++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-15-2005, 01:36 AM   #1
ctfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Hanson quits Alter Bridge

"If Alter Bridge ever manages to match the phenomenal popularity of Creed, it looks as if it will happen without manager Jeff Hanson.

Hanson, who was instrumental in turning Creed into a multiplatinum force, stepped down this week as manager of Alter Bridge. That group -- featuring ex-Creed members Mark Tremonti, Scott Phillips, Brian Marshall and former Mayfield Four vocalist Myles Kennedy -- now will be handled by Jeff Cameron, a longtime executive at Jeff Hanson Management & Promotions.

It's more than an organizational move.

Cameron will be splitting with JHMP to manage Alter Bridge as part of his own yet-to-be-named business. Hanson, meanwhile, will continue to focus his company's attention on emerging acts under the umbrella of his Bombtrax promotion company and Silent Majority record label.

The list includes Paramore, Family Force Five, Mute Math and Story Side B. In addition, Hanson's company plans to roll out a new digital label in a partnership with iTunes with the solo debut album by 'N Sync's Chris Kirkpatrick.

"Jeff and I owned everything equally, but I'll stay with Alter Bridge," Cameron says. He added that he would probably need to settle on a name for the new company but that his ambitions are fairly modest.

"I don't really have any aspirations to form a management company; I'm dedicating all my time to Alter Bridge right now."

Despite a history of drama in Creed, Hanson's latest move apparently was a mutual decision.

"It makes more sense to divide up what we're doing, and Cameron has been doing most of the Alter Bridge stuff anyway," Hanson says. "It's all on good terms, and it creates an atmosphere where Alter Bridge isn't asking where I am, and everyone else is asking where Cameron is."

As for the band, Alter Bridge is taking a few weeks off because Tremonti and his wife are expecting a baby. This summer, the band will be back on the road with dates in Europe. Cameron reports that Alter Bridge's One Day Remains has sold just more than 400,000 copies since its release in August."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/enter...rl-calmusictop
Old 05-15-2005, 03:24 AM   #2
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Lets just say i quoted the last paragraph. Where in the hell are the US tour dates? They are a US based band, they should play in the US too. Me and a bunch of my friends really want to see them, and they dont even play more than 15 shows in their US tours it seems like. This is almost as aggrivating as the stapp controversy.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 05-15-2005, 10:09 AM   #3
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
hmmm...interesting

Quite interesting, yet surprising news. Thanks CTfan.

Quote: Cameron will be splitting with JHMP to manage Alter Bridge as part of his own yet-to-be-named business.

hmmm....

Quote: Hanson, meanwhile, will continue to focus his company's attention on emerging acts under the umbrella of his Bombtrax promotion company and Silent Majority record label.

I wonder if Scotts album is going to be coming out under this new Silent Majority label with Hanson? I know he is not mentioned, but for some reason I thought I read something about that before, plus this article I read just made me wonder.....

http://springfield.news-leader.com/l...rossesove.html

None. It's not in our evaluation.
Just one. And he'd do it a lot faster than a City Carrier.
None. Maintenance would file a grievance for crossing crafts.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:18 PM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Lets just say i quoted the last paragraph. Where in the hell are the US tour dates? They are a US based band, they should play in the US too. Me and a bunch of my friends really want to see them, and they dont even play more than 15 shows in their US tours it seems like. This is almost as aggrivating as the stapp controversy.

Maybe they will have some dates this fall in the U.S. I mean, they have toured since last year in the U.S., since what September to March or so? I do hope they make another U.S. swing for this record...On a sort of unrelated note, a local band I like did a cover of Open Your Eyes last night! It was pretty good, too.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:43 PM   #5
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Damn I Didn't kNow the Tremonti's Were expecting a baby! That's Bad Ass!! We'll soon have a Little Tremonti Tearing it up!!!

(is it weird that that's the only thing i got out of that post)

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 05-15-2005, 10:46 PM   #6
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Quote: I wonder if Scotts album is going to be coming out under this new Silent Majority label with Hanson?

I don't know Mertie. I would highly doubt it. I'm pretty sure he's still with WU. But hey, stranger things have happened! lol