++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-16-2006, 09:49 PM   #106
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp Confesses

Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) I have to laugh at those who now claim that Mark, Flip, management, etc. did nothing to help Stapp with his problem. To them I would like to post a little reminder: Cameron paid for one of Stapp's many rehab sints (so much for not helping.) And then he had to sue Stapp to get his money back; that's how grateful Stapp was for the help.)

I wouldn't want to pay for help to get unaddicted to something that Hanson and Cameron bullied me into taking so they could make their cut of the profits. Wonder how much money Hanson Management made from the fact that the Tour rolled on? Funny though, now Hanson is selling his Creed records on Ebay.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:55 PM   #107
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) yeah, Stapp had better be saving HIS money as well...and he may need to choose some LESS expensive leather pants...

Actually, I have watched most of the interviews he's done, and he appears to have ditched the leather pants. I think the Stapp of today is coming from a bit of a different place.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:29 PM   #108
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) No one is blaming the other band members for his decisions... but they are criticizing their desires while their bandmate was obviously suffering. I mean, if they really cared and recognized that Stapp needed help... they could have, collectively, decided to postpone the tour in order to encourage Stapp to sober up and rest. How hard is that? Towards the last days of the Weathered Tour, Stapp looked terrible... it was obvious that something was wrong with him.
Well, we all live in the real world, I don't know about you. You're whole outlook on this strikes me as really naive. Sorry, we just disagree.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:49 PM   #109
evyllsummer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) Actually, I have watched most of the interviews he's done, and he appears to have ditched the leather pants. I think the Stapp of today is coming from a bit of a different place.

so, I guess that the Stapp in the video to TGD isn't the Stapp of "today", then?
Old 01-17-2006, 12:26 AM   #110
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Well, we all live in the real world, I don't know about you. You're whole outlook on this strikes me as really naive. Sorry, we just disagree.

There's nothing "naive" about thinking that people should have the common courtesy to care about one and another. For me to say that the rest of band and management were not being a bit greedy, I suppose, would warrant you to label me as "naive."

Last edited by Chase : 01-17-2006 at 12:28 AM.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:36 AM   #111
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) There's nothing "naive" about thinking that people should have the common courtesy to care about one and another. For me to say that the rest of band and management were not being a bit greedy, I suppose, would warrant you to label me as "naive."
Once again, you are assuming the rest of the band didn't care about Stapp. You don't know that. So yeah, I think your outlook on the situation is naive.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:43 AM   #112
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Even though I think thats too hard to try help someone who dont want to be helped (and I think this was Stapp's case) ...honestly saying -'having common courtesy to to care about one and another' doesnt work when (much) money is involved. This is a fact.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 01-17-2006 at 07:45 AM.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:33 AM   #113
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »

I'm positive they did everything they could to help Stapp until they had to let him go... it wasn't working, Stapp didn't want to be helped, he wasn't ready for that.

Maybe the best thing was to be left alone so reality could strike him. It didn't seem to work though... but I hope now he's engaged and is starting his new career he can make it.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:00 AM   #114
evyllsummer
USER INFO »

Quote: I wouldn't want to pay for help to get unaddicted to something that Hanson and Cameron bullied me into taking so they could make their cut of the profits.

so, if what you're saying is true, then Stapp has no problem TAKING the help, he just doesn't want to PAY for it? Is Stapp the "victim" of the band's "bullying"? If so, why would he take the help at all if he didn't want it?

In any case, I must commend you on being able to immediately place the responsibility of Stapp's drug addiction at someone ELSE'S feet after only a week or so ago arguing that there were no other drugs involved other than prednisone and alcohol...that must have taken some quick adjustment...here it is, by the way...this was your response to my question asking you if you believed that prednisone was the only drug involved:

Quote: I don't have an impression about anything....I'm sure that alcohol played a part in the equation. Alot of people drink when they are depressed. That is a side effect of use of the drug prednisone....depression. Being treated by a physician that can no longer practice medicine probably didn't help either. He had Ozzy Osbourne on anti-psychotics. Now Ozzy is a weird guy, but I don't get the idea that he is psychotic. But hey, he kept Ozzy singing, so why not let him pump Stapp full of crap to keep him going too. Good thing Ozzy sued, or the guy would still be practicing medicine. I've had family members who had to take prednisone. What it does to a person's personality isn't pretty. And they weren't on it for months on end. Stapp is lucky he didn't die.

Last edited by evyllsummer : 01-17-2006 at 08:07 AM.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:00 AM   #115
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Once again, you are assuming the rest of the band didn't care about Stapp. You don't know that. So yeah, I think your outlook on the situation is naive.

exactly.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:49 AM   #116
The Lithium
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bobben) Well...if Stapp really show that he's up on his legs again and is through with his problems, then Mark have to forgive him at some point...or has he lost his whole faith in Stapp forever?! If so, then Mark's a very weak man!
Well, yeah, I guess the has lost his faith in Stapp. But that doesn't have to mean he can't forgive him? He said he already has. Long time ago. But he just don't wanna play with the guy! He's happy with Myles and Alter Bridge. Why would he want to look back in anger?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Maybe the best thing was to be left alone so reality could strike him. It didn't seem to work though... but I hope now he's engaged and is starting his new career he can make it.
Yeah, but sadly enough, that man spent the top of his career drunk in a tour buss.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-17-2006, 12:26 PM   #117
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Well, yeah, I guess the has lost his faith in Stapp. But that doesn't have to mean he can't forgive him? He said he already has. Long time ago. But he just don't wanna play with the guy! He's happy with Myles and Alter Bridge. Why would he want to look back in anger?

Yeah, but sadly enough, that man spent the top of his career drunk in a tour buss.

Actually, it seems like he was more drunk in bars...
Old 01-17-2006, 12:55 PM   #118
The Lithium
USER INFO »

Yeah, whatever... You get my point...

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-18-2006, 10:34 AM   #119
crest tattoo
USER INFO »

The saying "you don't know the half of it" really rings true here guys. We really don't know much of what happens at all, only what some people "choose" to release. I think it's time to give the guy a break. He's confessed and is trying to move on. I hope God is with him.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:40 AM   #120
creedlvr
USER INFO »

Wow! I guess I came in pretty late in all of this!

I feel really sad to see how messed up Stapp was/is. Hopefully, he will get it together now. I haven't been happy with the stuff I've been reading about him lately and found myself thinking ... "What the F is this guy's problem?? He's just acting like such a screw up and is ruining his life ... and his son's!" I'm not happy to hear he had been doing drugs and drinking so heavily for so long, but at least it explains a lot. I just REALLY hope he can stay sober now. I think that talking about it .... FINALLY .... may be the key. As they say ... the first step is admitting it. I WISH HIM MUCH LUCK ... for his sake and for his son's.

As far as the blame-game goes ...
I really didn't get that from the article. By coming clean, I think Stapp did take much of the blame. I think he was trying to be as honest as possible. I felt a different kind of humbleness to the article that I didn't always feel in reading other articles.

I agree that the troubles started because of Stapp. I believe that he inflates his problems. I'm sure that feeling like the band was hated because of him, his divorce, health problems, etc. pushed him to a point where he felt alone and depressed ... but he does seem to go through this self-destruction pattern over and over ... as indicated by his early days/writings - MOP- of hitting a very low point and then realizing it and trying to get back on track. Then again ... as indicated by his "Relearn Love" time period. Now, here we are again. I love the guy ... but, he needs to clean up .... ONCE AND FOR ALL!!! It's getting old. He's an adult with responsibilities (his son!) and he NEEDS to pull it together. He's burned a lot of bridges and it may not be possible to mend all of them. Hopefully, he will be able to mend most of them ... at least the important ones.

As for the rest of the band...
I don't think it's any secret that I am not a fan. I do, however, see how it could get very old .... trying to help someone that doesn't want help (if they did, in fact, try to help), or stand up there and have to cover for a guy who's acting like a total ass.

On the other side, I don't believe that no one else played a part in this. I think there is at least some truth to "others" being a bit self-serving. I agree that you can't help someone who doesn't want help ... and I agree that it would be easy to make the decision to give up on someone after years of putting up with their nonsense. I do, however, think that Mark was very focused on wanting to do his own thing and that probably made it easier to cut the ties ... a bit of "who needs to deal with this" and a bit of "I want to do my own thing anyway." On one hand, I can't blame him ... but on the other hand, I really don't respect how he's handled things. I'm sure he's probably bitter (and rightfully so) and I understand that his comments about Creed are coming from a place of bad memories based on the bullshit that was going on .... but as a Creed fan, I still don't like hearing it. To me, he just seems a bit too self-serving. Now, I'm not saying that he should have to deal with all the nonsense or that he should be able to work a miracle and help someone who doesn't want it. Only Scott can help Scott ... but someone should have stopped the last tour. I'm not saying it should've been Mark, or that stopping the tour would have fixed everything ... but perhaps it would have kept things from getting as bad as they did. Again ... I realize that Scott is mostly to blame ... but I don't believe that Mark is the poor guy just trying to do what he enjoys the most who was left with no alternative than to give up on his many efforts of trying to help a friend.

I think that Mark can stick with his heavy guitar riffs and Scott can continue to self-destruct if that's what they both choose to do ... but I still say that the result of their music was better when they were together than it is when they're apart. Maybe nobody was happy before ... but the music (and success) was better when they were together.

Hopefully, Scott will get his act together and Mark can ease up on the bitterness and find some forgiveness in his heart. It may not result in a Creed reunion ... but at least it may help everyone find some peace and not forget that some good did come out of Creed and that the memories aren't all bad.

Sorry for the long post. I haven't posted for a while so I figure I made up for it!

Last edited by creedlvr : 01-18-2006 at 02:16 PM. Reason: typo