.

I'm very impatient too! I came to CreedFeed to get news about Stapp, you know ? And what we have ? Just a few news by PBF. His official site gives us nothing. Relearn Love is the only thing released , and I have to admit that it was very poor las a single. We know he can do better.

PS: Oh yeah, Uncertain is a good guy...I think...lol
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 06-12-2005, 07:42 AM   #48
MissSeeker
USER INFO »
I agree with Titan9. It's only natural that people have different opinions. None should enforce his/her opinion on somebody else. We can only accept that we disagree.

"...in the frozen night I prayed, for a touch of warmth so long delayed...
Old 06-12-2005, 11:32 AM   #49
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Of course, this is a message board, so : Everyone here has the right to express opinions!
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 06-12-2005, 12:04 PM   #50
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) I remember reading this on several websites. Scott wrote almost all the lyrics. I can't remember the exact links.
Yeah, but I actually link the interviews, you don't. You just say what you remember I say what has been said!

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) I think you should be a lilttle less agressive. You have the right to your opinion, I have the right to mine. Obviously you're one of those people that go with the flow. Alter Bridge is popular at the moment, so you have to diss Scott for not being in it even though you enjoyed him for years. A band is nothing without a good frontman and Scott did his job pretty damn good.
Okay, enough's enough, alright? I ain't going with the flow! As I said in my first post "I am still a Stapp fan. And I am looking forward to his solo album." But the fact that he has done some pretty stupid things makes me doubt in his personality.

And thank everyone who has backed me up on this!

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) By the way, I do like Alter Bridge a lot, but in my opinion Creed is a level higher thanks to Scott's amazing abilty to touch people with his voice. I also like the way he acts in the video's, very convincing.
There you go!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 06-12-2005, 12:04 PM   #51
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Uncertain, I have to agree with you that Myles is the more talented musician of the two and that Myles does have great range and is, in my opinion, a great lead singer. BUT, MissSeeker DOES have a right to not like Myles and to prefer Stapp. She also has a right to say that Myles isn't a great lead singer and that Alter Bridge lacks a great lead man. It's totally her opinion and no matter how much you tell her she's wrong, no matter how unoriginal you say Stapp is, no matter how much you think Stapp sucks at guitar playing(but don't we all when we first begin to play it? It's a whole heckuva lot harder than it looks; I can attest to that), it won't change her opinion. It is really useless, imho, to really debate that with MissSeeker. It's really useless to say how inadequate you think Stapp is in comparison to Myles.

I agree she has a right to her opinion, but saying Myles is a bad singer is not really an opinion. It is just silly. Amazingly, there ARE standards by which we judge musical prowess. We all agree an orchestra sounds better than a 3 year old banging on a trash can, and yet no one would claim "Well thats your opinion" if you said otherwise. Myles is a better technical singer than Scott. THERE IS NO QUESTION THERE. Sure ,you can LIKE Stapp more, but Stapp DOES sound like every other modern rock singer out there. And Eddie Vedder, lol

Quote: I'm a big fan of the both of them, so I've always TRIED to stay unbiased. Both of them have qualities, AS MUSICIANS, that I really like. Stapp has great stage presence(Myles does as well), lyrics that I can very much relate to(and lyrics that have inspired me to write songs) and a smooth voice(that doesn't irritate me like most modern Rock singers today do). Myles has INCREDIBLE range(no one can deny that), great stage presence, good lyrical ability(I love the stuff he did in MF4) and is a very talented all-around musician(can write lyrics, sing and hold incredible notes, play guitar and compose the music for songs). I can't really compare the two guys as human beings(i.e. outside of music) because I don't know them. That is why you never see me talking about how much of a supposed jerk Stapp is. I just can't judge the guy like that.

Stapp is a jerk. lol ,jk

Quote: Everything that MissSeeker says is in her opinion. Whether you agree with it or not, please TRY to respect her opinion, no matter how outlandish it may seem to you. These are great forums, one of the best on the net, but I've noticed a lot of Stapp related arguments that could easily be prevented by doing one simple thing: respecting a person's opinion. That is why I've tried to stay away from the fights and have tried to remain unbiased, not taking anyone's "side".

I respect her opinion, I jsut disagree with it so of course I am going to let everyone know. And also, my psot WAS meant to be a bit humorous.

Either way, Stapp arguments really aren't the devil as far as I'm concerned. I like arguing. I guess maybe I am just weird.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:05 PM   #52
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp)
PS: Oh yeah, Uncertain is a good guy...I think...lol

No one is really sure
Old 06-12-2005, 12:57 PM   #53
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) No one is really sure
Oh, c'mon...lol
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 06-13-2005 at 11:24 PM.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:49 AM   #54
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Hahaha... Well, this is getting pretty much out of control! I mean, I don't hate Stapp, I never said I did and MissSeeker never said she hated Mark. I mean, she has his lyrics as her siggy. "Peace is what they tell me, love am I unholy". (Mark wrote Torn, the chourse to My Own Prision and the chourse to My Sacrifice and he co-wrote What's This Life For with Scott. And a little bit on Hide, that's what we know. But Michael Tremonti, (Mark's bro), said that Creed fans should be surprised by how many lyrics Mark actually wrote for the band).

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 06-14-2005, 07:07 AM   #55
MissSeeker
USER INFO »
Actually I was kidding when I said Myles is a bad singer. The guy is an amazing singer, it's just that I enjoy Scott's voice more. I also think that Scott sings better than Eddie Vedder. He is like an improved version of him.

By the way, I read on a website (I can't remember which one) that Scott wrote the "peace is what they tell me.." part of Torn and Tremonti wrote the "Torn I am filthy..."

And don't think I hate Mark, I am a big fan of him too, I think he's the best guitar player in the world, it's just that I'm dissapointed he left Stapp because he had so many problems. They were such a great team.

I'm surprised that so many ex-fans have so little understanding for Scott. He is only human. He's been having health problems for years which had an impact on his voice too. It's like "Oh if I didn't give it all, when I stood you made me crawl..."

"...in the frozen night I prayed, for a touch of warmth so long delayed...
Old 06-16-2005, 11:43 AM   #56
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) Actually I was kidding when I said Myles is a bad singer. The guy is an amazing singer, it's just that I enjoy Scott's voice more. I also think that Scott sings better than Eddie Vedder. He is like an improved version of him.
Yeah, I agree totally! Stapp rocks Vedder. And it's hard for me to choice between Myles and Stapp. But at the moment it's all Myles, since he's more "active" and I've met him twice, and man... He is NICE.

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) By the way, I read on a website (I can't remember which one) that Scott wrote the "peace is what they tell me.." part of Torn and Tremonti wrote the "Torn I am filthy..."
Yeah, you're problably right. I don't really know.

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) And don't think I hate Mark, I am a big fan of him too, I think he's the best guitar player in the world, it's just that I'm dissapointed he left Stapp because he had so many problems. They were such a great team.
Yeah, but Mark and Myles is also a great team. And I think there was a reason Mark and the band left Stapp. I mean, otherwise they wouldn't have.

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) I'm surprised that so many ex-fans have so little understanding for Scott. He is only human. He's been having health problems for years which had an impact on his voice too. It's like "Oh if I didn't give it all, when I stood you made me crawl..."
Yeah you know, many Creed fans loved Mark, Flip and Brian, but really disliked Stapp. They claimed he had a big ego. Actually a friend of mine, Axlar, (Stijn), got kicked out of the CreedPit when he said that Creed should kick Stapp out and bring Brian back and start over with another singer. That upset people so bad he got banned. And well, now we're there! Alter Bridge!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor