++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-10-2003, 04:38 PM   #1
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
1/17 Stapp Interview on Q101 Radio... Chicago

Supposedly he's to be interviewed by syndicated radio host "Mancow." All that I know is he's Chicago-based and some have said he's a pro-Creed kinda guy (always good, eh?) But he's also been quite critical of the infamous Chicago show (i.e.: reasonable Creed fan).

It's supposed to be next Friday, Jan 17. No idea what time it'll be on, but I'm sure the radio station will provide more info next week. Check out www.q101.com I guess.

I think this radio interview will be a very defining moment for Creed and Stapp in particular. I sincerely hope there will be (at least) an apology.

Anyway, just FYI.

Nicholas
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-10-2003, 05:17 PM   #2
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
If there is a real apology will you stop complaining? I don't mean to be nasty or sarcastic, but it's a question that I feel deserves an answer.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-10-2003, 05:26 PM   #3
velocityidp
USER INFO »
All I've ever wanted was the bare minimum: an apology for that night of disrespect for the fans. Nothing more!

If he apologizes and takes full responsibility for his actions, I am ready and willing to forgive and forget. Thousands of other Chicago concert-goers, I'm sure, are just as willing.

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-16-2003, 02:47 AM   #4
sexigurly2_1
USER INFO »
Re: 1/17 Stapp Interview on Q101 Radio... Chicago

Quote: Originally posted by velocityidp
<b>Supposedly he's to be interviewed by syndicated radio host "Mancow." All that I know is he's Chicago-based and some have said he's a pro-Creed kinda guy (always good, eh?) But he's also been quite critical of the infamous Chicago show (i.e.: reasonable Creed fan).

It's supposed to be next Friday, Jan 17. No idea what time it'll be on, but I'm sure the radio station will provide more info next week. Check out www.q101.com I guess.

I think this radio interview will be a very defining moment for Creed and Stapp in particular. I sincerely hope there will be (at least) an apology. &nbsp;

Anyway, just FYI.

Nicholas </b>

If I don't live in chicago where can I listen to the interview? I live all the way in Bayonne New Jersey. I love scott and I really need to know where I can hear his voice!
Old 01-16-2003, 03:44 AM   #5
hotforscott
USER INFO »
There is a thread somewhere that Debs4Creed posted that has several stations it will be played on. I am unaware of the exact title, but I would search the threads for anything related. It could be titled: Mancow, apology, interview, etc. Good Luck!
Old 01-16-2003, 09:08 AM   #6
whocares
Banned
USER INFO »
Apology???

Do the people of chicago think an apology will change the fact the scott had a bad night??? I think that these people feel that an apology will be a basis for them to say""I told you so"". This whole subject is getting really old. Get on with it!! Your gonna get your show, If I was scott, I wouldnt mention a damn thing about chicago. Talking about fueling the fire. I wouldnt get your hopes up about getting an apology either.
Old 01-16-2003, 09:15 AM   #7
JenRN
USER INFO »
Can you imagine apologizing EVERYTIME you had a bad day, I agree it is done being discussed on here(hopefully) and time to MOVE ON!!!!!!!! Cut the guy some slack!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-16-2003, 10:05 AM   #8
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: Can you imagine apologizing EVERYTIME you had a bad day
LOL... a bad day would be having voice problems or something of that nature. Being completely drunk on stage is much more than "just a bad day." Come on. You know that.

Quote: Do the people of chicago think an apology will change the fact the scott had a bad night???
No, but that's not the point at all. People can understand if he was drunk on stage due to his personal problems, but they (I) CAN NOT accept the scenario of no apology. Do you see the distinction there?

An apology is the absolute *least* that can be done. It would at least let us know Scott understands and respects us, and not just the money we give him. That is the real issue, and that is why this event should be considered very important to the Creed/fan relationship.

Quote: I think that these people feel that an apology will be a basis for them to say""I told you so"". This whole subject is getting really old. Get on with it!!

1) If the subject is getting old, why are you posting about it? Don't expect me not to reply when you bring something up.

2) As for "I told you so"... that simply doesn't make any sense. People are saying "I told you so" right now, in that "I told you Scott doesn't really care about the fans."

An apology nullifies that arguement. So, in short, you have it backward. Think about it.

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-16-2003, 11:20 AM   #9
goddess_bb
USER INFO »
Okay, maybe this is me being wierd needing to balance the scales..I am sorry for the Chicago fans who feel they were cheated..but Damn, Scott has such an incrediably crappy year..think about it..from car wreaks to promblems with his voice to a ex-wife smacking him..etc...maybe everyone should take a step back and remember he but a mortal man who made a mistake and let it go....
Someone tries to hide himself
Down inside himself he prays
Someone swears his true love
Until the end of time
Another runs away
Separate or united
Empty or insane
And be yourself is all that you can do
All that you can do

Be Yourself~Audioslave

~Ignore me, I dare you~
Old 01-16-2003, 11:27 AM   #10
JenRN
USER INFO »
Get Over It Velocityidp!!!!!!!! Take it up with people who can do something about it! E-mail Jeff Hanson or CreedINK us fans have nothing to do with an apology or excuse!! YOU KNOW THAT!:madder:

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-16-2003, 11:29 AM   #11
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: maybe everyone should take a step back and remember he but a mortal man who made a mistake and let it go

OK, I'm going to repeat myself I think for the 14th time on this board: we can understand his mistake, but we cannot understand the lack of apology. Can you see the distinction?

I would agree with your argument if people were to continue criticizing him AFTER an apology was issued. But, no such apology has yet been issued by Stapp.

In the mean time, us fans are left to only believe that Scott (and the band) does not care about the fans, and only the millions of dollars we give to the band. This *is* a serious situation, and my only hope is that Scott shows respect and understanding to his fans and rectifies the situation with a real apology and takes full responsibility.

Quote: Damn, Scott has such an incrediably crappy year..think about it..from car wreaks to promblems with his voice to a ex-wife smacking him..etc...
I agree, he's had a tough year, and I can understand (to some extent) why he blundered so badly in Chicago. But keep in mind that extreme blunder didn't just affect him -- it affected EVERYONE in that stadium. Thus, he has an ethical and moral responsibility to at *least* provide an apology without excuse.

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-16-2003, 11:35 AM   #12
JenRN
USER INFO »
Ok Ok OK.... Hell if I could apologize for him to get this topic taken care of I would! The point you made about them not caring about the fans........ Man you are DEAD WRONG!!!! The rest of the band pulled through for him and played like the awesome band they are, they went on to "make the best of it" for YOU THE FANS!!!!!!!!! They could of easily said "we are out of here" but they did not! They stuck it out and did the best the could with a bad situation FOR THE FANS!!!!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-16-2003, 11:37 AM   #13
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Some people must not have read my thread( Please Read) It stated we all have different opinions and that we agree to disagree on certain subjects.
With that being said LETS BE POSITIVE.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:37 AM   #14
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: Get Over It Velocityidp!!!!!!!!
If an apology is given on Friday, I -- in good conscience -- can. Otherwise, it will hang over the band's head indefinately. That's not a good thing for Creed, and it would be their own doing, not mine.

Quote: Take it up with people who can do something about it! E-mail Jeff Hanson or CreedINK us fans have nothing to do with an apology or excuse!! YOU KNOW THAT!
I'm not going to take it up with them, because I really don't care what they think. This is Scott's responsibility -- nobody else can rectify this issue.

This is a message board, and people discuss what is on their mind. If you don't want to participate in the discussion, don't. It's your choice to keep posting and taking everything personally.

When I sent out the over 300 messages of support I gathered to Scott, I also wrote a bit about this issue. I would hope that he knows in his heart was is the (obvious) right thing to do, but if not, I would hope this discussion would sway his view of this important situation.

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-16-2003, 11:38 AM   #15
goddess_bb
USER INFO »
I got your point...Nicholas and I am sorry this has made you so angry. Scott is a jerk..yadda yadda so what...the point being what it all is about is the music. It is not about the men who make the music but the music they make...
Someone tries to hide himself
Down inside himself he prays
Someone swears his true love
Until the end of time
Another runs away
Separate or united
Empty or insane
And be yourself is all that you can do
All that you can do

Be Yourself~Audioslave

~Ignore me, I dare you~