++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 10-04-2006, 01:54 PM   #1
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Questions about God

For all you christians, jews or muslims, (or anyone else who might find this interesting), on this board:

I myself don't believe in your God or any other religion. But I'm always open minded to any alternative ending of life or this world.

Just to set the record straight. This is not meant as an insult on religion or what so ever. I'm just trying to open up for an discussion. Neither am I trying to convince people that my theory that God doesn't excist is correct. I just wanna hear religios people out and see if I can learn something from their point of view. Alright, let's start!

1) If you're God really excist. If he really is good and all-mighty. How come people had other religions before Abraham first spoke to God? If God created everything, how come he didn't make a move before Abraham met him? Why did he just stand by and watch when greeks build tempels for Zeus and other Gods?

2) Is there anyone here who rejects the theory of evolution? Evolution has pretty much been proved, what makes you think that theory is wrong?

3) Just a funny thing. "You shall have no other Gods before me" - Well then there must be other Gods, right...? If there wasn't, why would he bother putting it there?

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 10-04-2006 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:31 PM   #2
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Re: Questions about God

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) For all you christians, jews or muslims, (or anyone else who might find this interesting), on this board:

I myself don't believe in your God or any other religion. But I'm always open minded to any alternative ending of life or this world.

Just to set the record straight. This is not meant as an insult on religion or what so ever. I'm just trying to open up for an discussion. Neither am I trying to convince people that my theory that God doesn't excist is correct. I just wanna hear religios people out and see if I can learn something from their point of view. Alright, let's start!

1) If you're God really excist. If he really is good and all-mighty. How come people had other religions before Abraham first spoke to God? If God created everything, how come he didn't make a move before Abraham met him? Why did he just stand by and watch when greeks build tempels for Zeus and other Gods?

2) Is there anyone here who rejects the theory of revolution? Revolution has pretty much been proved, what makes you think that theory is wrong?

3) Just a funny thing. "You shall have no other Gods before me" - Well then there must be other Gods, right...? If there wasn't, why would be bother putting it there?

Questions 1 & 3 are linked, people were prone to create there own gods and still do today. Mankind was given free will, so temples were built and atheists rock on today
And number 2, evolution is still just a theory. Even if it were proven to be fact, who's to say it's not Gods mechanism anyway? We know the chemical make up of fire, but that doesn't mean we've proven or disproven the igsistance of God.

-Homer Simpson

Old 10-04-2006, 05:27 PM   #3
The Lithium
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) Questions 1 & 3 are linked, people were prone to create there own gods and still do today. Mankind was given free will, so temples were built and atheists rock on today
Yes, God gave them free will, but still. "You shall have no other Gods before me". So I guess all greeks are in hell now for that sin right? Pretty unfair though, 'cause he never explained that to them.

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) Even if it were proven to be fact, who's to say it's not Gods mechanism anyway? We know the chemical make up of fire, but that doesn't mean we've proven or disproven the igsistance of God.
That's true. But if so the Bible is wrong. And if the Bible is wrong there it may be wrong on many other places. (Which I think. For example the part about homosexuality).

So the question remains. Do you or do you not believe in evolution?

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 10-04-2006 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:47 PM   #4
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

About the Greeks, maybe so (hell). My name has Greek origin, I think it's from the guy who first translated the Bible to Greek.
Evalution, I just wonder why it seems to have stopped. I guess I would have to say no. It's interesting how I won't take a leap of faith on evalution, but I will for God.

-Homer Simpson

Old 10-04-2006, 06:04 PM   #5
The Lithium
USER INFO »

How do you know Evolution has stoped? It just moves so slowly you can't notice it over a life-time, or a couple of hundred years.

But if there was a threat on earth, like in Planet Of The Apes. Apes rules the planet. But Apes can't swim. Humans can. It would take one hell of a long time but in time humans could learn to either stay under water for every long, breath under water or even become water animals, so to speak, to escape these wicked apes. Evolution always finds a way sooner or later. (Well, often later)

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-04-2006, 07:41 PM   #6
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) How do you know Evolution has stoped? It just moves so slowly you can't notice it over a life-time, or a couple of hundred years.

But if there was a threat on earth, like in Planet Of The Apes. Apes rules the planet. But Apes can't swim. Humans can. It would take one hell of a long time but in time humans could learn to either stay under water for every long, breath under water or even become water animals, so to speak, to escape these wicked apes. Evolution always finds a way sooner or later. (Well, often later)

still don't buy it, besides given the average human life span we're going to find out about God sooner than evolution.

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by eusebioCBR : 10-04-2006 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:50 AM   #7
The Lithium
USER INFO »

What are you talking about? Finding out about God sooner than evolution? How you ever gonna find out about God?

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-05-2006, 03:50 PM   #8
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

We have plenty of gods. Money, sex, drugs, etc.

As for the first; God is an infinite Being of infinite perfection. As such, any sin against Him demands infinite retribution, hence His justice is sometimes seen as harsh. But seeing as humanity still exists, I'd say He is pretty dang merciful.

Finally, regarding evolution, I used to be a big evolution proponent but I am no longer so sure. There seems to be a lot of thigns it doesn't explain and a lot of things that argue against it. Regardless, I am not some anti-reasoning knucklehead who believes the Earth is 6,000 years old, and if anyone would ever understand the term "metaphor", Genesis would make much more sense.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:00 PM   #9
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) What are you talking about? Finding out about God sooner than evolution? How you ever gonna find out about God?

When we die we'll find out who's right and who's wrong

-Homer Simpson

Old 10-05-2006, 07:30 PM   #10
The Lithium
USER INFO »

Well, maybe not. If there isn't an after life we'll just drift off to sleep and never wake with any answers.

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-05-2006, 09:00 PM   #11
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

^I know there is, so sleep well

-Homer Simpson

Old 10-06-2006, 08:01 AM   #12
RalphyS
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) As for the first; God is an infinite Being of infinite perfection. As such, any sin against Him demands infinite retribution, hence His justice is sometimes seen as harsh. But seeing as humanity still exists, I'd say He is pretty dang merciful.

Hey, don't forget he died for our sins, so I can sin as much as I want as long as I repent on my deathbed.

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl
Old 10-06-2006, 10:14 AM   #13
bilal
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) 1) If you're God really excist. If he really is good and all-mighty. How come people had other religions before Abraham first spoke to God? If God created everything, how come he didn't make a move before Abraham met him? Why did he just stand by and watch when greeks build tempels for Zeus and other Gods?

well, your question implies that you belive that it was Abraham who discovered God. Eurika!!.... hehe.... you see, Abraham is just one of those people, like you and me, who can tell a thing is wrong and who have used theri judgement to say wether they belive with what theri peers belive in or not.. Abraham's folks worshiped sun and the moon, but he rejected em, as built in human nature, every one asks this question once in a while before he can either satisfy or crush this longing to know...... life on earth started way when Adam was abolished from heaven and was sent on earth, with Satan too as his job was to misguide em still....and the generations that will follow, ofcource people got misleaded.... about the greeks, they stand in front of us as an example that no matter how strong you are, there will be a time when nothing will remain of you.... so no one is omnipotent in this world, the greeks, the romans, the Pharaos..... all have vanished...... so nothing infact, stands against God Almighty....... its only a matter of time.....

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) 2) Is there anyone here who rejects the theory of evolution? Evolution has pretty much been proved, what makes you think that theory is wrong?

no one can reject the theroy of evolution...its a main characteristics of all human beings...... specially those living in extreme climatic zones..... but i am not much aware of how it has to do with the human existance...... we know that there used to be dinosaurs and all, the all got busted by some giant meteroits and all, and then the lava erruption, then after all that,.... man to earth from heaven... i mean, earth was here from way way long ago.... man was decended here from heaven.... and will stay here till the day of judgement......

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) 3) Just a funny thing. "You shall have no other Gods before me" - Well then there must be other Gods, right...? If there wasn't, why would he bother putting it there?

i am a muslim, so i dont think this question is refered to me
Old 10-12-2006, 05:29 PM   #14
The Lithium
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) about the greeks, they stand in front of us as an example that no matter how strong you are, there will be a time when nothing will remain of you.... so no one is omnipotent in this world, the greeks, the romans, the Pharaos..... all have vanished
Nah, I gotta say you're wrong! See... The plays that greeks wrote are still being preformed on our theaters today. Their artistical skills are still being admired today, etc, etc. Point is; the greeks may be long gone, but there is too things that remained of them!

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) i mean, earth was here from way way long ago.... man was decended here from heaven.... and will stay here till the day of judgement......
Yeah, but the Holy Book doesn't really explain it that way. Why is the Holy Book wrong then? (Prehaps because it was written by humans, (humans, not God) about 2000 years ago when people had no idea about anything, especially not things like Big Bang and such? Well... Could be...)

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) i am a muslim, so i dont think this question is refered to me
Why not? You're more than welcome to speak your own opinions, not just your religions! I mean... No one, who hasn't been brainwashed, can let someone explain one story, and one story only, about how the world was created and how everything works, and then just go; "Okay, if you say so"...

Can you honestly say that you believe everything your religion has tought you? Come on Bilal, what do you think?

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 10-12-2006 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:48 AM   #15
bilal
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Nah, I gotta say you're wrong! See... The plays that greeks wrote are still being preformed on our theaters today. Their artistical skills are still being admired today, etc, etc. Point is; the greeks may be long gone, but there is too things that remained of them!

yes you are right about the glory of that civilisation, thanks for adding that.......i guess romans were astrologist as well.... but i wasnt speaking about the romans in that sense.... iwas talking about in a historical way as i am fimiliar with em....i am a MUSLIM.... so i read Holy Quran...thats the book of God for me, although my belief is that Bible is the book of God too....but that has got some other side as well...which i dont think is relevent to your question so i am not discussion that..... in holy Quran, a verse is with the name "ROMANS" .... i here quote some initial verses, for your information purpose only..... i wil try to explain em to the best of my ability... but hey, i aint no big scholar or something....

Chapter 30 AL_RUM - (THE ROMANS)

030.001 Alif. Lam. Mim.

030.002 The Romans have been defeated

030.003 In the nearer land, and they, after their defeat will be victorious

030.004 Within ten years - Allah's is the command in the former case and in the latter - and in that day believers will rejoice

030.005 In Allah's help to victory. He helpeth to victory whom He will. He is the Mighty, the Merciful.

030.006 It is a promise of Allah. Allah faileth not His promise, but most of mankind know not.

EXPLANATION for those who are interested in understanding these verses, i;ll be saying few words here....when Holy Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) started to convey the message of Islam , his Initail life was in MEKKAH....at that early time of Prophethood, there were 2 super powers in the world... 1 the Iranians, who worshiped fire.....and 2: the Romans: who were christians......... Mekkah was divided in two sympathy groups...the disbelives were in favour of Iranians ...and the muslims had soft corner for the Christians of Rome...as they were afterall, the book holder...... the war was between these 2 super powers of that time, and Rome fell in to the hands of the Iranian Fire worshippers..... on that few muslims of that time as they were, greived upon this progress, at that moment.... these verses were revelaed by ALLAH ALMIGHTY to giving a pridiction, which although looked almost impossible to be accomplished, telling people that altougth the Romans are defeated, they will be victorious very soon...and that what just happened 9 years latter........there are other specifics about this verse that i wil try to understand too....like the reference to the LAND OF NEAR....that means the land close to ARAB land...like the palestine ...

030.007 They know only some appearance of the life of the world, and are heedless of the Hereafter.

030.008 Have they not pondered upon themselves ? Allah created not the heavens and the earth, and that which is between them, save with truth and for a destined end. But truly many of mankind are disbelievers in the meeting with their Lord.

EXPLANATION ok...here , ALLAH ALMIGHTY is asking the people of all generations, including ours to think and look into the creation of Universe and the things around us and surely if we jsut do that , we shall find the miracles of his creation....Science has done that for us in greater details......

030.009 Have they not travelled in the land and seen the nature of the consequence for those who were before them ? They were stronger than these in power, and they dug the earth and built upon it more than these have built. Messengers of their own came unto them with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty). Surely Allah wronged them not, but they did wrong themselves.

EXPLANATION we still have the remains of all civilisations....... they were surely stronger than most of us at this time, however the verse is directed to the Arab people of the times of HOLY PROPHET (P.B.U.H.)as well saying that ARabs of that time did'nt know how to cultivate land...but surely those whose remains are only here, were certainily aware of land cultivation.... here i would also stress that if one studies the life of HOLY PROPHET (P.B.U.H.), he never left the lands of Arab ever in his early life.......

030.010 Then evil was the consequence to those who dealt in evil, because they denied the revelations of Allah and made a mock of them.

030.011 Allah produceth creation, then He reproduceth it, then unto Him ye will be returned.

030.012 And in the day when the Hour riseth the unrighteous will despair.

030.013 There will be none to intercede for them of those whom they made equal with Allah. And they will reject their partners (whom they ascribed unto Him).

030.014 In the day when the Hour cometh, in that day they will be sundered.

030.015 As for those who believed and did good works, they will be made happy in a Garden.

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah, but the Holy Book doesn't really explain it that way. Why is the Holy Book wrong then? (Prehaps because it was written by humans, (humans, not God) about 2000 years ago when people had no idea about anything, especially not things like Big Bang and such? Well... Could be...)

......about the origin of life on earth....and the begining...i did post a thread a while back..... please check it out http://www.creedfeed.com/community/s...ad.php?t=10783

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Why not? You're more than welcome to speak your own opinions, not just your religions! I mean... No one, who hasn't been brainwashed, can let someone explain one story, and one story only, about how the world was created and how everything works, and then just go; "Okay, if you say so"...

i belived your 3rd question from the initial post was refered from Bible.... so i didnt anwer that....

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Can you honestly say that you believe everything your religion has tought you? Come on Bilal, what do you think?

what do i think? .... i think living with doubt is the biggest crime anyone can commit against himself...... i mean, i admire you that you are actually questioning and speaking your mind.... your way better than a person that say he is RElgious but has doubts.... i , thank To MY LORD ALMIGHTY dont carry any such doubts...i havebeen questioning my fait eversince i could..... and i have never been disappointed...you see, no matter what relgion people here belong to, we all have one thing in common and that is FAITH.....and that makes us strong....