++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-24-2004, 10:24 AM   #1
jarofsap
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Jerry Cantrell's take on Creed

Jerry Cantrell did an interview with popmatters.com on Dec. 26, 2002. In it he talked about the release of the two-disc version of his album 'Degradation Trip,' and he also talked about how he was treated by the members of Creed while he toured with them for two months.

http://www.popmatters.com/music/inte...y-021226.shtml

I'm crawling back to start
- Layne Staley (Rotten Apple)
Old 05-24-2004, 10:33 AM   #2
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jarofsap) Jerry Cantrell did an interview with popmatters.com on Dec. 26, 2002. In it he talked about the release of the two-disc version of his album 'Degradation Trip,' and he also talked about how he was treated by the members of Creed while he toured with them for two months.

http://www.popmatters.com/music/inte...y-021226.shtml

well that is obviously how he feels and there is probably a bit of truth to what he is saying. why the the guys from creed didn't say boo to him all tour i have no idea. there must be some sort of logical explanation for not saying hello to a band you requested.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 05-24-2004, 02:19 PM   #3
Shadow
USER INFO »
I've heard other bands they have toured with say the same thing. It's nice to hear that it's just not one band member, in particular, they pinpoint for not being personable.

Maybe Creed never crossed paths with Cantrell. Unfortunately Nickelback wasn't on tour with them when I saw them. I saw Cantrell, but I can't even remember who else played that night.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:26 PM   #4
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
I know of a specific incident when Creed was rude to an opening band as well. The story I heard specifically refers to Stapp being the ass. I don't want to spread rumors though which is why I've never said this before. I say take it was you will. From my opinion, as long as the music is good, I'll listen.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 05-24-2004, 03:20 PM   #5
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Wow. That sucks. I'm sure they had to have "crossed paths" as they'd be backstage with each other before and after every show, and sound checks, and what have you. But, it isn't really any secret that Stapp has an extremely big head and is a bit full of himself.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 05-24-2004, 03:32 PM   #6
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
This has been posted here Numerous times... why are we bringing it up again?

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 05-24-2004, 05:01 PM   #7
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
another opportunity to use this pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OldNews.JPG (18.2 KB, 813 views)
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 05-24-2004, 05:21 PM   #8
Shadow
USER INFO »

It's good to have some humor around here!
Old 05-25-2004, 02:49 AM   #9
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Dont feel bad, there are dead horses laying all over this board, currently getting the bejeasus beaten outta them. Steve, is there any way you can stop a topic from being mentioned more than 30 times?

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 05-25-2004, 06:06 PM   #10
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Hehe...

That must be the most asked question in every interview people do with bands that have toured with Creed.....come on tell us....Scott Stapp's an asshole isn't he. Give us the dirt. If I was being interviewed and all they wanted to know was Stapp's asshole factor, I'd be ticked off. But for every horror story you find...there just the opposite.

An interview with Chris Henderson of 3 Doors Down......

CB: Creed’s lead singer, Scott Stapp, has a fairly negative reputation in the media. What was your impression of him?

CH: I don’t see where he got it. He’s a super nice guy. I never saw him mistreat anybody. He’s a little stand-offish, but he’s the lead singer for one of the most successful rock bands in the country. You’d be stand-offish too if everybody wanted a piece of you.

A Metal-Sludge.com interview with Kevin Quinn of American Pearl......

"When you guys played with Creed, where you allowed to speak to Scott Stapp? A. Allowed? Whatda I look like? An Asshole? We're all good wit each other, I talked to him...he's cool!

And another question I thought was priceless.....Other than Creed, who's the most overrated band today? A. Who says they are overrated? Show me any band that's sold 10 million records and they gotta have something goin....The cream rises.

And here's something thrown in for you 3 Doors Down fans.....
You guys toured with 3 Doors Down. Do you have any idea how an average bar band like that with no image when platinum 4 times? A. Cause they are a great fucking band w/great songs, what else ya need?

See if you make the effort to look....it isn't all negative.

P.S. I did find a gripe by some waitress somewhere about Stapp, but she also said he was joined by a friend who was just as obnoxious.....ordered a Budweiser.....I wonder who that would be? Huh, huh?
Old 05-25-2004, 06:19 PM   #11
Echelon122
USER INFO »
I think it'd depend on the situation. You rarely hear bad things about 3DD guys, cause they're really down to earth and nice.

As far as Cantrell....I wonder how standoffish and stuck up he and his band acted. My impression of them in concert was less than great...and when I actually saw them in Moline...they acted like they were "the shit" of the music scene. They walked right past fans without so much as a glance....that's shitty no matter who does it.

Everyone has off days, everyone has days they don't want to be bothered. I've heard more bad than good stories about Stapp....but *shrug*

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:24 AM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122)
As far as Cantrell....I wonder how standoffish and stuck up he and his band acted. My impression of them in concert was less than great...and when I actually saw them in Moline...they acted like they were "the shit" of the music scene. They walked right past fans without so much as a glance....that's shitty no matter who does it.
You must have caught him on a bad day. Maybe it was right after Layne Staley died. In any event, just as you said, they have good and bad days. I saw Jerry Cantrell three times that year and he kicked ass each time and was grateful and very appreciative of the crowds. You should hear the boot of the show at the World in NYC on 11/08/02. He thanks the crowd countless times for coming out and giving him and his band such a great reception. Same thing in Philly and in Connecticut, about how those towns have been so good to him over the years. I've heard more good than bad about Jerry. *shrugs*

And as for his thoughts on Creed, he was asked a question and he answered it as tactfully as he could. That's one thing about Jerry, he won't BS people.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:30 AM   #13
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
the thing about this situation is that we know Creed and particulary Scott were so sought after and were so busy, being the biggest band in the world and all. However you can see some AIC influence in Creed I believe and if you invite someone to tour with you at least have a couple of drinks and thank them for the inspiration.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 05-26-2004, 11:52 AM   #14
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Oh….its not hard to find bad things about Stapp….the question is, how much of it is actually true? A couple of DJ’s here do this thing with Google….I love (insert your name here), and I hate (insert your name here). Just out of curiousity…I did it myself

I hate Scott Stapp – 2,320
I love Scott Stapp – 9,880

I hate Saddam Hussein pulled up 297,000…..so I guess Stapp isn’t the most hated man in the world, though you wouldn’t guess that based on how much some Creed fans delight in digging up any dirt they possibly can on the dude.

Come on….doesn’t anybody want to guess who the equally obnoxious dude was in the bar that the waitress was bitchin about? The one who ordered the BUDWEISER?

P.S. I even put my own name in Google….and there are even people out there that HATE me!
Old 05-26-2004, 12:11 PM   #15
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Quote: doesn’t anybody want to guess who the equally obnoxious dude was in the bar that the waitress was bitchin about?

Sure, I'll take a stab at it. Uhmm...... could it be......... Henry Gutierrez?

Don't know. Wasn't there. But you asked for guesses so I gave you mine.