++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-26-2006, 12:37 PM   #31
AliceInChains
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp tour

Well, you wouldn't mistake him for Robert Johnson but it was, incidentally, a bluesy moment. I was also beginning to enjoy beer #3 so who knows what I heard! Seriously, it was cool. Hope you hear him yourself this tour!

--Corgan
Old 02-26-2006, 01:35 PM   #32
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Old 02-26-2006, 02:20 PM   #33
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) I know the orlando gig was almost empty and guys outside the venue were giving away tickets for free to fill the venue. But i was seeing coming this for a long time.

Shame of him for singing so many Creed songs. That's his tour as a solo artist, not as Creed. I know for sure a lot of people that went to the Orlando gig were disapointed. I am not speculating....i know cause i have read some post of people on other boards.

Maybe it was all the Alter Bridge fans that went just so they could litter the floor with Alter Bridge stickers. I heard that they had them plastered all over themselves and were holding them up in the air. Pretty juvenile if you ask me. Some of them hate Stapp with a passion and I heard that they actually got in for free. The usually hang at a website that has even had posters wish Stapp dead..and that was allowed. I feel sorry for those that didn't get to meet him in Orlando, but I can understand why he wouldn't greet fans in Orlando. Actually it kinda makes sense to me that he left Orlando.

But he needs to understand. NOT EVERYWHERE IS LIKE ORLANDO. The people watching the show in Atlanta had no problem with his singing Creed songs. They were all singing along....just like a Creed concert. And you didn't have to watch goneblind's guitarist make those freakish faces either.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:48 PM   #34
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

well said, I saw AB and myles is a very good guy but I just don't like his voice,
Stapp is back and I am so glad!
Old 02-27-2006, 08:42 AM   #35
Alter_who?
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) But he needs to understand. NOT EVERYWHERE IS LIKE ORLANDO. The people watching the show in Atlanta had no problem with his singing Creed songs. They were all singing along....just like a Creed concert. And you didn't have to watch goneblind's guitarist make those freakish faces either.
Could not have said it better myself.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:39 PM   #36
Justify
USER INFO »

Let me start off by saying that I have been a die hard Creed fan since they first came out. I am now a die hard Scott Stapp fan. That being said I would not have been afraid to say if this concert did not meet my expectations and I would not be afraid to point out things that went wrong in the concert. Now for the review…

Wow!

I thought about what I would say in my review all weekend but the only word that kept coming to my mind was WOW. I have almost been dreading writing this because I know I won’t be able to put into words how GREAT the show was.

I last saw Scott/Creed in 2000 and I was blown away by their concert. I went into this concert telling myself not to expect what I saw in 2000. Well I must say that it definitely wasn’t what I saw in 2000. IT WAS SO MUCH MORE. Scott’s vocals were dead on. Gone Blind did an outstanding job. I was shocked to see how well they did on the Creed songs. I only noticed a few differences in the music. And they performed all their new music perfectly. I did notice a little change to the beginning of Let Me Go… I’m not sure if that was intentional or not. I don’t think he could have chosen a better band to use on his new album and tour. They seemed to really love what they were doing.

(By the way, I will no longer refer to them as Gone Blind. With the unity they showed with Scott on Friday I would say they are now The Stapp Band.)

The concert began with Reach Out, Fight Song, and Bullets. I actually liked their version of Bullets better than Creeds. Scott sang incredibly on every song but he really belted it out on these. You could see how much he was into these songs. His voice sounded better on Reach Out in the concert than it does on the Album. I think he has really been taking care of his voice more lately than he did with Creed.

The setlist was the same at the Roxy that it was in Orlando which is as follows: Reach Out, Fight Song, Bullets, My Own Prison, What If, Hardway, One Last Breath, Let Me Go, Great Divide, Higher, Sublime, My Sacrafice
(encore) Arms Wide Open, Surround Me, Justify

Every song was performed with as much intensity as the prior.

When Scott and “The Stapp Band” came back out for the encore they did an acoustic version of Arms Wide Open. Scott, John, and Artie were all on stools. No drums, no bass. They couldn’t have chosen a better song to do acoustically. Also they couldn’t have performed it better. After WAWO they performed Surround Me and then ended the concert with Justify. Justify was a great song to end the concert with. At the end of Justify the stage went dark all except a spotlight on the bass player which slowly faded as he finished the song out. It was great!

Stapp had energy in this concert that I have not seen him display since Creed’s early days. I actually heard someone in the audience say “He’s back… He is definitely back!” And I have to agree. He is back and better than ever. His excitement to be back was catching. He kept showing the audience the goose bumps he was getting because of our excitement. The audience sang along with every song. Sometimes the audience was singing so loudly it was hard for me to hear him singing. He spoke to the audience at the beginning of almost every song. Scott was so personal in this concert that once it was over I felt like I had a better understanding of who he is. I wish the people who love to hate Scott Stapp would take the opportunity to go to one of his concerts. I think most would leave with a different opinion.

Last edited by Justify : 02-27-2006 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:41 PM   #37
ABYanks
USER INFO »

OK, i think the rumors about the Orlando Show have gotten out of hand. There were no Alterbridge fanatics and I didnt see anything but positive feedback from everyone in the audience. Plus he didnt sign autographs because he had family there. He probably had a big party with them.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:47 PM   #38
Shadow
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by ABYanks) OK, i think the rumors about the Orlando Show have gotten out of hand. There were no Alterbridge fanatics and I didnt see anything but positive feedback from everyone in the audience. Plus he didnt sign autographs because he had family there. He probably had a big party with them.
The Orlando reviews and rumors have gotten out of hand. There were NO AB stickers anywhere - no AB fans trying to cause trouble.

I was there on the rail - Scott did a great job with both his new solo songs and old Creed songs. In fact, I think it surprised Scott that everyone was signing along with ALL the new songs, just as much as they were singing the old songs.

Scott thanked the fans over and over. He said "I needed this tonight" and "I didn't know what to expect". His gratitude was expressed and it came directly from his heart.

I was also in Atlanta - and the show was great there as well.

And just to add - Scott's band - John, Mitch, Artie and Mark are the greatest bunch of guys you will ever meet. 3 of the guys came to our party afterwards and hung with us until they had to get on the bus to go to the Atlanta show.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:00 PM   #39
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) And just to add - Scott's band - John, Mitch, Artie and Mark are the greatest bunch of guys you will ever meet. 3 of the guys came to our party afterwards and hung with us until they had to get on the bus to go to the Atlanta show.
wow, thats pretty cool.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:25 PM   #40
Shadow
USER INFO »

And just to add - according to a security guard - there were 1,800 tickets sold. The HR's capacity is 3,000. So although it wasn't packed - it was far from empty!
Old 02-28-2006, 08:57 PM   #41
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by ABYanks) OK, i think the rumors about the Orlando Show have gotten out of hand. There were no Alterbridge fanatics and I didnt see anything but positive feedback from everyone in the audience. Plus he didnt sign autographs because he had family there. He probably had a big party with them.

Well maybe someone needs to take issue with the person who called from a cell phone and relayed that message. Actually, I think its high time some of THEM were the butt of an UGLY rumor....Ha....Ha....Ha...Ha.

Last edited by Mrprophetman : 02-28-2006 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:14 AM   #42
Creed7352
USER INFO »

Quote: Maybe it was all the Alter Bridge fans....Pretty juvenile if you ask me.

Quote: Actually, I think its high time some of THEM were the butt of an UGLY rumor...

Quote: Pretty juvenile if you ask me.

Old 03-01-2006, 07:18 AM   #43
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352)

You must have really liked the juvenile remark. But then you should also look at your avatar. I believe I've had a discussion about what's juvenile and what's not with another poster here. The people I'm referring to in that post are the most juvenile people I know. The fact that they also are Alter Bridge fans...well that must be a coincidence, huh.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:19 PM   #44
Creed7352
USER INFO »

i saw the avatar elsewhere and thought it was funny so i just put it on here...so you can thank whoever i borrowed it from...

i just found it funny that you call others juvenile yet you act the same way, that's all. nothing more, nothing less. i apologize if you took it to heart and i hurt your feelings. if not, then you probably laughed as i did.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:44 PM   #45
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) i saw the avatar elsewhere and thought it was funny so i just put it on here...so you can thank whoever i borrowed it from...

i just found it funny that you call others juvenile yet you act the same way, that's all. nothing more, nothing less. i apologize if you took it to heart and i hurt your feelings. if not, then you probably laughed as i did.

You didn't hurt my feelings. Like I said, the people that attended that show in Orlando are the most juvenile people I know. I'm just relaying information that I found posted at another website. I don't vouch for the authenticity of the information...actually the place where I read it is pretty much a Scott Stapp hate site also....just like the place where those Alter Bridge fans that attended hang. I don't consider it acting juvenile. I call it passing along information. And actually, I DO think that its funny that they are the butt of a nasty rumor, since they are the source of alot of nasty rumors themselves. My guess is that they would probably hope that people believed it. That's the kind of people they are.