++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-03-2006, 04:49 PM   #16
Soundslave
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Longevity

ooops double post
Old 01-03-2006, 05:56 PM   #17
evyllsummer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by mattr652) I was just going to go looking for that at article when I started to read the thread.

I really hope:

means that they aren't playing any new songs truely because the next album will be under a different label.

one can only hope...
Old 01-03-2006, 07:00 PM   #18
GregS
USER INFO »

AB will stick with Windup for the 2nd album for sure. For the rest of their bandlife.. who knows ?
Old 01-03-2006, 08:49 PM   #19
SecretWeapon
USER INFO »

Gosh , but i hope that they do switch , AB and WU is really seeming to be a miserable co-exsisance . And btw , how do i know that's a real interview?
Don't articles like that usually have proper spelling/grammer ? That one was loaded with errors and typos ...
Old 01-03-2006, 09:11 PM   #20
RMadd
USER INFO »

ay, i really wish AB would kick WU to the curb as well. i understand Roadrunner Records tends to sign metal bands; seems like they would be a perfect fit (i'm not saying i've heard anything, i'm just putting forth some useless speculation/wishing)

Old 01-03-2006, 10:05 PM   #21
Creed7352
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by SecretWeapon) Gosh , but i hope that they do switch , AB and WU is really seeming to be a miserable co-exsisance . And btw , how do i know that's a real interview?
Don't articles like that usually have proper spelling/grammer ? That one was loaded with errors and typos ...

because it came from a dutch magazine and that is translated literally into english...translations don't always come out the way they should properly be written.

axlar typed it up and has scans if you don't believe me. i don't think he's a member here though, so you might look elsewhere to hunt him down.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:18 PM   #22
titan9
USER INFO »

Given what Mark said in that interview, I kinda doubt WU will want to keep AB around for another album. I can't imagine a label being happy with a member of one of their signed bands bashing them like that. I know I'd be pissed if I were WU's president and heard that coming from Mark's mouth, even if it is the honest to God truth(and I don't doubt it at this point). It's true, WU has given an awful lot of promotion to Stapp.....but who honestly did not expect that? He WAS the frontman for the biggest rock band(outside of U2) in the past 6-8 years. It's been said thousands of times that lead singers are always the most known members in a band. Why wouldn't WU want to capitalize on that fact? They'd be stupid not to. Regardless, they haven't given AB the promotion they deserved. But the same exact thing can be said for Big Dismal, 12 Stones, Submersed, Seven Wiser etc. AB isn't the only band being screwed.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-03-2006, 10:24 PM   #23
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) Well, why would they NOT want promoted? I would LOVE to see the interview where Mark said that he DIDN'T want promoted...as for starting out with smaller venues, they had NO CHOICE...and, as for Mark's opinion of Windup's lack of participation, he made his feelings pretty clear in his last interview...I'll find it...

Look evyllsummer! I said I was probobly wrong! But that I remembered it that way! Don't have to have hard feelings man

I am truly and utterly squashed by that article about them not wanting too much promotion!

But can't AB just releas it themselfs? Or would that be a hole lot of truble for them, I don't know any thing about music law... So... :P But that means that they were filming for a DVD in London this last time! I new it! Hope WU will change their minds about letting AB realse it! (Seeing as their paying it themselfs and all! Idiots!)

And, I must say I realy liked the Stapp Bashing... I know I know many of you will be mad at me but I thought that the bashing was realy... Good :P

I'll burn in hell for this one!
Old 01-03-2006, 10:27 PM   #24
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) I'll burn in hell for this one!

Lol! NO you wont, Roffe! lol
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 01-03-2006, 10:29 PM   #25
GregS
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) ay, i really wish AB would kick WU to the curb as well. i understand Roadrunner Records tends to sign metal bands; seems like they would be a perfect fit (i'm not saying i've heard anything, i'm just putting forth some useless speculation/wishing)

Ye , true RR usually only sign Metal bands but i wouldnt exactly call AB metal. I mean what heavy songs have they got.. Metalingus , Watch your words & One Day Remains i suppose. Thats about it. But if what Mark says is true , the next album being really heavy then its a possibilty for the future.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:45 PM   #26
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) ay, i really wish AB would kick WU to the curb as well. i understand Roadrunner Records tends to sign metal bands; seems like they would be a perfect fit (i'm not saying i've heard anything, i'm just putting forth some useless speculation/wishing)

So technically are you saying that AB needs to choose another label because WU already choosed Stapp?
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 01-03-2006, 11:22 PM   #27
evyllsummer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) Look evyllsummer! I said I was probobly wrong! But that I remembered it that way! Don't have to have hard feelings man

LOL...relax, man, I'm not mad at all, and I certainly don't want to seem that way, I just wanted to clarify what I believe Mark's intentions were. When they were faced with the possibility of either opening for a bigger band and bigger venues or headlining smaller venues, Mark chose to focus on the smaller venues so that he and the rest of AB could be closer to their fans, hang out with them, and so forth. Other than wanting to avoid the Creed connection as much as possible (despite having to deal with the questions all the time), the focus on smaller venues is how Mark wanted to begin. If they had chosen to focus on being an opening act, it may have been more successful in the short term, but I think that Mark was looking at the long term, and wanted to have a strong fan base.

Quote: But can't AB just releas it themselfs? Or would that be a hole lot of truble for them, I don't know any thing about music law... So... :P But that means that they were filming for a DVD in London this last time! I new it! Hope WU will change their minds about letting AB realse it! (Seeing as their paying it themselfs and all! Idiots!)

No, they can't release it themselves apparently...I would imagine that it has something to do with their contract, as Mark clearly stated in that interview that the band would have even funded it themselves. This illustrates just how much WU DOESN'T want to promote AB...when the band offers to pay for the whole thing, and the label STILL won't release it, it would seem that the label has NO intention of helping AB AT ALL, and, in this case, it also seems as if they will even HINDER AB at expense to themselves when at all possible...because, in this case, if the band paid for everything else, and WU were only paying for distribution, WU is the ONLY one in that scenario that is almost GUARANTEED a profit of SOME sort...instead, they would rather see AB fail than to even make ANY money helping them at ALL...

And this is the most infuriating thing about it all...Windup are really more vindictive than they are stupid. They seem to be angry at AB because AB refused Windup's suggestions to take steps to capitalize off of Creed's former success (like they are doing with Stapp currently), so, instead of coming up with another strategy for AB, they seem to be putting a stop to the AB promotion altogether. Then, they got to put their strategy into motion with Stapp, who clearly didn't have a problem with using Creed in his promotion, and Windup is seeing right now that the strategy they had for AB CLEARLY isn't working very well for Stapp, which would prove them WRONG, but, instead of admitting the mistake (and this is where their stupidity IS coming into play), they are going to run themselves into the ground to make Stapp a success at ALL COSTS...hopefully, Windup will ride that strategy out until they're bankrupt...

Last edited by evyllsummer : 01-03-2006 at 11:30 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:22 AM   #28
The Lithium
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by GregS) Ye , true RR usually only sign Metal bands but i wouldnt exactly call AB metal. I mean what heavy songs have they got.. Metalingus , Watch your words & One Day Remains i suppose. Thats about it. But if what Mark says is true , the next album being really heavy then its a possibilty for the future.
RR has bands like Theory Of A Deadman! They're not metal! AB are heavier than those guys are

And I really do hope AB leaves Screw-Up, 'cause they're just... AARRGH, Screw-Up are really missing a chance! I mean, WHY wouldn't they want to release a DVD if the band members payed it? Maybe they should join Sony/BMG in the states as well. Or create their own label, and give themselves ALL the promotion they want! AB would've been huge by now if WU would have promoted them. But I guess Screw-Up doesn't want to spend time or money for the band and for the people who made them, and made them big! (And rich)...

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 01-04-2006 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:09 PM   #29
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) RR has bands like Theory Of A Deadman!

Don't forget Nickelcrap.....

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-04-2006, 04:28 PM   #30
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Thanks Ana! Means alot... :P

Screw screw-up!