++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-17-2003, 03:32 PM   #91
Marty
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
So, about downloading him talking this morning....?
________
Live Sex

Last edited by Marty : 09-17-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-17-2003, 03:34 PM   #92
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN
What If: you were in Scott's place
Your wife is a drunk, abusive, commits adultrey and tells you this to your face.
You have the world in the palm of your hand, but your heart is breaking and your being torn apart by family, media, and fans. And if it's true that Scott has lost custody of Jagger. Fast forward to Dec 29th and you have concert to do, and all you do is  come out drunk, be thankful Scott is still alive, some people have taken their life for alot less. I'm just trying to paint a picture for you that this is tremendous amount of stress, I don't think I could handle it without drinking.
And then two days later put on the best show of your life. I'll  say that it  shows love for his band,fans, family and the media which fuels him.I believe things happen for a reason, this maybe simply to help Scott grow and to learn, life is a book of knowledge and we read the pages everyday.I believe that Scott will get through this , I also believe Creed will  
grow together as a family . Creed will weather this storm, encourage them don't degrade them, you never know when you could be the next Scott Stapp so just give love to all, and do not judge, were not put on this earth to judge as the Bible says...Love One Another.

Great post, Mr.CreedFreakTN!!

Relearn Love
Old 01-17-2003, 03:41 PM   #93
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Crest tattoo ,I just feel that if we all stick together and fight the good fight, some good will come out of this situation.  They're music is almost spiritual to me , it fills my soul, it lifts me , put's me in good spirits, I don't know if they read these boards, but I post my thought's in the event they do. They need to know that we Creed fans understand , and we support them.

I agree, we need to stick together as fans. Like you, Mr.CreedFreakTN, they're music is spiritual to me too and it's brought a lot of joy to my life as well. I for one understand and support them.

Relearn Love
Old 01-17-2003, 03:42 PM   #94
shunammite
USER INFO »
What If: you were in Scott's place
Your wife is a drunk, abusive, commits adultrey and tells you this to your face.
You have the world in the palm of your hand, but your heart is breaking and your being torn apart by family, media, and fans. And if it's true that Scott has lost custody of Jagger. Fast forward to Dec 29th and you have concert to do, and all you do is  come out drunk, be thankful Scott is still alive, some people have taken their life for alot less. I'm just trying to paint a picture for you that this is tremendous amount of stress, I don't think I could handle it without drinking.
And then two days later put on the best show of your life. I'll  say that it  shows love for his band,fans, family and the media which fuels him.I believe things happen for a reason, this maybe simply to help Scott grow and to learn, life is a book of knowledge and we read the pages everyday.I believe that Scott will get through this , I also believe Creed will  
grow together as a family . Creed will weather this storm, encourage them don't degrade them, you never know when you could be the next Scott Stapp so just give love to all, and do not judge, were not put on this earth to judge as the Bible says...Love One Another.

I see this has been quoted a couple of times already, I thought it wouldn't hurt to SAY IT AGAIN, very pithy!!!

I will say a word for Hillaree though, I think there may be extenuating circumstances for the mess she got herself into, I hate to see her despised either. We want to love one another but we are always looking for a fall guy to hang the blame on.

But life is just damned hard. But very educational. And we learn from each other. I love Creed, I can't even explain WHY, I guess because they are so um "spiritual" but still so openly HUMAN. Tearing down those damned walls--that are up to protect us, but sometimes getting ripped to shreds can work out for good.

*sings "the man takes another bullet, he holds them all within"*

I love Metallica also.
Old 01-17-2003, 10:06 PM   #95
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
IMO, when somebody gets that trashed, he wants to feel better, numb whatever emotional pain he is in. Yes, he did it at a very inopportune time. Yes, the fans deserved better. But I'll say it again. The man is human and he needs to heal emotionally and physically. I'm glad he only got drunk. He could have hurt himself in far worse ways.

I completely agree Dogstar. After what he's been through, we should all be grateful that all he did was get drunk. He could have done a lot worse, and he could also have physically hurt other people around him.
Old 01-17-2003, 11:35 PM   #96
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
What would the angry Chicago fans do if God forbid Scott HAD done something far worse than just get drunk. Would there even be talk of an apology if something worse happened?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-18-2003, 03:17 AM   #97
CreedHigh
USER INFO »
He's Human.

Let it go.

You will feel better.
Old 01-18-2003, 12:31 PM   #98
hotforscott
USER INFO »
With all of the words of wisdom on this topic, between Mr.CreedFreakTN, Dogstar, Terib19, JenRN and so on, I cannot imagine velocity coming back on and arguing any points. If he does, after reading all the sense that has been made of this situation, he's not playing with a full deck of cards!
Old 01-18-2003, 10:29 PM   #99
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
What would the angry Chicago fans do if God forbid Scott HAD done something far worse than just get drunk. Would there even be talk of an apology if something worse happened?

The one question I have and no one seems to be able to answer is why? Why is it OK for all the other rock stars to get trashed and loaded at their shows, and sing less than diserable but when STAPP does it, it is never forgotten? Why is it that out of 200 shows he messed up one or two and now he is a "problem" or needs a psych evaluation? For god's sake no wonder the guy is torn, he is held to unrealistic standards than anyone else in his realm of work. Look at Bono, or The Rolling Stones for cripes sake, I have seen them trashed on many occasions and an eye is never batted! I was at a U2 concert when he drank on the damn stage!!!! But it was accepted and the show went ON. I am so glad Creed is taking a break, they need it sooooo bad! Through thick and thin, they are the Ultimate to me and nothing will change that!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-19-2003, 02:13 PM   #100
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Very well said, Jen!!! I couldn't agree with you more.

Relearn Love
Old 01-19-2003, 07:27 PM   #101
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: With all of the words of wisdom on this topic, between Mr.CreedFreakTN, Dogstar, Terib19, JenRN and so on, I cannot imagine velocity coming back on and arguing any points.
I tend to think you guys aren't looking at it logically -- your view of the situation is warped to favor Scott.

I'm just taking a moral stance that I'd apply to anyone -- rock band or not -- including myself.

Quote: The one question I have and no one seems to be able to answer is why? Why is it OK for all the other rock stars to get trashed and loaded at their shows, and sing less than diserable but when STAPP does it, it is never forgotten?
Very simple. I don't think it's ok when other bands do it, and I don't think it's ok when Scott does it.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-19-2003, 07:58 PM   #102
crisstee
USER INFO »
Boy I have just been reading through this thread and you guys are sure hard on Velocityidp. I pretty much agree with everything he is saying. He has a right to be angry, I'm angry and I wasn't even there. I think the whole thing is such a slap in the face to the fans and they should make a formal apology. You guys paid good money for that show and some people traveled to be there. I waited so anxiously to see them here in L.A. and I would have been furious if that had happened here. It is such a let down. All that said the most important thing is to now get an apology from them and the one I read SUCKED!!!
Old 01-19-2003, 08:02 PM   #103
velocityidp
USER INFO »
I'm glad at least one person seems to understand and is able to present a logical and unbiased view.

Only thing I'd like to add is that I'm not really angry -- I just felt a need to point out a clear moral position.

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-19-2003, 08:18 PM   #104
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by velocityidp
I'm glad at least one person seems to understand and is able to present a logical and unbiased view.

Unbiased???:lol: I don't think so.
Old 01-19-2003, 08:29 PM   #105
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: Unbiased??? I don't think so.

Yes, unbiased. I'm a huge pro-Creed fan that is holding Stapp to a standard of decency I'd apply to anyone else including myself. How could you logically say that shows bias?

I would be biased if I was saying all this as a Creed-hating poster.

Think about it.

- "What If", Creed