++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-06-2003, 10:30 PM   #61
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Then why do you go back to them other places
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 06-06-2003, 10:33 PM   #62
JenRN
USER INFO »
It amazes me how stupid some people are to come here and "think" they are cool, what a loser you are! Do you REALLy think we give a shit what you think?

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 06-06-2003, 10:34 PM   #63
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Oh Really:eye: U dig Creed huh
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 06-06-2003, 10:42 PM   #64
JenRN
USER INFO »
I find it a tad odd that you come here with guns loaded and bash Creed from the get go, I am NOT impressed, sorry!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 06-06-2003, 10:46 PM   #65
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
We have bashers waste their time and register here a lot
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 06-10-2003, 11:37 PM   #66
bgivens33
USER INFO »
Reasons why I feel Creed is hated:

Scott Stapp.

He is a bit arrogant. The entire higher video was a bit upsurd as well. I just feel he won't let Tremonti loose and has to be the center of attention. Everyone talks as Bullets was this great hard song... it didn't even have a guitar solo. He doesn't give great interviews either. He just always seems so uptight and a bit pompous. I've only met the guy 3 times and they were all before they made it big, and he seemed nice enough then.

Religious Ticket.

They most certainly are NOT a christian band. But, I do think Creed plays to a religious audience. It's not a coincidence that a good majority of Creed fans are Christians. There are certainly some deep underlying Christian themes in his music.

Pearl Jam.

"Linae - "I swear that lead singer has watched every one of Pearl Jam's shows because his entire stage performance is exactly the same as Eddie Vedder's. You can borrow my Pearl Jam stuff and see for yourself if you want."
Me - "Stapp wasn't influenced by Pearl Jam. He was influenced by the Doors." FYI: I did watch her stuff, and I don't know what she was seeing."

Absolutley incorrect. I have some friends that would bartend at the mill, bullwinkles, floyds and some other places Creed would play at... they all said Stapp was near obsessed with Pearl Jam. He was always singing Pearl Jam songs and quoting lyrics. Just because you watched "behind the music" doesn't mean you know everything. And the stage presence is near identical to me. Vedder has some very odd facial expressions but him and Stapp look extremely similar. Not only that, but Vedder writes about life experiences as does stapp.

The final reason and my personal reason is that I believe Creed has sold out. I probably saw Creed close to 10 times in Tallahassee and was such a huge fan. MOP in my opinion is one of the top ten CD's of the 90's. Then came Human Clay. I was a bit disappointed. Then came weathered and I was disgusted. Slow melodic guitar line, come in hard with distortion. I can't even see how Stapp could call that their "Joshua Tree". I hope the pathetic sales opened his eyes. And, the fact that they haven't been back to tallahassee in close to 4 years would be another reason. I could care less that they moved to orlando, but, tallahassee put them on the map.

The first 3 ARE the reasons people hate Creed. You can argue that they aren't true until you turn blue, but that's not going to change the fact that those are the reasons.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:38 PM   #67
bgivens33
USER INFO »
And BTW I find it humorous you label people Creed bashers when a loaded question was posed. "Why do people hate Creed??" Exactly what type of answers were you expecting?
Old 06-11-2003, 12:30 AM   #68
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by bgivens33
<b>And BTW I find it humorous you label people Creed bashers when a loaded question was posed. &nbsp;"Why do people hate Creed??" &nbsp;Exactly what type of answers were you expecting? </b>

They expect answers like:

"People who hate creed are dumbasses! There are no reasons to hate them! Go creed you are the best! wooo-fucking-hoo!"

lol

P.S. Post before that was great and to the point. You will be labaled a basher for that stuff thou lol
Old 06-11-2003, 02:23 AM   #69
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
You know, Lechium, you could learn from bgivens. At least he/she (not sure of gender ) presents his or her case in a non-confrontational and non-arrogant manner.

Some valid points were made, especially about the lack of real solos from Tremonti. That has always bothered me. Other front men have let the guitars do the talking on more than one occasion (AIC, PJ, Zep). You can still be a central figure even with other band members' prominence.

The religious thing just won't die despite their protestations. Creed aren't the only band to use religious imagery. It's just that any religious connotation, good or bad, will draw the ire of many people. It's a hot potato.

The Pearl Jam thing I just don't get, other than they sing in the same key, though I think Eddie has a bit more range. I just saw PJ for the first time this year, and maybe age is catching up with Eddie, but I don't see the similarities in their stage performances. I've seen Creed four times. Eddie Vedder has such a distinctive voice. You know it's him when you hear him. Maybe early on Scott was more of a PJ freak, but I can't speak to those shows, as I never saw them back then.

And please, many songwriters write about life experiences. That was just such a bogus criticism.

I'll agree that Weathered is my least favorite and had a more packaged, commercial feel to it. I still think there is hope for them, though, if they stand their ground a bit with the label. They have made tons for the label, enough to call their own shots on the next record. I just hope they have the courage to make honest music. BTW, I thought sales were in the millions for Weathered. In today's market, that's not even close to pathetic.
Old 06-11-2003, 02:37 AM   #70
velocityidp
USER INFO »
I'm gonna have to agree w/ the critcism of the 3rd album. Far too packaged and on verge of "poppy." However, I don't think Human Clay was. I thought that album had a lot of depth.

But I still enjoy most My Own Prison -- especially the live recorded versions. Heck, I have all the CDs, and I usually wind up listening to live, unofficial recordings from HC or MOP.

Most people don't know that Creed's live sound is often better than their CDs...

Illusion - Live House of Blues
Unforgiven - Live House of Blues
What's This Life For - Live House of Blues
One - Live On Letterman
My Sacrifice - Live at Alcatraz (I am really groving the new, faster version...)
etc, etc, etc
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 06-11-2003, 06:10 AM   #71
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
You know, Lechium, you could learn from bgivens. At least he/she (not sure of gender ) presents his or her case in a non-confrontational and non-arrogant manner.

Well he/she is a fan, while I/me am not lol
Also I dont have patience to write out full opus, so simple "down with sellouts!" and "stop copying PJ!" seems to work for me lol
Old 06-11-2003, 09:27 AM   #72
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
<b>Well he/she is a fan, while I/me am not lol
Also I dont have patience to write out full opus, so simple "down with sellouts!" and "stop copying PJ!" seems to work for me lol </b>

That is because you lack originality!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 06-11-2003, 03:32 PM   #73
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
That is because you lack originality!

Nah
That's because I dont care
Old 06-11-2003, 05:11 PM   #74
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: <b>I can't even see how Stapp could call that their "Joshua Tree". &nbsp;I hope the pathetic sales opened his eyes. &nbsp;</b>

1) Stapp never said that this was their Joshua Tree. Quite the opposite, in fact. I even saw the video of the interview where the whole "Joshua Tree" line was first brought up. The interviewer suggested to Stapp that Weathered was a very diverse album and that some artists were likening it to "Joshua Tree." Stapp raised his brows, looking suprised and said something to the effect of "...wow that's very flattering but I don't think we've reached that level yet..."

2) Pathetic sales? Say what you want about the album (I agree w/ you, btw), but Weathered went platinum 6 times over. I'm quite sure that's not considered pathetic in the recording industry.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 06-11-2003, 08:09 PM   #75
bgivens33
USER INFO »
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1444927/0...001/creed.jhtml

This article says it came from Creed's manager. Joshua Tree also happens to be one of Stapps favorite albums. Do you think the manager just happened to pick that album to compare it to, or do you think Stapp might have had a little say in that?

The sales weren't pathetic in the sense that other bands would love to have the same numbers. The CD was number one for maybe a few weeks and compared to human clay, it didn't sell as well as expected. And i would bet money that if they stick with the same formula, the 4th CD well sell even worse.... partial thanks to the RIAA.