++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-22-2004, 12:05 PM   #16
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Hard Rock albums never sell as good as radio friendly albums. Weathered had a wider range of potential buyers. Besides, it hit shelves near Christmas.

And when you hear "Alter Bridge" many people think it's a new weird band and don't even know Creed broke up and 3/4 got together on it. I think its sales will progress as they release new singles and get known. Let's face it, AB is famous among internet communities, not on the real world, Yet. They'll get there.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:07 PM   #17
I'mRational
USER INFO »
I don't think we should be so worried with sales. Sales isn't correlated with the quality of music.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:32 PM   #18
Kimvan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Weathered sold 900,000 its first week. I believe it stayed at number one for eight weeks.

They will sell more, but never as much as the first week (within a one week period). I don't think it's impressive at all - considering all the hype that was surrounding it and how we were told how amazing it is. And considering the millions and millions of records that Creed sold.

If they don't want to be associated with Creed, then they shouldn't have had 'CREED' in large print on the label and 'along with new lead singer Myles Kennedy' in small print. WU obviously wants to use the Creed name to sell records.

I don't think it will do that well. JMO
They actually had that on the label?? Ugh, that's low!! Windup's gonna milk the Creed name for all it's worth.

Just give love to all....

Peace, and God Bless
Old 08-22-2004, 01:36 PM   #19
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I don't see why it's low. I'm sure Scott's album will say something like, founding member of Creed. Jerry Cantrell's solo stuff mentioned his being a founding member of Alice In Chains. I think it's natural to cite what made a lot of money for the artist. Name recognition isn't such a bad thing. A lot of people only pay attention to the lead singer's name.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:47 PM   #20
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I don't see why it's low. I'm sure Scott's album will say something like, founding member of Creed. Jerry Cantrell's solo stuff mentioned his being a founding member of Alice In Chains. I think it's natural to cite what made a lot of money for the artist. Name recognition isn't such a bad thing. A lot of people only pay attention to the lead singer's name.

That's why I'm puzzled why AB didn't have higher sales than just $95,000.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:50 PM   #21
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'm not. As I said, a lot of people pay attention only to the singer, so the Creed members without the singer don't appeal to a lot of people, even with the supposed hatred for Scott Stapp. The same thing happened with Jerry Cantrell, even though the albums he has put out have gotten a lot of critical acclaim. The numbers just aren't there, which is a shame, because it's really good music. Same with Alter Bridge. I really think they did quite well considering.
Old 08-22-2004, 02:52 PM   #22
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I'm not. As I said, a lot of people pay attention only to the singer, so the Creed members without the singer don't appeal to a lot of people, even with the supposed hatred for Scott Stapp. The same thing happened with Jerry Cantrell, even though the albums he has put out have gotten a lot of critical acclaim. The numbers just aren't there, which is a shame, because it's really good music. Same with Alter Bridge. I really think they did quite well considering.

Good point. Thanks
Old 08-22-2004, 04:37 PM   #23
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Let's face it, AB is famous among internet communities, not on the real world, Yet. They'll get there.
I don't know Marcos. They need the big markets to back them up. I'm in a big radio market (New York) and they are not being played here. I often check the radio stations playlists and AB has not been added here.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I'm sure Scott's album will say something like, founding member of Creed.
On the POTC cd, they are just using Scott's name on the front, no reference to Creed. Here's the link to see the cover of the POTC cd:
POTC cover
Old 08-22-2004, 04:54 PM   #24
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Thanks Robyn!! I'm dying to hear P.O.D.'s track, Stapp said it rocked his!! I love really liks his track!!

Anyway, AB is doing incredibly good for a debut!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 08-22-2004, 05:17 PM   #25
Kimvan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I don't see why it's low. I'm sure Scott's album will say something like, founding member of Creed. Jerry Cantrell's solo stuff mentioned his being a founding member of Alice In Chains. I think it's natural to cite what made a lot of money for the artist. Name recognition isn't such a bad thing. A lot of people only pay attention to the lead singer's name.

OK, but all along, AB, especially Mark, has said they're putting their past behind them, that AB "isn't Creed minus Stapp", etc., and then they go and put that on the label? Seems pretty hypocritical, IMO. If they wanted to break free of that, they shouldn't have put that on the label, just my humble opinion.

Just give love to all....

Peace, and God Bless
Old 08-22-2004, 05:30 PM   #26
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'm sure it was a label decision anyway. I would be surprised if Scott doesn't have it on his CD as well. It's a marketing thing. I don't find it hypocritcal at all, IMHO .
Old 08-22-2004, 06:25 PM   #27
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Kimvan) OK, but all along, AB, especially Mark, has said they're putting their past behind them, that AB "isn't Creed minus Stapp", etc., and then they go and put that on the label? Seems pretty hypocritical, IMO. If they wanted to break free of that, they shouldn't have put that on the label, just my humble opinion.

I agree. AB has to have some say in the marketing I would think.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:28 PM   #28
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) I don't know Marcos. They need the big markets to back them up. I'm in a big radio market (New York) and they are not being played here. I often check the radio stations playlists and AB has not been added here.

On the POTC cd, they are just using Scott's name on the front, no reference to Creed. Here's the link to see the cover of the POTC cd:
POTC cover

I think that Stapp has alot say in the way WU markets him I think he is trying to distance himself from Creed to establish himself as a solo artist.
Old 08-22-2004, 07:00 PM   #29
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
it's different... so many people hate Stapp that he's way more known than Mark, Brian and Flip put together.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:10 PM   #30
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) it's different... so many people hate Stapp that he's way more known than Mark, Brian and Flip put together.
I really, really don't like when that is said (and this is not pointing a finger at you Marcos, just in general). "Hate" is such a strong word. How can anyone "hate" someone they don't even know.

I think he's known more because he was Creed's frontman.