++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-14-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
adparaiki
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to adparaiki Send a message via MSN to adparaiki
my sacrifice live - scott sounds great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJtOPcLVd7o

it's funny some people are saying that scott's voice is gone
and lots of people who have actually gone to a creed concert are saying he sounds great and the videos don't do him justice on youtube.

come on we all know he is never quite going to be the singer he was back in 2000 but he is still great!.

I would like to start a thread where we find videos where in particular scott sounds good!
Old 09-14-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
colbymercury
USER INFO »
Re: my sacrifice live - scott sounds great

Quote: (Originally Posted by adparaiki) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJtOPcLVd7o

and lots of people who have actually gone to a creed concert are saying he sounds great and the videos don't do him justice on youtube.

come on we all know he is never quite going to be the singer he was back in 2000 but he is still great!.

I would like to start a thread where we find videos where in particular scott sounds good!

It is funny that some people say that his voice isn't gone. Listen to some clips from 10 years ago.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by adparaiki) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJtOPcLVd7o

Sure he sounds good, but Sevendust guitarist Clint Lowery tweeted from the the show in Atlanta the other night and said The band sounded good..Scott Stapp? not so much..its not just the fans that realize he is not on top of his game!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:49 PM   #4
alitea
USER INFO »

Wow Clint whoever he is sounds like a Creed hater to me. I do not know why anyone would go to a show and tweet disses to the performing band during it. It is like he just wanted to spread some Scott hate. From what I have heard of Scott sure his voice is different but I still like it. People act like he is sounding whatever way on purpose. I am certain he is doing the best he can at the moment. Like I said different but I still love his voice.

Like it or not Scott is the voice of Creed. Either support the band or stay away from the shows.

Great thread idea by the way.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:55 PM   #5
Tremontisized
USER INFO »

Umm.....Scott still sounds bad in that vid. Like he's forcing it, like when he says feels like "foreverrrr", definently doesn't sound as good as when they recorded it. True talent shows at live shows. I'm seeing them tomorrow night in Orlando, but don't expect Scott to impress me.

He's awesome, my first favorite band before AB, but he's definently lost his mojo. He def cant scream, or be grudgy like he used to be. Like in Bullets or What If shown on VH1 opening night.

I wonder what happened....he's been singing solo since they broke up, shouldn't have lost it. Maybe it was the drugs or alcohol.

Hmm.
My youth will never die
Old 09-16-2009, 03:48 AM   #6
Chase
USER INFO »

Is everyone on this board unfamiliar with the term "aging?"

Stapp is ten years older. His body is older. His voice box is older. Get over it. He's never going to sound like he did in 1999 ever again.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:19 AM   #7
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by adparaiki) it's funny some people are saying that scott's voice is gone...
His range is gone, not his voice.

Quote: (Originally Posted by adparaiki) come on we all know he is never quite going to be the singer he was back in 2000 but he is still great!
He used to be great. These days, he seems to be very inconsistent. In Chicago, he pulled it together pretty well for WAWO but then went on to butcher One Last Breath.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:47 PM   #8
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by alitea) Wow Clint whoever he is sounds like a Creed hater to me. I do not know why anyone would go to a show and tweet disses to the performing band during it. It is like he just wanted to spread some Scott hate. From what I have heard of Scott sure his voice is different but I still like it. People act like he is sounding whatever way on purpose. I am certain he is doing the best he can at the moment. Like I said different but I still love his voice.

Like it or not Scott is the voice of Creed. Either support the band or stay away from the shows.

Great thread idea by the way.

I don't think Clint Lowery is a Creed hater. Sevendust toured a lot with Creed in the past. He's probably just being honest.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:23 AM   #9
Tremontisized
USER INFO »

Yeah, it's probably age, not being on stage much the past 7 years, and drugs or alcohol that kiled his voice. I went to the Orlando show 2 nights ago, and they rocked. But, Stapp was horrible. I felt like I was listening to kareoke at a bowling alley. AND he forgot the first verse to Overcome. He started to sing, then stuttered, and shut up for like 20 seconds....then continued to sing the end of the verse. I'm just saying. And even though he's old, so is Metallica, Incubus, and other bands that never let me down. He was by far the worst singer live I've seen. I saw him in Weathered and he was awesome. And if he's really "holding back", that's a real slap in the face, bc most of us die hards spent $100 for the floor just to hear him "take it easy". Screw that.

By the third song, my friends and I were telling each other "maybe Myles should come on stage and show him how its done."

I can't wait til AB gets back together.
My youth will never die
Old 09-19-2009, 02:33 AM   #10
spyderalex14
USER INFO »

Those of us who haven't been to shows shouldn't judge his voice until we see either go to a show or actually see a video with decent sound quality. If you listen to their performance of One in this video he seems just as good as ever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Lnm...eature=related