++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-10-2004, 12:45 PM   #1
creedfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Disappointed with the Alter Bridge CD

Ok, I know people are going to freak about this but I'm not really impressed by this new CD. Why? Who knows, maybe I am biased on the previous work of Creed and immediately start a comparison. I think the leader singer sounds too much like Steve Perry from Journey, which doesn't sit will with me. On a brighter note, Tremonti and the rest of the game sounds great.

Remember, this is just my opinion....not right, wrong or indifferent.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:11 PM   #2
Riffman544
USER INFO »
I am thinking you dont see the beauty in the music with the lyrics and vocals. Thats what i thought when i first read your thread. Comparisons are always made...which i think is wrong. You must think of them as a band...If you think Myles sounds like Steve perry....Then you must say Journey sounds like Alter Bridge...Which is not true lol. They are a band of one...Myles isnt with Journey ....he is with Alter Bridge...Therefore he sounds liek Myles Kennedy with Alter Bridge. Forgive me if you dont understand where I am coming from and I am sorry you cant see the beauty in this CD.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:33 PM   #3
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
I agree. Frankly if one reads through most of the lyrics, they revolve around being lost in life then finding your way back to a higher position, or about suffering. And Myles voice + the lyrics+the choruses got a bit old. The best songs are prbly Burn It Down, definately In Loving Memory, and for lyrics, Watch Your Words. This is NOT being a comparison, this is simply rating the music. And some of it is too repetitive. That's my two cents on a short notion and I know others feel different. But I only got a feeling from ONE song, and that was In Loving Memory, so yeah. Lol, that's it.

I'm otherwise known as: WTLF-101
Old 08-10-2004, 01:55 PM   #4
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
you can not compare them to Creed.

you have to think of them as a new band. which is really hard to do due their past...

Personally, I think I still like Creed better. but nonetheless, it's an awesome album, best than anything out there today.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:14 PM   #5
I'mRational
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) you can not compare them to Creed.

you have to think of them as a new band. which is really hard to do due their past...

Personally, I think I still like Creed better. but nonetheless, it's an awesome album, best than anything out there today.

Sure you can compare them to Creed. You can compare them to Jazz, flamenco, whatever you like. I've compared AB to Creed, and AB is way better.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:25 PM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Torn signs, I agree. I think the writing/lyrics were a little too repetitive, although overall, I still think it was a decent effort. Not mind-blowing at all, but man, a couple of these songs are going to rock live ...I agree that Burn It Down and In Loving Memory ruled. Also, I thought Metalingus kicked ass as did Find the Real. I liked Watch Your Words as well, but it sounded a little too much like Metallica. I love Metallica, but man, the first thing I thought of was that it sounded like Wherever I May Roam, riff-wise...And In Loving Memory, I think, would have been far more effective if it had stayed soft throughout. There are enough anthemic choruses on the CD already and it would have offered a bit more variety to keep that one soft. The guitar in it is beautiful, though, and gave me chills, and Myles has a Jeff Buckley-esque sound on some of the more melodic stuff. I'd like to hear more of that from him.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:18 PM   #7
WhatsUrCreed
USER INFO »
AB's new album didnt impress me much...good effort nonetheless...the song "One Day Remains" was my personal favorite song...great guitar playing by tremonti as usual and kick ass melodies but I am still trying to get used to Myles' voice...he's no stapp and his voice kinda has to grow on you...the songs are also a lil too similar...i dunno...have to wait to the next album to see how their style evolves...
Old 08-10-2004, 11:36 PM   #8
creedsister
USER INFO »
Well ive looked over myles and i dont think the dude sounds like steve perry i guess its just hard for everybody to get use to i love the lyrics on this one they kick Ass And Marks Playing Is Just Amazing I dont think he could a played Harder There some Awsome Work there A Lot Of Engery And A Lot Of Heart took place you can feel it !!!! The creed sound is still there all right we just got to relearn love with myles HAHAHAHA
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 08-11-2004, 12:04 AM   #9
WhatsUrCreed
USER INFO »
yea the more i am listening to this album...the more myles' voice is getting on my nerves....any chance of creed getting back together or at least getting a new singer??? dont be ticked...u all know its the truth...

How about a tour wit Scott Stapp?
Old 08-11-2004, 12:10 AM   #10
creedsister
USER INFO »
i dont care who they got it would,nt make a diffrence anyways fan PARTY ON
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 08-11-2004, 12:31 AM   #11
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
I've listened to it once so far. Musically I'm really digging it. I'm not really used to Myles's voice yet, maybe it'll grow on me after awhile. I gotta listen to it a few more times before i give my rating.
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 08-11-2004, 12:31 AM   #12
revisfoot
USER INFO »
I personally think the album is awesome. I personally love Myle's voice, and I love the range he has. Mark's playing has truly become 'no-holds barred.' He is unbelievable on this record. But, "Most Improved" definetly goes to Flip. Man...He's pulling some stuff out that I've never heard from him before. Good job, guys!! And congrats on a record very well done!!
Old 08-11-2004, 12:43 AM   #13
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DangerousDan85) I've listened to it once so far. Musically I'm really digging it. I'm not really used to Myles's voice yet, maybe it'll grow on me after awhile. I gotta listen to it a few more times before i give my rating.

I agree musically Flip, Mark and Brian are A+ but its Myles voice I don't know but like you said maybe it will grow on me.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:49 AM   #14
creedfan
USER INFO »
I do agree that with time Myles voice can grow on you. I'm not putting down the album in regards to its music quality, two thirds of this band comes from one of the biggest bands ever; obviously the musical qualities will be there. I just compare Myles voice to Stapps voice and I prefer Stapps voice. I mean I would say the same thing if Ozzy was on the vocals for this band as well, its just all perspective.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:17 AM   #15
lpshinoda11
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedfan) Ok, I know people are going to freak about this but I'm not really impressed by this new CD. Why? Who knows, maybe I am biased on the previous work of Creed and immediately start a comparison. I think the leader singer sounds too much like Steve Perry from Journey, which doesn't sit will with me. On a brighter note, Tremonti and the rest of the game sounds great.

Remember, this is just my opinion....not right, wrong or indifferent.

What are you talking about, Steve Perry fuckin rules....I have a few Journey CDs and his solo album, good shit!
Don't give a f**k, if I cut my arm bleeding
Would this be wrong would this be right?
If I took my life tonight, chances are that I might
Mutilation out of site, so I contiplated suicide
I'm losing my sight, losing my mind
Wish somebody would tell me I'm blind
I'm losing my sight, losing my mind
Wish somebody would tell me I'm blind

Last Resort - Papa Roach