++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 10-12-2004, 11:44 PM   #16
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) the military is "vuluntary" but not everyone who joins is educated on exactly what is going to happen when they get there (thats why most of them break down) plus many of the military folks just can afford or dont have the education for a real job so they take it as a last resort, hoping the government is being hoinest when they say its a great way to see the world experiance bla bla bla.
Where the hell do you get your information? Do you just make this stuff up as you go along?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-13-2004, 12:56 AM   #17
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) the military is "vuluntary" but not everyone who joins is educated on exactly what is going to happen when they get there (thats why most of them break down) plus many of the military folks just can afford or dont have the education for a real job so they take it as a last resort, hoping the government is being hoinest when they say its a great way to see the world experiance bla bla bla. Not mentioning the horrors and mental rapeage of real warfair.
so it's the government's fault when soldiers can't handle stressful situations. i've got friends who've been to iraq, and they say there's no possible way you can train to get yourself 100% ready for what it'll be like over there.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) You belive the movie is not true? then prove it, because its a labeled DOCUMENTARY, and at the end there are a list of over TEN RESEARCHERS, im sure its hard to research made up things, considering if you look at actual facts (like presedential vacations, what its really like in iraq, and the oil issue meetings with big buisness's EXC) its all 100% true and actually happened.
seriously, you're really delusional. if you believe every damn thing moore has to say in this film (or in general, as a good rule of thumb), move to france. canada's just not liberal enough for ya.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) AKA , there was no acting in that movie, all the interviews and iraq footage of the happy people saying there was no problem, and USA getting binladen family out as soon as possible due to the fact that they gave the states huge money.
no acting, but excellent editing by his team to make stuff say what he wants. like on letterman, when they take video footage of bush and kerry's various speeches, throw a few clips around, and make 'em appear to say something absolutely absurd.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) Stop kidding yourself thats its all made up and realize that your government is fucked
just as long as we're never france or canada

Old 10-13-2004, 12:57 AM   #18
RMadd
USER INFO »
hell, his title's not even fucking original. stole it from ray bradbury. perhaps when trying to evoke a memory/thought of something else for the general public, one should use something a little more familiar to the general public. guarantee most people haven't heard of fahrenheit 451, let alone of bradbury.

Old 10-13-2004, 01:01 AM   #19
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
I refuse to watch Fereinheit 9/11. Or any Michael Moore film for that matter. I watched Bowling For Columbine once, and it royally sucked! He made the Columbine school shootings look like K-Mart's fault! The guy is a biased, egotistical jerk. Moore is a liberal doushe.

Sure hindsight is 20/20, and we can see now what maybe should have been done, but as my friend Nathan's mom says, "You did the best you could with what you had at the time." If people would spend more time focusing on the here and now and what needs to be done, as opposed to what [i]should have[i] been done, this whole thing would go a lot smoother.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 10-13-2004, 03:24 AM   #20
heinzel
USER INFO »
he mulletman, how can you as a bush supporter talk about ethics? Bush doesn't even know how to spel ethics.

Weither the movie is true or false. It's just the same thing as the republicans do against their opponents.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:08 AM   #21
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
And it's the same thing the Democrats do against the Republicans? What does that matter? We're not debating the fact that Moore can or cannot make the movie he wants. I think what people are saying is that you should not take the film for ABSOLUTE TRUTH as some do.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 10-13-2004, 05:55 AM   #22
heinzel
USER INFO »
True, But still then, Bush made mistakes, started a war, killed innocent people. something Kerr ydid not do.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:58 AM   #23
heinzel
USER INFO »
you know what's funny. all you republicans say stuff about moore, about kerry. But in american politics they always say bad things about the enemy. Politicians should talk about their own Issues, not about the things that the other one should do, or did not do.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:25 AM   #24
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by heinzel) True, But still then, Bush made mistakes, started a war, killed innocent people. something Kerr ydid not do.
unless you count the fact that he voted to go to war, given the same intelligence bush saw.... (i won't go into the fact that JFK II then backed off and said it was a bad idea before, again, saying he would have)

Old 10-13-2004, 10:26 AM   #25
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by heinzel) you know what's funny. all you republicans say stuff about moore, about kerry. But in american politics they always say bad things about the enemy. Politicians should talk about their own Issues, not about the things that the other one should do, or did not do.
are you saying that it's only republicans at fault for criticizing other views??????

Old 10-13-2004, 10:49 AM   #26
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by heinzel) True, But still then, Bush made mistakes, started a war, killed innocent people. something Kerr ydid not do.

You need to pay attention to the news a bit better. John Kerry voted for the war himself. So if the President made a mistake, so did Kerry. He saw all the same intelligence the President did. They saw the same intelligence that the British and Russians saw. They all agreed that Iraq was an imminent threat.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"