++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-21-2003, 11:09 AM   #16
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
You've made some very good points. We don't know the circumstances so it's hard to say.

However, I definitely don't agree with the last comment about all of them teaming up ... and then to throw Brett in there as well ... now you definitely have Creed minus Stapp. That would be the ultimate SLAP!
Old 11-21-2003, 11:19 AM   #17
RMadd
USER INFO »
Unless, of course, it's mutual. You're just ASSUMING that they're kicking Stapp out. Try looking at it either that it's mutual, or that Stapp wanted out. Then, would it be as much an insult to Scott? Not viewed in that light.
Btw... wasn't really serious about Brett singing. But it'd be kinda neat if they formed some kind of supergroup, a la Audioslave (Creed could be like Rage, and absorb some other broken-up great band's lead singer, and form a new group not known as Creed).

Old 11-21-2003, 11:24 AM   #18
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
hey...

"the band as we know Creed is going to change"

on the poker tc show thing day, Stapp and Mark played golf together.

Daniel Tremonti is the one who runs Stapp Entertainment site...

Considering this, I don't think they broke up. Maybe Stapp just wishes to take some time off music. We don't know what are his solo projects yet. Could be as a producer, for example, or as a writer.

While he rests, Mark and Flip will stay in their core business.

You should read fliponline.net board. It's the most reasonable one so far.
Old 11-21-2003, 01:05 PM   #19
Blaize
USER INFO »
I know all of this has been laid out on the table in a round about way, but until I hear something concrete that Creed has broken up, then I am remaining optomistic. I can't help but hold on to that little shred of hope.
Thanks for laying it out Stace!
Old 11-21-2003, 01:26 PM   #20
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Blaize, you pretty much took the words right out of my mouth! I emailed Windup for the second time this morning, pretty much begging them, for the sake of the fans, to please give us some definite news, either way, just to put this thing to rest! Let's see where this second email gets me....the day after I sent the first email it was announced that Creed has plans for 2004 to release new material, blah, blah......but still nothing about the status of the band. I asked them to please be very specific in their wording, saying whether Creed (comprised of Scott Stapp, Mark Tremonti, and Scott Phillips TOGETHER) in still intact, or what? We'll see if they come up with anything to put all this SPECULATION to rest........ PEACE...

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 11-21-2003, 01:29 PM   #21
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I doubt they will give you a straight answer. They haven't so far, and it wouldn't be fiscally prudent of them to do so, especially if things are rocky. They don't want breakup news because that would thwart their sales of the supposed anthology. I don't know, I don't take what they say very seriously. I think this was put out to quell the rumors, whether it's true or not.
Old 11-21-2003, 01:53 PM   #22
Kim V.
USER INFO »
True, everything is always about the almighty dollar isn't it?? Even Stapp started to realize that (His interview on 9/15/03 revealed that) But I still hold hope that we hear that this was all just a big stupid mistake!

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 11-21-2003, 01:55 PM   #23
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, I hope so, too, Kim V.
Old 11-21-2003, 01:56 PM   #24
creedlvr
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Tremonti_Fed+11-21-2003 11:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tremonti_Fed @ 11-21-2003 11:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> hey...

"the band as we know Creed is going to change"

on the poker tc show thing day, Stapp and Mark played golf together.

Daniel Tremonti is the one who runs Stapp Entertainment site...

Considering this, I don't think they broke up. Maybe Stapp just wishes to take some time off music. We don't know what are his solo projects yet. Could be as a producer, for example, or as a writer.

While he rests, Mark and Flip will stay in their core business.

You should read fliponline.net board. It's the most reasonable one so far. [/b][/quote]
This information seems hopeful. Where did you hear this? From fliponline.net?
Old 11-21-2003, 01:58 PM   #25
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Bearfan - if it's mutual, then you're right ... it is less insulting to Scott. Still, I would imagine he would still feel a "little" left out ... even if it was his decision.

I just hope they are at least still friends.
Old 11-21-2003, 02:40 PM   #26
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
You know, maybe Mark wanted that statement out there so Scott knew they were serious and reconsider, if that was truly the situation
Old 11-21-2003, 02:45 PM   #27
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
God, I hope not. That would mean things are really bad between them.
Old 11-21-2003, 02:50 PM   #28
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I was almost thinking the same thing ...
Maybe it's a way of making Scott realize that they are serious and some things have to change. Maybe it will be a scare and whip Scott into shape. Not that I want things to be that bad between them. But maybe he's trying to use reverse psychology.
Old 11-21-2003, 04:23 PM   #29
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-creedlvr+11-21-2003 03:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (creedlvr @ 11-21-2003 03:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
This information seems hopeful. Where did you hear this? From fliponline.net? [/b][/quote]
yep, I was browsing FlipOnline at work (oops! ) and a girl said that. Sorry I don't remember her name, but it's a thread which its title is "what's your opinion in the middle of the rumours" or something like that.

There are some really nice posts and stories there, and they're really reasonable. If you have the time, take a look.

They also met flip in a bar after the Chicago concert (I think between Chicago and NYE) and he said something there but they didn't say what on the thread. At the time I couldn't search for it, so if anyone know, would you mind sharing?
Old 11-21-2003, 05:51 PM   #30
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
OK... now I know I've thus far been silent on this topic. Probably mostly from denial, but I sent an e-mail to Wind-Up, and have yet to recieve an answer.

Anywho, I keep thinking about that line Mark supposidly said... Creed as we know it, is over. Could this possibly mean they have a whole new sound? Different from what has seemingly been labeled as "thier" sound? Sure that may not support his supposidly saying that he and scott have parted ways or that he and flip are staying together and possibly forming a new band, but I think we should have heard something from either Wind-Up, Jeff Hanson, or more importantly, Creed themselves.

Remember, they did say around the end of the Weathered tour that they would be going their seperate ways for a while before they get back together for another album. Stapp said something about wanting to travel all over Africa or something and Mark wanted to do something else during his time off. I think, that if Mark and Flip start a new band (side project) for a while, I believe we still WILL see a Creed reunion.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"