++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 12-18-2003, 09:32 PM   #16
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Whitebird, you got it. You are an amazing person. I have to confess that anger would be among the emotions I would be feeling under such circumstances. We need more people like you!
Old 12-18-2003, 09:42 PM   #17
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird) It has been a rough week for my family, and loved one.

I have however never felt anger for what has happened. Perhaps people would consider this unusual, but I can't find it in my heart to hate. The young people that have been involved in this, have been lead in a direction that has hurt many, including their own families. I have felt sadness, dismay, and fear. We are working to solve this situation, and are seeking the best route for each of the young people involved. Please help me to give open honest love and support, to help the situation.

Peace (And I Really, Really Mean It!!!!!!)

I agree with Dogstar. You're a remarkable person, whitebird. I hope the young people that did this to your loved one get the help they need. I wish you all of the best in dealing with this situation.

Peace to you as well!!!

Relearn Love
Old 12-18-2003, 09:50 PM   #18
whitebird
USER INFO »
Hi Dogstar, thank you!!! I have learned so very much over the years, hate being a very negative emotion to hold within my heart.

If I can make a difference in this world, I truly need to try. For myself, my family and the community, which now extends to each of you through the internet, I am honestly trying to make a difference. Please help me!
Old 12-18-2003, 10:13 PM   #19
whitebird
USER INFO »
Hi Sheila63!

I don't feel special. Sometimes I feel that I have gone thru more learning experiences than 10 other people, and I ask why.

But if what I have learned, can be used to help someone else, than I can rationalize my purpose in this world. Right now, I am trying really, really hard, and I'm not sure what the outcome will be.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:58 PM   #20
JenRN
USER INFO »
Whitebird you are special.....Your strong faith and kind words amaze me, you are so unique. I am glad to have you on here

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 12-19-2003, 09:56 AM   #21
marlsy
USER INFO »
I agree with Jen Whitebird, you are so special, I can tell that by your beautiful words you always have for other people. You truly are a unique and a special soul!!
Old 12-19-2003, 09:28 PM   #22
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird)
I don't feel special. Sometimes I feel that I have gone thru more learning experiences than 10 other people, and I ask why.

But if what I have learned, can be used to help someone else, than I can rationalize my purpose in this world. Right now, I am trying really, really hard, and I'm not sure what the outcome will be.

There have been times in my life where I've had my share of learning experiences as well. Although times like that are difficult, I have discovered that it's during those times that I grow the most and learn more about myself and life as a whole. But you're right, there are times when you say, "Enough already!" and you don't want to learn anything new for awhile. You and your loved one will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Remember that we're here for you and we care about you.

Relearn Love

Last edited by Sheila63 : 12-19-2003 at 09:32 PM.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:10 PM   #23
whitebird
USER INFO »
Hi Sheila63, yes I'm at that "Enough Already" stage. I would like a break for the holidays.

This is a point for the kids involved to decide which path they are going to take. They can treat it as a huge learning experience and grow, or they can continue on the path of anger, violence and self destruction. I just pray that no one else gets hurt by them.

Each of us make choices in life, it sounds like you are a person that has made many strides in your spiritual growth. And your right it doesn't come easily.

Thank you, to you and everyone else here that has given me love and support. It means so very much to me.

Last edited by whitebird : 12-19-2003 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-20-2003, 08:11 AM   #24
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
whitebird I hope all is well wtih your loved one! I was told once that God gives it to the people he thinks are stronger enough to handle such situations! Believe me has dealt me quite a hand as of late and I too am in the "Enough Already" stage! But as Sheila said it has been a growing experience for me! It has made me a stronger person and has shown me that no matter what life gives you, if you choose to you can get through it! You can either sit around and cry about! Or you can get up and say I will get through another day! Luckily, Steve is doing well but there are still issues we have but I got through another day! I'm glad you feel peace again especially with the holiday season coming! to you! Sending more prayers your way!

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 12-20-2003, 06:29 PM   #25
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird) Each of us make choices in life, it sounds like you are a person that has made many strides in your spiritual growth. And your right it doesn't come easily.

Thank you, to you and everyone else here that has given me love and support. It means so very much to me.

You're welcome, whitebird. Thank you for your kind words. My spirituality and faith have helped see me through many situations in life. It's something I'm very grateful to have and I hope it continues to grow.

Relearn Love
Old 12-20-2003, 08:40 PM   #26
whitebird
USER INFO »
I'm not going to cry anymore!!! Perhaps I can however tell you some of things that we have experienced. Premeditated assault, alliances, betrayal of friendships, theft, and threats.

Sadly it has reminded my of the reality shows that are on TV right now. Anything for money and power. The person that is the most devious and cruel, and can manipulate other people, doing whatever it takes, wins. There seem to be no values in some of the people involved. Betrayal and cruelty is a game to be played, no matter who gets hurt or used to achieve the desired goal.

When I was in school studying history, we learned about the Roman Coliseum. We learned about the horrors that occured there for entertainment. People pitted against animals to the death. People pitted against each other to the death, or the thumbs up, or thumbs down of the croud, deciding the fate of the gladiators. We could never understand how this could have happened in history. Cruelty for entertainment, was a shocking concept.

Now I see these shows entering our homes on the TV's, depicting situations and personalities, that have been hand picked to give the most shock value. They are called "Reality Shows". I never considered them to be a part of my "Reality", but now I have sadly been shown, that these warped values and personality traits exist in people that have touched our personal lives. As an adult, I have considered that these shows would have no effect on me, as my judgement and values are established. I truly worry about the children who may watch by our sides. Seeing the people who are considered the "winners" as cruel, lying and manipulitive. Traits accepted, and encouraged on these shows, to play the game well.

Well, reality really showed itself in an ugly way in our lives, and I won't ever accept those shows as entertainment again. How far will they continue to go, and are we not now the spectators in the Coliseum?

I know that many of us watch these shows, and I am not judging anyone. I am simply saying that perhaps we should stop and consider the effect, and loss of sensitivity our children may experience, watching week after week.

It's OK if you don't agree with my words. Just stop and think for a moment, it's all I ask.

I pray that nothing like this ever happens to any of you, or your loved ones.

I have had a huge reality check in my life.
Old 12-20-2003, 08:48 PM   #27
JenRN
USER INFO »
Whitebird..... you are saying eveything I feel as well about those shows. I hate "reality" shows, you are so right they are terrible and taint people's brains with hate and greed. I don't watch any of them for that reason. I also hate soap operas.... talk about trash! I am so sorry that you are going trough times like this, it ALWAYS happens to the good ones like you. I wish we could go out and have a great conversation together over a good meal. I am so glad to have you here, you are so wise. Hang in there things must get better, this I tell myself as well.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 12-20-2003, 09:04 PM   #28
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I don't like those shows either

Whitebird,
I would also agree with everyone else that you are truely an amazing person! The world needs more people like you It would really cut the negativity out of the world, thats for sure Its an honor having you here and I feel privileged knowing you!
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 12-20-2003, 09:40 PM   #29
whitebird
USER INFO »
OK, I just sent a reply to both Jen and Julie. When I received it on my AOL, I sent the reply through AOL. It doesn't show up on here, and I thought it would.

Did either or you receive your reply? Or did I do something wrong? I have never sent it that way before.
Old 12-20-2003, 10:17 PM   #30
whitebird
USER INFO »
Steve kindly let me know that I had made a mistake in trying to send my replies through AOL, I thought it might work.

To JenRN- Thanks Jen, I know things will get better, and there is never a pleasant time to go through these kinds of situations.

It also seems like Christmas time for several of us on the board, may not be quite as we would have expected. What I think is so very special, is that each of us has supported each other.

If you are ever in Minnesota, I would love to have lunch with you!

Thanks again, you have my love.