++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-29-2006, 03:01 PM   #1
emissarygtrist
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Name

I think if Scott Stapp would have not gone by his name and instead had a band name for him and his band he would have been more succesful.... way more! A lot of people use to say I like creed but I don't like the lead singer. Well if the band had a different name I think alot of those people who didn't like stapp but liked creed songs would have purchased the great divide.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:58 PM   #2
titan9
USER INFO »
Re: Name

Definitely an interesting thought, but I kinda disagree. I think the biggest problem is a lot of people don't know he is solo now. I was just talking to a couple of borderline Creed fans the other day while golfing and neither really knew that Creed broke up. The one that did thought they broke up this year because of Stapp's fight with 311. I of course explained everything to them, but, still, I'm sure a lot of people don't know it. For how successful Creed was, it's really surprising that the news wasn't bigger, that it didn't receive greater coverage. I'm thinking by the time AB releases their new album, and Stapp releases his second, more people will realize that Creed is over.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 06-29-2006, 06:51 PM   #3
metalchris25
USER INFO »

I dont think it would have made any difference. The people who don't like Scott seriously don't like him, and wouldn't have bought the album when they found out it was him singing.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:43 AM   #4
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

I can't count the number of times I've heard people, television shows and movies make fun of CREED.

If when they joke about CREED they're refering to Scott Stapp, maybe a band name might have helped.

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by eusebioCBR : 06-30-2006 at 03:20 AM.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:35 PM   #5
emissarygtrist
USER INFO »

Well, everyone I've let hear the Stapp stuff says.. who is that, but when I tell them it's Scott Stapp or they see it's him they reply "I don't like Scott Stapp." So, I really do think, from my own personal opinion, that a band name would have helped a lot!!!
Old 07-01-2006, 10:53 AM   #6
Finaldecision
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) I can't count the number of times I've heard people, television shows and movies make fun of CREED.

If when they joke about CREED they're refering to Scott Stapp, maybe a band name might have helped.

In which movie anyone makes fun of Creed?!
Old 07-01-2006, 11:03 AM   #7
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

off the top of my head, "Without a Paddle", when the guys hear the music in the woods and think it sounds like CREED. Then one of the guys said, "I never thought I'd be happy to hear anything that sounds like CREED".

I also hear comedians and radio shows making fun of CREED.

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by eusebioCBR : 07-03-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:24 AM   #8
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Leno cracked on them for a while.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:23 PM   #9
titan9
USER INFO »

Don't forget that one episode of this lame TV show called 8 Simple Rules. David Spade said something along the lines of "I know how to make them pay....ground them and make them listen to Creed..no, scratch that. Just make them listen to Creed."

I was actually having a discussion with one of my brothers the other day. He owns the "Human Clay" album, but didn't really like Creed outside of one of their songs. Anyway, we were talking about Pearl Jam(more specifically Eddie Vedder) and, you guessed it, Stapp's name came up because my bro said something along the lines of "you know, Stapp always got that Vedder comparison". I of course pointed out the fact that aside from them both being baritones, aside from them both sort of slurring the words, they really aren't that similiar and that the people who make that comparison are, well, crazy. I cannot count the number of times I've heard the term "Pearl Jam-clones" used to describe Creed. And it upsets me because it's ridiculous. Creed was a lot better than a lot of people give them credit for. Listen to "My Own Prison" from front to back and you'll see this. Sadly, people would rather continue to be ignorant and thus "cool" by bashing Creed.

and not giving them a fair chance. One of my other bros used to be this way. That is until I told him to listen to some of their best songs, the "My Own Prison"/"Human Clay" era stuff. I asked him a while after that what he thought of Creed. His response? "They were good, a lot better than most of the bands on the radio today". I can only hope that more people will give Creed's music a chance. Sadly, I don't expect it to happen. Which doesn't bother me that much. People will like and believe what they will. I'm not ashamed to be a Scott Stapp fan or a Creed fan or a Alter Bridge fan. If people bring any of the three up, I will say what a fan I am of the music. I cannot defend the individual member's actions. Sometimes this leads to me being made fun of for being a fan, othertimes it leads to a discussion with a fellow fan. In any case, I'm willing to discuss. I'm not going to defend Stapp's stupid behavior, but I will stand behind the music.

Old 07-04-2006, 12:15 AM   #10
metalchris25
USER INFO »

that whole pearl jam clones thing is just stupid. they sound NOTHING alike.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:34 PM   #11
StappsSaviour
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to StappsSaviour Send a message via MSN to StappsSaviour Send a message via Yahoo to StappsSaviour

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) I can't count the number of times I've heard people, television shows and movies make fun of CREED.

yes...
about a year and a half or 2 years ago i watched this programme called Hype.
and man did they diss scott stapp...
saying he sounded like eddy vedder (untrue) and that he was to sit by a rubbish can with chriss cornel etc!!!
i got kinda angry...

it sux but oh well

nuthing can be done about it.

Dedicated to a lost soul now found
My oldest brother

Nathan Kenneth Malcom Williams

Even Though You're Gone, You Still Mean The World To Me
11.08.1987-12.06.2005

I will love you and honour your memory always.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:02 AM   #12
RelearningLove
USER INFO »

They can say all the shit they want but record sales speak...
Old 08-10-2006, 06:16 PM   #13
StappsSaviour
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to StappsSaviour Send a message via MSN to StappsSaviour Send a message via Yahoo to StappsSaviour

yea exactly!!!
so true.

does anyone know any total sales of the albums (Creeds, Alter Bridge, Scott Stapp) throughout the world?

Dedicated to a lost soul now found
My oldest brother

Nathan Kenneth Malcom Williams

Even Though You're Gone, You Still Mean The World To Me
11.08.1987-12.06.2005

I will love you and honour your memory always.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:12 AM   #14
titan9
USER INFO »

I know Creed's was anywhere from 20-35 million worldwide. I'm not really sure about AB's, but I'd say it's probably anywhere from 750K-1 million. Probably roughly the same for Stapp.