++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 02:56 PM   #91
mamm1234
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Michael,
Unfortunatlely, band memebers are being quoted (I don't remeber if it was Mark but I believe so) that the other band members "despise" Scott, that they found out he had been doing drugs during the tour last year and comments of that nature.

And Mark is quoted as having said at the Meet and Greet last week that he and Scott have "parted ways"

That seems pretty low and to pass these kind of comments via a MB or as remarks to fans is in pretty bad taste, imo. You are right, we are just getting one side of the story and in an obviously biased manner.

And the whole way this is transpiring is very bizarre.

I have been very vocal and critical at times about some of Scott's actions
but maybe it is the kind of comments as mentioned above and the way this is coming out that is leaving ppl bitter. Maybe it's just a matter of right and wrong.

I love Creed and each member brings their own particular talent to the band.
We all truly wish them all peace and happiness and the chance to use their talents in the most fullfilling way.

But there has to be a better way than what has transpiried over the last week.

BTW, JenRn....what you said above was awesome.
Old 11-22-2003, 03:03 PM   #92
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Are you sure that it was drugs? Maybe he was "just" drunk, but that's bad enough! Anyway. He's off that case now.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-22-2003, 03:04 PM   #93
Blaize
USER INFO »
I didn't think there was any arguing going on either. You want to see arguing? Head on over to the pit and you will have more than enough of it!
My point was that I will support all of them. Stapp has his supporters just like Mark and Flip do. I know Mark loves his work and therefore it makes me happy for him. Like I said, we do not know the details of the situation and there's no reason to be pointing fingers.
Old 11-22-2003, 03:09 PM   #94
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Yeah sure, Mark rocks! Just as much as Stapp and Flip!

CREED ROCKS LIFE!!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-22-2003, 03:56 PM   #95
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Every thing is conjecture and heresay....we don't what's been taken out of context and how it was meant.
How about we just support the band? Things will turn out one way or the other....
There's nothing we can do about it. I'm sure they are suffering much more than any of us over all of this. Good or bad, it's got to be a difficult time for them.
So, let's just wish them all peace, love and happiness.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 11-22-2003, 04:16 PM   #96
JenRN
USER INFO »
I wish them all the very best life can offer. But I need the music like an addictive drug right now, it helps me through life's darkest times. I would do ANYTHING to see them live right now, that is the medicine I need the most. I felt so alive and so happy when I attended the shows, the energy is addictive!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-22-2003, 05:19 PM   #97
Sheila63
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-JenRN+11-22-2003 12:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JenRN @ 11-22-2003 12:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> This whole thing saddens me and I hope it all works out. One thing about me is STAPP, he is the initial reason I was so drawn into Creed. He reflects such passion and shows such emotion when he sings, he draws me in like the stongest magnet out there. I would give anything to right now talk to him in person and tell him how much he has done for me in so many ways. I will follow him and his career in any direction it takes. I believe he is a deeply hurt person right now in his life ( I can relate too much) he has his own issues and demons to deal with and I hope he gets the support he so desperatly needs. There is something about him showing his emotions that is so honest to me, he is the real deal.

As far as Mark and Flip well..... they are just cool as hell to me. I would love to see them in person as well and just hang out with them, they seem so much fun to me. And they have stuck it out for so long, all bands have issues that is just life. I believe thier future holds great things and I will follow them too.

I remember the statement STAPP made in the Behind the Music. I can't quote him right now but he said something in the lines of ......If it is over someday, and we can't write music anymore than I will walk away, but I will walk away knowing I did my best. If I could not put my all into it, than it is over. It was something like that I need to go home and watch the tape again. Anyways..... I feel he needs some more time, and the rest of them are READY to move on, with other things. It it is meant to be for Creed to continue then they will. They need to do what is right for them and what they feel. [/b][/quote]
I totally agree with you, Jen. All of this makes me really sad.

But whatever happens, I will support all of them in their future projects and I wish them all the best.

Relearn Love
Old 11-22-2003, 05:58 PM   #98
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
I will support them all too, defenitly. It's just a shame that this has had to happen (IF, of course this is actually happening), that it had to turn out like this. And right now, I can't see that it's what was best for the band, but I might do in the future if all of this is true. We just need to be strong, I am still very upset, but reading about it all and getting a better veiw on things has made me feel the slighest bit better. I just need to hear something from the band, or Scott, or Tremo, or Flip. Because there is a sick feeling in my stomach, it has been there since yesterday morning when I first read about this incident. I just need to know from one of the actual band members, as I'm sure we all feel that way.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 11-22-2003, 06:10 PM   #99
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Haley, that's exactly the point. We haven't heard anything from any of the actual band members. It's so frustrating to see everyone going back and forth and all the speculation. Everyone is getting so upset, that's what's bothering me the most. Whether or not they are breaking up, we need the truth from the band, not 10,000 rumors flying all over the internet. I'll wait for something official (other than that lame e-news from WindUP). I may be waiting for quite awhile, but I can't get myself all upset over 'he said/she said'.

Lastly, they aren't dead. They are all still very much alive and will continue to do what they are going to do. Maybe it'll be together, maybe not. But we can't start celebrating or mourning until we get some REAL news.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-22-2003, 06:16 PM   #100
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Yeah I know. And you are right, there are so many rumors and stories jumping up everywhere right now, and that is one of the reasons why I am so upset, I am so confused, I don't know what to think. I am thinking to much, that's the problem. It's just thinking if this is the end of Creed, I just can't believe all of this shit, I really can't believe it. And I know I shouldn't be thinking about it like that, but I honestly can't help it.

And it's starting to piss me off how no one from the band is telling us anything, the closest link we have is Michael, yes that's Mark's brother, but obviously we would rather hear it from Mark. It's just this waiting, I wish someone would HURRY UP and tell us what is going on! I mean look how many worried/concerned sad fans there are around the world right now! Creed are just leaving us hanging here with all of these possibilities. I know it must be 100 times worse for them, and that they must be mixed up also, but everyone needs to hear something, sooner rather than later.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 11-22-2003, 06:26 PM   #101
JenRN
USER INFO »
Yes I agree with Teri as well. I think it is just human nature to be upset over this though. Now is really where we are going to see how much the fans REALLY matter by how this is presented and dealt with.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-22-2003, 06:32 PM   #102
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I understand everyone being so upset, Jen. Believe me, I'm going to be terribly disappointed too if it's true. But the fact of the matter is, NO ONE really knows for certain until something official comes out of one of the members' mouths. Not someone's brother, not some message board member. I just feel so badly for everyone who has already taken everything to heart and is so heartbroken. Knowledge is power, and right now, we are all powerless.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-22-2003, 06:38 PM   #103
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I'm staying out of this one
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 11-22-2003, 07:09 PM   #104
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

What a mess!!!!!!!!!!! I've never seen so many crappy posts in a Creed Feed thread before. You missed it big.

-CREED is not over

-We don't know what Stapp is going to do. We can even end up with a Creed album next year, depending on the songs Mark wrote and what they decide. They just won't tour.

-Who said Mark sucks at singing? That's BIG BS! He's great singer.

-Mark has been itchy to play since the NYE concert. Stapp was the one who wanted (and needed) a break.

Again, that was too many crap going on here.

Of course I'm upset my favourite band is ON a break. I'm sad that 2 of the people who most impacted positively in my life (Stapp and Mark) have gone apart, and their friendship is in crisis (IF it is - we don't know what happened between them) and I'm praying they can make up again, if that's the case (once again, to emphasize).

Stapp said he wanted to do some acting. If he cancelled/postponed a tour to shoot a movie, would you all be cussing him like some people here are doing with Mark? Sorry, but it's just not fair. It's their decision to do what seems better for them, and most important, what they WANNA do.

I thank MICHAEL to be clearing some stuff for us. We all should be happy that at least Mark, Flip and Brian (c'mon, I missed Brian, if you allow me to say) are together making music. Would you rather believing and reading rumours everywhere?? At least Michael lead us to the right direction of FACTS.

Coz we know that Wind-up and JHMP are slow for this kind of stuff. And now I think I know why, and agree. Let them decide what will happen to state something official.

Things change with time. This whole situation could be totally different tomorrow.
Old 11-22-2003, 07:47 PM   #105
mamm1234
USER INFO »
The things that I quoted above came from the band.

Mark said at the Meet and Greet last week that he and Stpp have "parted ways."
I don't remember who said the other things, (it could have been Michael on Creepit) but they were said.

I don't have the time to go searching for them.

But I think several things are happening here.

Creed is not over ....yet.

Mark made some comments at a Meet and Greet as stated above and about starting a new band. Since I think he's a nice guy I will assume he didn't puposely drop this bomb shell to ppl he knew were from creedpit so that he could either
a. test the waters about the new band
b. let ppl know from his mouth about what was happening.

Maybe the statement from Wind-up is the rock bottom truth, who knows.

The way this is unfolding is just so bizarre.
Closed Thread