++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-04-2003, 04:52 AM   #61
Lechium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Tatoo is a big mistake.
Any tatoo.
It will look pretty sily when you're 70+
And how are you gonna tell yoru kid not to get one, if you got oen yourself?
You're given just one body for this life -- cherish it, rather than making an advertisment stand for rock bands from it =)

p.s. what if Creed guys do somethign really stupid, so you'll be ashamed to have their tatoo anymore... like there are some people who wish they didnt get Metallica tatoo, once these gusy now do songs with Ja Rule.

P.P.S. Hope I didnt come off too sharp. Sorry if I did.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:19 AM   #62
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Not to be rude, you did come off a little strong. You are right about only having one body to cherish it. I think if a tattoo is something someone wants so be it. I do believe it is something that you should think about because it's for life. You know I have a tattoo of Jesus Christ on my left arm that covers from the top to my elbow, it makes a great conversation piece., Many people of all walks of life tell me about it, if it helps lead someone in the right direction toward God that I'm able to witness to , then to God be the glory.
Old 02-04-2003, 09:23 AM   #63
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by hotforscott
I am sure they will be fine then. We will figure it out in Orlando. I remember the first night I got mine, I looked at it all night, because I could not believe I had done it.  

Jen, your husband has tattoo's. From your wedding pictures, he doesn't look like the tattoo type. How many does he have?

Yeah that is the funny thing, he totally does not look like the "type" to have tattoo's. He is a Martial artist he has a 5th degree black belt in many types of martial arts, he has been in them for 20+ years, so he has a lot of asian and dragon like things. He has them on his chest and upper arms and forearms. As a teacher the kids don't even realize it because of the way he dresses etc.. He is a professional so he has to be respectful and keep them covered. You would never guess he has tattoo's unless you see him in short sleeve shirts. He does teach martial arts to some of his students from school so those kids know of his "bodyart" :P

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 02-04-2003, 09:28 AM   #64
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
Tatoo is a big mistake.
Any tatoo.
You're given just one body for this life -- cherish it, rather than making an advertisment stand for rock bands from it =)

p.s. what if Creed guys do somethign really stupid, so you'll be ashamed to have their tatoo anymore... like there are some people who wish they didnt get Metallica tatoo, once these gusy now do songs with Ja Rule.

Well like Scott Stapp has said before you must REALLY feel strongly about what you are placing on your body, it will be there for life. So if people feel strong about something and truly believe in it that is thier choice! Everyone is entitiled to thier opinion.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 02-04-2003, 12:18 PM   #65
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
Tatoo is a big mistake.
Any tatoo.

You are entitled to your opinion.
For the record, not that I need to justify my actions to you or anyone else, but as a matter of fact, let me clarify.

1. The sun tattoo is modeled after the Alice In Chains sun on the Dirt album. There is no writing on it, so I don't consider it an advertisement for a band. Besides, Alice is no more. I got a sun because the sun always makes me smile. I'm happiest when I am out in it, whether it be biking, hiking, going to the beach or just walking. It's a major spiritual influence in my life; it brings me closer to God, and I chose to honor that by making it a part of me. I also love the music of Alice In Chains, and have for more than a decade. I'm doubtful I will ever lose that love for their music, which has touched my soul many times. Music is a big part of my life. I need it like I need air to breathe.

2. If I had a child, I would let that child make his or her own decision when he or she was old enough (you have to be 18 in most states to legally get a tattoo). I would try to explain the pros and cons to that child so that he or she would make the most informed decision possible. I would also explain the reasoning behind my getting a tattoo. If, when all is said and done, that child were to get a tattoo, I would honor his or her decision.

3. As for appearances when I'm 70, I try not worry about that too much. I'm 41 years old and I really don't give a rat's a** what most people think of how I look. . So I doubt I will give a rat's a** when I am 70.
Old 02-04-2003, 12:26 PM   #66
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by hotforscott
Way to go Dogstar. I am very proud of you getting over your phobia. I bet it's awesome. It sounds like it. I am very happy for you. I can't wait to see it and also get our crests. We have another on board, for sure, for a CreedFeed Creed Crest Tattoo (Whew!) That makes..........Me, Jen, Mr. TN, Dogstar.......and who else was in for a tat? I can't remember. I am SO EXCITED!!!!!

I'd love to get one when we're all in FL for the Creedfest too. It'll be totally cool!! It's one of the things I was thinking abut doing for my birthday before I even knew the Fest was during my birthday. I can't think of a better way to spend my birthday weekend - spending it at the CreedFest with all of you and getting a tattoo.

I'm so excited for you, Dogstar!! That's awesome!!

Relearn Love
Old 02-04-2003, 12:29 PM   #67
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Thank you, creedfan63! I can't wait to meet everybody, too. Only three more weeks to sweat out the schedule gurus at work. If nobody bumps me off that week by March 1, I'm IN!
Old 02-04-2003, 12:49 PM   #68
Lechium
USER INFO »
2Dogstar: It's kinda funny that you get AIC related tatoo to remind you of god... I mean AIC had mocked Christianity oh so many times... awesome band thou...
Old 02-04-2003, 01:01 PM   #69
shunammite
USER INFO »
I am a recent AIC convert. I don't know all their stuff really well yet. But I think there is a difference between "mocking christianity" and Mocking God.

It seems to me that AIC never sings about anything BUT God. Only it's mainly like the book of Job, God why does life HURT LIKE HELL and do you HATE ME, it FEELS LIKE IT, and also SQUASHING all those PRETENDERS who insist hey life is easy if you behave, that's the "comfort" Job's friends offered, LIFE IS HARD NO MATTER WHAT, but it's worth it. Some people think not and choose to be vegetables instead of human beings, they are afraid of the pain. Which is understandable.

But again I say the pain is worth the price.
Old 02-04-2003, 01:10 PM   #70
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
2Lechium: It's the sun that reminds me of God. I happened to like how the sun looked on the Dirt album cover. I find it more interesting than funny that a band that, as you say, mocked Christianity *oh so many times* would end up brining me closer to my God. And yes, AIC were an awesome band.
Old 02-04-2003, 01:14 PM   #71
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by shunammite
<b>It seems to me that AIC never sings about anything BUT God. &nbsp;Only it's mainly like the book of Job, God why does life HURT LIKE HELL and do you HATE ME, it FEELS LIKE IT, and also SQUASHING all those PRETENDERS who insist hey life is easy if you behave, that's the "comfort" Job's friends offered, LIFE IS HARD NO MATTER WHAT, but it's worth it. &nbsp; Some people think not and choose to be vegetables instead of human beings, they are afraid of the pain. &nbsp;Which is understandable. &nbsp;

But again I say the pain is worth the price. </b>

Yes, that is what I like about AIC's music. It's honest. It's matter-of-fact pain. They see it, they recognize it, they talk about how it feels, all without being really maudlin.
Old 02-04-2003, 01:23 PM   #72
Lechium
USER INFO »
Hey I like AIC's sun too.
Old 02-04-2003, 03:09 PM   #73
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Lechium,

First of all I'm not trying to sound rude to you, I was just curious where you stand with religon.It seems to me that you tell us not to get tattoo's and I was wondering if religon had any to do with that? and if so you know your avator sure isn't a christian poster boy. Once again just curious.
Old 02-04-2003, 03:55 PM   #74
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN
Lechium,

First of all I'm not trying to sound rude to you, I was just curious where you stand with religon.It seems to me that you tell us not to get tattoo's and I was wondering if religon had any to do with that? and if so you know your avator sure &nbsp;isn't a christian poster boy. Once again just curious.

You took the words right out of my mouth!!!!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 02-04-2003, 04:49 PM   #75
hotforscott
USER INFO »
My little girl takes Taekwondo Jen. She has 2 stripes on her orange belt. She is pretty darn good at it. I think it teaches them so much. When Tyler is 3, I want him to do it as well.

As fot the other things that have been said, here is my take on it:

When my kids are 18, I have no problem with letting them get a tattoo. It's their decision.

When I am 70 I will still be listening to Creed so my tattoo will still mean as much to me, as the day I get it.