++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-30-2009, 09:19 AM   #16
00iceman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Jewel Case?

Quote: (Originally Posted by rabidgopher04) One can also support a band through iTunes or any other .mp3 vendor.

True dat. I prefer the physical albums for my favorite band, though. Imagine meeting the band and saying, "will you please sign my iPod?" Doesn't work as well as having an album for them to sign.

Besides that, there's something about owning the actual album with the artwork and all.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:34 AM   #17
Mr. Prophet Man
USER INFO »

I usually buy CDs used from my local record store (Yes they still exist). But I just had to buy FC as new because of the special edition.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:36 AM   #18
Mr. Prophet Man
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by 00iceman) Besides that, there's something about owning the actual album with the artwork and all.
Agreed.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:54 AM   #19
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Believe it or not haha.
Yes indeed they do i rarley never burn cd unless its classic stuff or some what We BUY Here Because Music Fans Stll Care About The Packaging And Art Work And So Forth ,
Old 10-30-2009, 11:54 AM   #20
razzroe
USER INFO »

i agree with icedmofo the label makes the decisions "NOT THE THE BAND."Trust me my band is signed to a new label outta San Francisco.in the conference call we had they didnt come out and say it but they pretty much have the upper hand. when it comes to decisions when it comes to the band.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:56 AM   #21
razzroe
USER INFO »

what comes comes with the special edition?mr. prophet man.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:38 PM   #22
Trinity
USER INFO »

To whoever asked... a jewel case is the plastic case that you see most CD's in.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:38 PM   #23
Trinity
USER INFO »

And I agree about having a physical copy of the cd. I don't download anything at all. I've got 915 cds and none of them are downloaded or burned.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:40 PM   #24
Mr. Prophet Man
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by razzroe) what comes comes with the special edition?mr. prophet man.
It's the Walmart limted edition with a DVD.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:36 PM   #25
BSC
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Trinity) To whoever asked... a jewel case is the plastic case that you see most CD's in.

Oh thanks for that.

I expected it to be something different then an average CD case.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:00 PM   #26
shadyogrady
USER INFO »

I support the band buy purchasing all their offically released albums and attending concerts. I haven't attended one of their concerts yet, but I paid for my wife to see them when they were in town. I'll continue to support the band this Spring/Summer if they come to a place near my area. If they can't get their shit together regarding future music packaging, I may look at other options. This band is way too good to have poorly packaged CDs. They need to demand nothing less than top shelf quality. Point made.

Shady

Last edited by shadyogrady : 10-30-2009 at 09:07 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-30-2009, 11:35 PM   #27
josha31042
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by shadyogrady) I support the band buy purchasing all their offically released albums and attending concerts. I haven't attended one of their concerts yet, but I paid for my wife to see them when they were in town. I'll continue to support the band this Spring/Summer if they come to a place near my area. If they can't get their shit together regarding future music packaging, I may look at other options. This band is way too good to have poorly packaged CDs. They need to demand nothing less than top shelf quality. Point made.

Shady

Whatever you say, kiddo.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:57 PM   #28
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) Why don't you just get it and put it in your own jewel case if you're that concerned about it?

Then there'd be no artwork!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) I'd rather have a physical copy of the original CD... but I guess I'm just a "collector" and "completest."

Same here, Steve. I love having the tangible thing in my hand.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:09 PM   #29
Mr. Prophet Man
USER INFO »

Got my copy today and I gotta agree that the packaging sucks. Luckily I won't have to touch the actual CD after loading the songs into my Zune.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:13 PM   #30
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by shadyogrady) I support the band buy purchasing all their offically released albums and attending concerts. I haven't attended one of their concerts yet, but I paid for my wife to see them when they were in town. I'll continue to support the band this Spring/Summer if they come to a place near my area. If they can't get their shit together regarding future music packaging, I may look at other options. This band is way too good to have poorly packaged CDs. They need to demand nothing less than top shelf quality. Point made.

Shady

Actually you made no point whatsoever because you completely ignored the fact that the band has no say over how the cd is packaged, they can demand all they want, but unless they are running the label themselves, which they aren't, they have no say over the matter.

Gotta love it when people completely ignore the facts and still try to make it sound like they have any idea what they're talking about.