++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-30-2008, 03:51 AM   #1
emissarygtrist
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Chicago Show

There was so much controversy over the Chicago show and I do realize that it was years ago, but i still can't help but wonder what really happened. What I don't understand is that thousands of people attended Creed shows in that time frame and they were play to arenas filled will fans. You can find reviews to nearly every Creed show on the internet but I can't find a single fan review from that show. I just find it strange.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:59 PM   #2
nagpo
USER INFO »
Re: Chicago Show

Stapp got drugged out. Made a fool of himself.

thats it.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
crest tattoo
USER INFO »

FIRST AND FOREMOST, I am not bashing. I love Alter Bridge and Stapp both (ok, Stapp a little insy bit more). I don't know if there are still harsh feelings out there because it was pretty hard on the fans. I was there though. Funny to bring it back up. There was so much controversy over it because no true fan wanted to hear about it. We who had attended had to be very careful because we were harshly criticized and like I said, no one wanted to hear it. It was the same reaction as when the girl from creednet announced Mark told her Creed was over. No one wanted to believe it.
Anyway, I was there, and it was very, very bad. We were not in the pit at that show. When the music came on to Bullets (it was how they started the shows), it kept playing and playing and playing. I thought right away, oh no. I had been reading that he was having erotic behavior at some other shows, so I was half expecting it. He was blown up like a balloon from being on prednisone. When they came out, he wasn't singing the right words to the right songs. In Higher, he sang the second verse twice or verse 2 then 1. I can't remember for sure.
After the third of fourth song, he put the mic down and left. Mark waited a minute or so, and then he said, "Ah, apparently Scott had to leave for a minute. I'll be right back." He went backstage and Scott came out eventually in no shoes and no shirt. He had on black leather pants and white socks-no shit. He then sang the worst song of the night, "Whose Got My Back Now?" Mark and Brett Hestla (the temporary bass player) were not looking at Scott at all. They were trying to cover for him. He was lying on his back with his feet in the air. He later tried to say it was because he felt like no one had his back. It was very apparent he wasn't able to even walk. He sat down at times. He sat down on the drum set, covered his head with a towel and sang. I had to literally leave. I had him on a pedestal, I admit. It was my fourth Creed concert, and I was loving them. A friend I met shortly before this was on the rail and wouldn't even talk for days to me.
After that concert, there was one more on New Year's Eve. His parents flew in because obviously everyone in the band was humiliated and angry. That concert was pulled off perfectly, so they went out with a bang. It was said he went into rehab after that, but time has shown differently. I do hope he's sober now and making a difference. He has a gift.
Any more questions? I still love Creed and think one day...
Old 10-31-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
nagpo
USER INFO »

he's sober now.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:28 PM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Wow, what a blast from the past. That was a tough time in Creed's history for sure, and yes, debate was heated here and on other boards. I was at the NYE show, and it was indeed flawless. So much has happened and been reported on about Creed/Stapp since then. I do remember the show at Penn State, about a month or so before Chicago, and Stapp was pretty pissed off/animated, even dropping some f-bombs that offended a number of people in the pit. The show was rife with technical problems and started almost an hour late. Power was lost after the second or third song for 15 minutes or so, and that set him off as well. Then he got pissed because the crowd (only about half of the Bryce Jordan Center was filled) wouldn't stand. He went backstage and said he wouldn't come out until everybody stood up and started acting like they were at a rock concert. I actually thought it was refreshing. At least I found out that the man was human .
Old 11-02-2008, 10:12 AM   #6
crest tattoo
USER INFO »

I remember those reviews as well! Wow, a blast from the past is right! It reminded me that at that Chicago show, there was actual booing! I couldn't believe it!
Old 11-02-2008, 08:36 PM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

I know! I remember reading all of the comments about Chicago. I just remember stunned faces in the pit after the f-bombs. There was a mom in the pit with her 12-year-old kid and she was just appalled. She couldn't stop talking about it, lol.