++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 05-18-2004, 01:44 AM   #1
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
small Pearl Jam update

it is downtime for PJ in between albums but there has being a little bit going on. Pearl Jam recently played for CCFA a chrons disease organisation and Brad (Stone Gossard's side group) and Mike McCready and Friends (U.F.O tribute) also played. Mike McCready suffers from chrons and is in remission at the moment. yay

anyhow mike did an interview with KISW in the past few days and said that;

Pearl Jam will be working on their next album at the end of the year.
Mad Season has 10 unreleased songs, sans lyrics, with which Mike has been trying to get something started with Mark Lanegan.
It appears that PJ will be doing a few gigs later this year, for political reasons, and in swing states. (probably to help out ralph nader and get votes away from bush if possible my edit)

and in an announcement to shock the music fraternity he also announced he loves refried beans.

also some news on eddie vedder;

Excerpts from Surfer Magazine, June 2004

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...Does Nick Lachey really surf any better than his wife Jessica Simpson? Any chance Eddie Vedder's backside attack could beat Tony Hawk's? Would Cameron Diaz's love of cut backs stand a chance against Mini Driver's tube riding skills? Finally, many of these issues will be put to rest in late May during the First Annual Kelly Slater Invitational in Fiji.
That's right, the six-time champ is using his own celebrity status and posh, first-class chartered flights to entice a number of different celebrities to the exotic surf haven of Tavarua, Fiji, where each will be paired up with a pro surfer to take on another pair team in heated televised match ups. Pros like Slater, Andy and Bruce Irons, Taj Burrow and Rob Machado will also be giving lessons to the novice celebrities who may have lied on their resumes to finagle an invite. Aside from getting together to share some waves, the aim of the event is to raise awareness for protecting and rehabilitating pristine ocean reefs through organizations like Reef Check and the United Nations Sustainable Development Program in Fiji.
With John Feist, the Senior Producer of Survivor, pulling the television production strings, who knows what will happen? Rest assured, spies are on the island to get all the dirt.
-Chris Mauro

eddie vedder also denied that the black guitar he was playing used to belong a man living in miami beach.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:49 AM   #2
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
oh and the setlist was as follows;

Ed Solo: Parting Ways, Man of the Hour, The Seeker (The Who), Porch, Yellow Ledbetter (Ed on drums, Mike and Stone on guitars)

Brad: Bless Me Father (New), Buttercup, Brothers and Sisters, Low (New), The Day Brings (Shawn Smith Solo)

McCready & Friends (U.F.O. Tribute): Doctor Doctor, Lights Out, Too Hot To Handle, Shoot Shoot, Loser, Rock Bottom, Sick as a Dog (Aerosmith), Nobody's Fault (Aerosmith)

Notes: Ed made a political remark; something along the lines of Even if John Kerry is the second worst president ever, he'll be better than the one we have now. Yellow Ledbetter was reportedly a somewhat "punked out" version. 3 of the songs on Ed's setlist were listed as "Whatever I feel like".

Bless Me Father had a slow, R&B-ish feel and Low was a funky new song, featuring Stone on bass, Mike Berg on keys, and no guitar.

As for the McCready & Friends set, Mike was his usual showman self - full of energy and running around like a kid on pure sugar.

ed on drums! ROCK ON!

some pics here! http://img69.photobucket.com/albums/v210/showboxing/?
Old 05-19-2004, 04:12 AM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I LOVE MIKE M...thanks for the update, hide....That's pretty cool about Mad Season, but man, I can't imagine anyone but Layne doing vocals ...though Lanegan is cool and did do parts of the Mad Season stuff. Long Gone Day is soooo awesome with his voice.
Old 05-19-2004, 04:51 AM   #4
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Wow, cool
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 05-19-2004, 05:15 AM   #5
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
your welcome guys!

it will be weird hearing mad season stuff sung by mark lanegan but i'm sure it will be great! we should have a PJ album by next May or so I guess, so far away but it will be here in no time! maybe mike could rip it up more with this mad season stuff?
Old 05-24-2004, 04:52 AM   #6
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
I can't wait for the next Pearl Jam album, and I did forget to mention, thank you for the info.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006