++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-20-2004, 04:50 PM   #46
Gabriel
Mark's Brother
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
[quote=Jooji_2]I just really don't give a rip anymore. They don't have a name...they don't have a singer....then they do have a name...and they do have a singer...they just can't tell anyone what and who they are....but the music is amazing...trust us. I'm so sick of the term "the new band" I could barf.

When it finally comes out....I'll listen to it. I'm gonna give everything a chance. But, I've listened to this "rumored" singer's voice more than once. With me, I either like it or I don't, and believe me I've tried to like his voice....and this guy.....I don't...sorry.

Ya know if Tremonti and Phillips were pushed aside in interviews, and didn't like it...they have certainly kept very hush hush about this project....you would think they would be out their talking about their "labor of love".

Wake me up when there is finally something to listen to. [/QUOTE

I just wanted to respond to your last paragraph-- nobody was pushed aside in interviews. Yes, to this point, the guys have been "hush hush" as far as the media goes about the project. Why? Because they have been busting their asses writing and working on this cd for 12 hours a day, almost every day, for the last few months. There has been NO official promotion for this band yet. And yet, you all know quite a bit about the process of what this band has been going through. Why? Because I have chosen to give this info to the die hard Creed fans that take the time to post and read this and other message boards.

Understand that the people who come to these boards, "the die hards", is a minute fraction of the people who would buy a Creed CD. Understand too, that when I post at these boards, I am probably reaching an audience of about 10,000 people. Seven million people bought their last CD, so do you see my point? From a promotional standpoint, if you look at the big picture, what I'm doing could be considered a waste of time. I, however, don't see it that way. I think that, aside from the few people who feel like barfing, most of the people in the communities and boards appreciate the news. It was the fans that made Creed. I think they have a fervent grass roots following that few other bands can match.

Rest assured, when the time comes to begin the REAL promotion on this CD, you will see the guys eveywhere. Talk shows, music channels, tv spots you name it. The reason you all have been getting just snippets of info from me is becuse I don't work for anybody. I'm not getting paid to do this. I have to defer to the label, management, and legal departments with the info I give. I have not officialy named the singer yet because that is wind-ups job to do in the big press push. The band name, which has been chosen recently, I can not divulge for legal reasons. Copyrights and such. This takes time.

Lastly, I want you to know that this rant is not because of this one post but quite a few I have seen at this board and the VH1 board where you take a negative stand towards the promotional techniques of the new band. It almost seems like you try to make a conspiracy out of it. All the things that have happened with the new band so far has been business as usual in the rock world. The only abnormal thing has been me updating you every step of the way. I will continue to do so because, A) I love my brother, B) I truly believe in the music, C) its my way of giving back to the fans who have supported the boys through hell and back.

Michael
Old 04-20-2004, 05:42 PM   #47
PRS_Tremonti
USER INFO »
Well said, Michael. Buddy, without you, we would all just be lost in the dark about everything. So with that said, I personally thank you for all the info. you've given us. Tell Mark I wish his new project the best of luck. I'm counting down the days...One more thing, I read over at the Pit that Jeff Hanson was going to release the official statement on the band on Sunday and that the single would be out in 3 weeks. Any truth to this?

Thanks
Old 04-20-2004, 06:08 PM   #48
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) I will continue to do so because, A) I love my brother, B) I truly believe in the music, C) its my way of giving back to the fans who have supported the boys through hell and back.

Michael
AND THANK YOU MICHAEL... I Dont care what anyones says... I WANT THIS BAND TO COME OUT. I WANT THEM TO BLOW THE SOCKS OFF ALL THE IDIOTS THAT THINK PUNK AND POP REIGNS SUPREME. ROCK RULES!
Like my Sig says, I'm A Tru Fan. You and Your Brothers Rule!
I can't thank you enough for helping us out and givin us the info.
i can't thank Dan enough for making killer Cd Art... i'm an artist myself, and if i dont make it as a guitarist... that's what i wanna do.
And i definately can't think Mark Enough For enspiring me to be a Guitarist.

LONG LIVE THE TREMONTI BROTHERS!

Jesus + Guitars = Life

Last edited by TremontiWanaB : 04-20-2004 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:31 PM   #49
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
[quote=Gabriel[/QUOTE

Lastly, I want you to know that this rant is not because of this one post but quite a few I have seen at this board and the VH1 board where you take a negative stand towards the promotional techniques of the new band. It almost seems like you try to make a conspiracy out of it. All the things that have happened with the new band so far has been business as usual in the rock world. The only abnormal thing has been me updating you every step of the way. I will continue to do so because, A) I love my brother, B) I truly believe in the music, C) its my way of giving back to the fans who have supported the boys through hell and back.

Michael[/QUOTE]

I post what I post at VH1 because that's the only place where the "die-hards" don't jump down my throat for having a differing opinion. I have no conspiracy theory...I'm just simply tired of hearing all the tidbits of information and rumors that have been going on forever. Like I said...when there is something to listen to...I will...and make my decision then. I'm voicing my opinion here, just like you do. I think my reply was in line with the original subject of this thread...sorry if you don't like it.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:42 PM   #50
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Well said Michael. Some people here aren't grateful that you're giving us all this info. You don't have to tell us a thing. I thank you.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:28 AM   #51
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2)
I post what I post at VH1 because that's the only place where the "die-hards" don't jump down my throat for having a differing opinion. I have no conspiracy theory...I'm just simply tired of hearing all the tidbits of information and rumors that have been going on forever. Like I said...when there is something to listen to...I will...and make my decision then. I'm voicing my opinion here, just like you do. I think my reply was in line with the original subject of this thread...sorry if you don't like it.

Vh1 still has a board for Creed?? LOL I seriously stopped posting there after promo posting for OLB back in 2002 cause there were just some freaky people there...NOT saying you're one of them, but there were plenty there.

I still maintain there's nothing wrong with not being excited. If everyone were, shit, I'd be scared. LOL.

Quote: Like I said...when there is something to listen to...I will...and make my decision then.

And that's the way to look at it!! I'm doing that with both bands. While I'm more excited for TNB, I'm going to give STapp's effort a fair shot at being something I'll like. Till then, it's the excitement of things....and I think there's more excitement going on about TNB, simply cause there is news that things are happening.
No offense to Stapp's effort...but hearing "He has a demo he presented to WU and it's pretty good"....yeah, it's news, it's cool to hear...but for me that doesn't get me excited.

Quote: Ya know if Tremonti and Phillips were pushed aside in interviews, and didn't like it...they have certainly kept very hush hush about this project....you would think they would be out their talking about their "labor of love".

I think that was what was taken exception to, and I'd have to agree with Michael in his post about it. You can't blab everything about a new project from the get go. Well you can, but it'll bite you in the ass. But there's also legally a LOT of stuff that can't be told till things are finalized, and that's just the nature of the music business. Had Myles said no or decided not to be a part of the band, then saying he was the singer months ago would have been pre-mature. Had Brian decided to stick soley with Head Heavy, then saying they were working with him again for a new band would have been shooting themselves in the foot. Granted, those thigns could have happened...but it would have made MArk and Flip look foolish (and unprofessional) to do that. So waiting till everything is lined up is a veteran move.

I'm sure that when the ducks are in a row, there will be promotion up the wazoo. But till there's actually a name to promote, doing promotion would be kinda jumping the gun. But the word of mouth among net-fans is definatly creating some of a buzz. But the non-net fans probably aren't up on much of what's going on.

Addressing that....I'm willing to bet most "non net" Creed fans are vaguely aware of an "extended break...breakup", and even less about what the guys are doing. While net fans are VERY vocal, they're a small fraction of the Creed fan base. But they're also the fans that band members have "easier access to" as far as "in touch" goes. It's easy to post information on a BB. It gets the word out, info goes from board to board. You think that all Creed fans must know what's going on, cause if you read boards, then every Creed fan does...and that's not the case. Net-Fans are, while small fish in a BIG ass pond...sometimes some of the LOUDEST fish when they want to be.

extreme_LITHIUM...dude were you on Creednet...that SN looks VERY familiar.

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:17 PM   #52
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) I just really don't give a rip anymore. They don't have a name...they don't have a singer....then they do have a name...and they do have a singer...they just can't tell anyone what and who they are....but the music is amazing...trust us. I'm so sick of the term "the new band" I could barf.

You just don't get it. As Micheal said, these guys have been working their asses off to give us this new material because they love us! They love their fans!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) I am probably reaching an audience of about 10,000 people. I'm not getting paid to do this

Micheal, there's not a single die hard Creed fan that doesn't look up to your brother and love him for what he's doing. And I don't think there's a single die hard Creed fan that doesn't look up to you for what you are doing, and I've said this before! I can't speak for anyone else, but I will speak for myslef. I do look up to the Tremonti brothers! I look up to you because you don't have to do this and you're not getting payed, but you give us the info anyway just to be kind 'cause you know we love it! Sad enough I don't know anyone of you 3 guys, but as far as I know Mark also seems to be this "all good" human. He rates the fans higher than anyone does!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) It was the fans that made Creed

Man, everytime someone says that I'm freaking out!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) A) I love my brother, B) I truly believe in the music, C) its my way of giving back to the fans who have supported the boys through hell and back.

I also do love your brother, I really do believe in the music and I will gladly go to hell and back again for these guys! I believe in them and they have changed my life!

Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiWanaB) Like my Sig says, I'm A Tru Fan. You and Your Brothers Rule!
I can't thank you enough for helping us out and givin us the info.
i can't thank Dan enough for making killer Cd Art... i'm an artist myself, and if i dont make it as a guitarist... that's what i wanna do.
And i definately can't think Mark Enough For enspiring me to be a Guitarist.

LONG LIVE THE TREMONTI BROTHERS!

High-five mate!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by THE LITHIUM : 04-21-2004 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-21-2004, 03:11 PM   #53
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) Vh1 still has a board for Creed?? LOL I seriously stopped posting there after promo posting for OLB back in 2002 cause there were just some freaky people there...NOT saying you're one of them, but there were plenty there.
:
Yeah....there is still a Creed board at VH1.
That statement makes me laugh considering where you hang out most of the time. I've been told by people from the Mighty Creedpit....that no one that matters posts at VH1 anyway. I'm guessing those people at VH1 would consider themselves fans also, freaky as they might be. There is a difference though. The people who show up there to periodically bash the band or band members....they are actually people who are NOT fans of the band......not fans that get their jollies out of picking everything they find to pieces in order to find some type of negative comment they can make.....in order to entertain themselves. To me....that's a good thing.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:41 PM   #54
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) Yeah....there is still a Creed board at VH1.
That statement makes me laugh considering where you hang out most of the time. I've been told by people from the Mighty Creedpit....that no one that matters posts at VH1 anyway. I'm guessing those people at VH1 would consider themselves fans also, freaky as they might be. There is a difference though. The people who show up there to periodically bash the band or band members....they are actually people who are NOT fans of the band......not fans that get their jollies out of picking everything they find to pieces in order to find some type of negative comment they can make.....in order to entertain themselves. To me....that's a good thing.

Ok, since I said that when I WAS at the Vh1 boards it was pretty freaky...I don't know why you felt the need to go off.

I have personally never heard ANYONE say anything like that at Pit, then again, if that is someone's opinion of it...Actually, I think it might be because of one person who keeps insisting something that's complete BS...so that ONE person's a tad off.

I don't post at VH1, cause I was there just to promote OLB years ago, and was already active at Talk, Pit, and other boards.

I'm sure the people at Vh1 are fans, and have their share of bashers too.
I didn't say that the Vh1 boards were all whacky or strage...just there are a few "out there" people.

Quote: There is a difference though. The people who show up there to periodically bash the band or band members....they are actually people who are NOT fans of the band......not fans that get their jollies out of picking everything they find to pieces in order to find some type of negative comment they can make.....in order to entertain themselves.

There are people like that at every board.

AGain, I said my view of the VH1 board was from the short time I was there years ago, and the scant interation I've had with people on other boards who are from the Vh1 board.

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:48 PM   #55
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Well said, Michael! I'm truly glad that you're taking your time to post here. Thanks a lot. And I understand what you say and what you can't say. Unfortunately, this board isn't made 100% of die-hard fans. Here we have the die-hard ones, ordinary fans, fans of a single member of the band due his looks and even bashers. That's sad, since the ones who don't fit to the die-hard category can't understand not only your posts but others as well and take everything to an unreasonable personal level.

Please, keep posting here. It's the only board that I have time to check. Steve puts a great effort to run this site, he works his ass so we can have a clean board. Yet, we'll find good seeds and bad seeds here as we find on any other site. I wish we could take the negativity away.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:08 AM   #56
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) Ok, since I said that when I WAS at the Vh1 boards it was pretty freaky...I don't know why you felt the need to go off.

I have personally never heard ANYONE say anything like that at Pit, then again, if that is someone's opinion of it...Actually, I think it might be because of one person who keeps insisting something that's complete BS...so that ONE person's a tad off.

I don't post at VH1, cause I was there just to promote OLB years ago, and was already active at Talk, Pit, and other boards.

I'm sure the people at Vh1 are fans, and have their share of bashers too.
I didn't say that the Vh1 boards were all whacky or strage...just there are a few "out there" people.

AGain, I said my view of the VH1 board was from the short time I was there years ago, and the scant interation I've had with people on other boards who are from the Vh1 board.

I stopped posting at the VH1 board around the time OLB was released. Yeah, there are some freaky people at that board.
Old 04-22-2004, 03:00 AM   #57
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) Well said, Michael! I'm truly glad that you're taking your time to post here. Thanks a lot. And I understand what you say and what you can't say. Unfortunately, this board isn't made 100% of die-hard fans. Here we have the die-hard ones, ordinary fans, fans of a single member of the band due his looks and even bashers. That's sad, since the ones who don't fit to the die-hard category can't understand not only your posts but others as well and take everything to an unreasonable personal level.

True that!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) Please, keep posting here. It's the only board that I have time to check. Steve puts a great effort to run this site, he works his ass so we can have a clean board. Yet, we'll find good seeds and bad seeds here as we find on any other site. I wish we could take the negativity away.

Steve rock!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 04-22-2004, 07:17 AM   #58
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) ...Actually, I think it might be because of one person who keeps insisting something that's complete BS...so that ONE person's a tad off.

Scuse me.....what about *cough*iblewhismind*cough. Hmmmmm...I guess a tad off on one board is different than a tad off on another.

There aren't people like that at VH1.

Maybe if you hadn't made the catty remark about the place, based on your short stay there and your scant interaction, we wouldn't still be having this conversation.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:48 AM   #59
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
i'm not going to get into a critique of other boards because basically it is not helpful, but the spreading of conspiracy theories doesn't help anyone. we should be extremely grateful to Michael for keeping a small pocket of fans updated. Sure there is some advantage because it creates a bit of a buzz but it is an inefficent way of getting the message out there.

there would be as many people (at least) who know of Stapp's solo album and that took a couple of t.v apperances vs quite a few posts on differing message boards. Stapp's way is more efficient but you have to admire the Tremonti's for keeping us updated with more in-depth information in a more grass roots fashion. Lets face it we would be buying it anyway, there is no need to convert the brand loyals. memo to Michael I love the song title Metalingus keep it!
Old 04-22-2004, 10:20 AM   #60
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Quote: Scuse me.....what about *cough*iblewhismind*cough. Hmmmmm...I guess a tad off on one board is different than a tad off on another.

Just to let you know, Iblew's posts are a complete work of fiction and meant to be a joke just to lighten the place up now and then. If you don't go there very often, it would be easy to mistake the posts as the real thing.