++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-15-2003, 07:40 AM   #16
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
I too could easily look at Scott - that sweet smile, soulful eyes, watch that passionate charismatic body move across the stage...
However, I could also just listen to that powerful and angelic voice in the dark 24/7.
AND...I would love the opportunity to sit down with him for a simple chat over a beer or to take a walk on the beach.  To learn more about this person that exudes such transparent feelings about living life honestly and passionately - to personally say THANK YOU for all the healing energy and uplifting messages that you share!

Me too, souldancer. There are times I listen to Creed with my eyes closed, especially certain songs, just to really tune in and focus on his voice. I would love to get to know him more as a person myself. He seems to have such a wonderful spirit and soul, those qualities and more just make you want to be close to him.

Relearn Love
Old 02-15-2003, 06:29 PM   #17
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I agree too! I sometimes feel like after everything I've read and learned about him, that I really do know him personally. It's kind of weird because I don't feel like I'm just obsessed with this band and their music ... but I ... (okay, don't laugh at me!) ... but I almost feel like Scott is my friend. (I told you not to laugh at me!)

Seriously though, he just shares SO much of himself. It's like you know him. Sometimes I have thought the same thing ... that I just want to sit down and talk to him. I just want to tell him what a great person I think he is. I feel like he needs someone to tell him everything is going to be alright and he shouldn't get so ... I don't know ... emotional ... or depressed ... or whatever it is that he gets.

At the NYE concert, when he sang WAWO and started to cry ... I swear ... I felt like I just wanted to run up on the stage and give him a great, big hug!
Old 02-15-2003, 09:04 PM   #18
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I know what you mean, creedlvr. I didn't laugh by the way because I feel the same way. I care about all of them as people and not just because they're my favorite band. Now's your turn to laught at me. But that's the way I feel because they give so much of themselves to the fans. I wish all the best for them.

I was at the NYE concert too and I've been to my share of concerts and I've never experienced a singer/band share so much of themselves as Scott did that night. And you're right, when he sang WAWO, I was amazed at the emotion he showed. I wished I could have given him a hug, too.

Relearn Love
Old 02-15-2003, 09:13 PM   #19
JenRN
USER INFO »
I am so glad you all feel the same way I do. I feel such a closeness to him it is scary sometimes. I am so intune with his lyrics I feel like he is in my soul, it is a great feeling. I hope someday I can meet him and talk with him, all joking aside I really think he is wonderful, it would be a dream for me to sit next to him and talk!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 02-15-2003, 09:19 PM   #20
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings. At least I know I'm not crazy for feeling this way. Glad to see others do too!

And ...
thanks for not laughing at me, too!!
Old 02-15-2003, 09:20 PM   #21
Kim V.
USER INFO »
You guys are right on the money with all you said. They all seem like guys you'd like to just hang out with, because they let you see the "real" side of them, especially Scott. He is so transparent and real, like no other singer; I've never felt such emotion and that connection you feel hearing his voice, and seeing him live in concert is second to none too.

I was there NYE too, and I soooo wanted to just give him a big hug when he cried during WAWO, to let him know it's OK, that he's loved and cared about. What a guy......

JUST GIVE LOVE TO ALL -- Scott Stapp

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 02-15-2003, 09:27 PM   #22
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
I am so glad you all feel the same way I do.  I feel such a closeness to him it is scary sometimes.  I am so intune with his lyrics I feel like he is in my soul, it is a great feeling.  I hope someday I can meet him and talk with him, all joking aside I really think he is wonderful, it would be a dream for me to sit next to him and talk!

Exactly, Jen; it's scary sometimes to feel so close to someone you've never met personally; but he shares so much of himself that you feel like you know him, that if you did get to meet him, he would be so easy to talk to about your deepest thoughts, etc. I dream about meeting him too, I think it would be so cool.

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 02-16-2003, 12:42 AM   #23
souldancer
USER INFO »
Yes...what a gift he gives - by refreshingly being real, all that he sings about....which is why the whole friggin reaction to Chicago totally flipped me out! arghhhhhhh...anyway, - you gals are so right...I didn't laugh at all - there is such an honest depth to him that is so personable. A gift I truly appreciate - as I do you gals!
Old 02-16-2003, 04:08 PM   #24
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by creedlvr
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings.  At least I know I'm not crazy for feeling this way.  Glad to see others do too!

And ...
thanks for not laughing at me, too!!

Me too, creedlvr. I sometimes think, am I crazy to feel like this?! So I'm happy to here all of you feel the same. Like everyone else, I would love to meet him. It would definitely be a dream come true!!

Relearn Love
Old 02-16-2003, 05:13 PM   #25
draperpam
USER INFO »
My family totally thinks I am obsessed because when I talk about Scott or Creed in general, I sound like I have known them all my life. I really don't feel like I'm obsessed, I just love everything Scott stands for. He really pours himself into all of his music and performances - how could you not love Scott! But likewise, I can listen to their music all day without looking at him - it's just eye candy when I can catch a peek!

Def Leppard is awesome! The first time I seen them was in Memphis in the early eighties with Ozzy. Ozzy was terrible and left the stage and Def Leppard came back out to finish the show. Since, I've seen them probably 7 or 8 times. I really admire them and Creedlvr I had a major crush on Joe Elliott also!
Old 02-16-2003, 08:29 PM   #26
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Great! Glad to hear it! I don't know ... it was just something about him (Joe) ... I was pretty obsessed. Oddly though, I've never been to one of their concerts. I really would like to get to one. Do you know if they still sing a lot of the older stuff??
Old 02-18-2003, 08:01 AM   #27
draperpam
USER INFO »
The last time I seen them they did play a lot of old and new stuff. Thats been a couple of years back. That's what happens when you get old (38) the years seem to run together!
Old 02-18-2003, 08:03 AM   #28
tremontigirltpa
USER INFO »
I personally could look at Mark all day - with those biceps and that sexy look he does when he is playing the guitar - I wish it was me....

When you are with me I’m free…I’m careless…I believe
Old 02-20-2003, 12:34 AM   #29
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I could look at Scott all day long with no problem. I have a poster hanging up in my laundry room of the band because that is where I spend most of my time. I am not one to hang posters up all over my house, but that seemed like the perfect place to put one.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:49 AM   #30
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Whoohoo!! LMAO, hotforscott!!!

Relearn Love