++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 05-02-2004, 12:40 PM   #16
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) I'm trying to download Avril's Don't Tell Me, but all files I d/led so far on Kazaa are corrupted (7 already... )

I wish I had access to videopimp site as well, so I could d/l Seether video with Amy Hot Lee!
Kazaa Ressurection. its kazaa lite brought back to life. or if you still use the regular Kazaa download a free file called Diet K. its removed all the spyware and apps.
Old 05-02-2004, 01:40 PM   #17
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
huh? I use Kazaa lite... if that's what you asked.
Old 05-02-2004, 01:58 PM   #18
Shadow
USER INFO »
I just downloaded an old "Downtime" clip that was originally on the Creed Pager (I think). I don't know I haven't watched it yet.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:39 PM   #19
RMadd
USER INFO »
yeah, Al, if you're talking about kazaa lite (which, i believe, is no longer available for free download), i had problems w/ corrupted files on there too

Old 05-04-2004, 05:09 PM   #20
PaulMcCoygirl
USER INFO »
nothing right now, but later on I will.

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Old 05-04-2004, 10:02 PM   #21
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Those files that you guys keep calling corrupt, aren't really corrupted. They are deliberatly placed in there by the recording industry. Now before you scream 'Conspiracy Theory' hear me out. A while back when Kazaa was first under hot water, if you downloaded a popular file, chances are that you got a copy that only looped the first verse continuously for the duration of the song. Well those were still somewhat popular by the masses so that idea was ditched. You may still find them, but your more likely to get a legit file than the looped ones. So now the ingenious plan to foil our leechfest has been to release all songs prior to thier studio release with obscure amounts of distortion. For example, if you open any of them up in a audio editor you will get THIS in this case its Elton John's Rocketman. All mp3's have two channels [if they are recorded in mono, the same sound is on both channels]. If you look at the picture you can see that during the 'corrupted time' one of the channels has the distorted noise and the other is completely blank. If the file were truely corrupted, then NO media player will play it or it would crash the media player resulting a chain reaction of latency and systematic crashes.

Going back to to the idea of downloading music. . . .

Stoleded from Me

Ok, show of hands, how many of you want free or very cheap music? What if I told you that was a reality and you wouldn't have to deal with another p2p? Well several Russian websites have been offering these services for approx $0.01 per megabyte - I shit you not! The reason that it's like this is due to infation. when comparing the US Dollar to the Russian Ruble; One USD ($1) comes out to about 30 - 40 rubles. So this is as expensive to them as iTunes or Napster is to us. The icing on this cake is that they are high quality mp3's (192kbps), transferable, burnable and dont need a DMCA licence! As of today this is completely legal (albiet very grey) and a booming business. I dunno about you, but I'm going to try these.

UPDATE: Yes I know, I know... I forgot to add the url links to the Russian web sites. Well here are the most popular ones and as we speak I am checking them out.
Club MP3Search
All of Mp3
Old 05-04-2004, 10:03 PM   #22
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
To quote X - I have way too much free time.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:28 PM   #23
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LMAO, Mulletman! That's some cool info, thanks...I'm not downloading anything at the moment. Last week, though, I downloaded a boot of the APC show I went to last fall. Kick-azzzzzz show!
Old 05-04-2004, 11:13 PM   #24
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
so? the big genious still didn't say where to get perfect quality files for free...
Old 05-04-2004, 11:39 PM   #25
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
i paid and downloaded the Matrix Revolutions sound track - all 16 tracks at amazing quality for $1.17. I think thats as close to as free as it gets for now.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:10 AM   #26
RMadd
USER INFO »
so those files aren't accidentally corrupted, but just a means of tracking people or something? at least people aren't dumb enough to keep 'em once they realize they're fucked up.
www.softgap.com has free software called Ares, it's p2p just like KaZaA, except without spyware or any of that crap. seriously, check it out. you can find songs of varying quality: lowest i've seen for mp3's or wma's is 64, up to sometimes 320. i'm using it as i speak to download songs from the Vice City Soundtrack.