++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-31-2003, 01:51 AM   #1
#1creedfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
OLB- is about?????

I was curious to see what other people interpetations of OLB was. Someone asked me recently if it was about suicide?
Just give love to all-Let's give love to all**We've seen our share of ups and downs Oh how quickly life can turn around in an instant It feels so good to reunite Within yourself and within your mind Let's find peace there:band:
Old 01-31-2003, 02:22 AM   #2
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
I think it might be about getting to a point in your life where you look back on things you've done and wonder if it's too late to fix them. Or it could be about someone who feels like they're at the end, and looking back.
Old 01-31-2003, 04:42 AM   #3
faceless kiwi
USER INFO »
Yeah i see it as suicide.
Ive seen a lot of diff interpretations.
But most people i think agree on it.

And as we gathered in the ashes
Said "fire em up boys and let 'em go"
They're making music for the masses
Sliced up real thin for the radio.

Now all that you took for granted
Has been replaced. Replaced by an actor. And now that you're left with nothing but more of the same.
Who do you think you are?
Who do you think you are?
You all sound the same, With nothing to say. We say your an actor!."

PACIFIER- NOTHING
Old 01-31-2003, 04:45 AM   #4
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I have always taken it as The End of a bad point in your life and moving on. I have never thought suicide, just realizing you are ready to move on from the bad things in your life. It could be about a lot of things for the band, I cannot really pick a particular, but I agree with Bec, I think it's a point of realization of what you have done wrong and working to fix it. It could even be about more then one person when you read over the lyrics, I really am not sure!
Old 01-31-2003, 09:42 AM   #5
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I think itīs about no matter how many times you screw things up, when it seems you reached a point of no return, you realize God gives you another chance (down to one last breath)... coz he sings "Heaven didnīt save me" before... well, God knows our limits... so I think He let things happen so we can learn.... thatīs how I think Stapp feels...
Old 01-31-2003, 11:07 AM   #6
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Good interpretation, Marcos! I just love that song!
Old 01-31-2003, 12:37 PM   #7
Kim V.
USER INFO »
I like your interpretation too, Marcos! He is a God of mercy, isn't he?
On a personal note, I'm able to share what OLB has meant to me. I wrote Creed to tell them how much the song means to me, too. My brother was an alcoholic (now recovering, thank God) for quite some time, falling deeper and deeper into a pit that none of us was sure he could get out of. I was forced to call the police one day because he had gone on a six-day binge, and we didn't know whether he was alive or dead. The officer that answered the call is a friend of the family; he had to break down the door to get in my brother's room, spoke to him and realized what I had suspected all along, that my bro was depressed. He had an ambulance take him to the ER, where his blood/alcohol level was 4.3! They said a little higher, and he may have been gone. He really was down to almost his last breath, and God gave him another chance. He was admitted to a behavioral health center, where they diagnosed him with a form of bipolar disorder. He was medicating himself with the alcohol to make it all go away. He became some other person we didn't know anymore. That's what addiction does. Now he's on meds to stabilize his moods, he's not able to work yet, but I have my old bro back again. When he was at his worst, I cried every time I heard OLB; it did help me heal, through my tears. Now when I hear it, I don't cry but rejoice in the fact that God gave him another chance, and am so thankful to Creed for their gift of music that heals the spirit.

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 01-31-2003, 12:54 PM   #8
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I've always thought of it in the same way as Marcos and HotforScott. Kim, I'm so happy to here your brother's doing better. I'm very thankful for Creed and their music too because I can speak from personal experience about the music healing the spirit!! It's awesome stuff!!!

Relearn Love
Old 01-31-2003, 01:14 PM   #9
JenRN
USER INFO »
WOW KIM!!!! So glad to hear your brother is doing much better! This is one of the reasons I love Creed so much, they bring so much peace and positive messages to everyone! Creed has meant so much to people on so many different levels, it is awesome!!!! I also thought of the song like Marcos and Carrie, a new chance. It also meant so much to me when my grandpa heard it on his death bed( you all from the fall know what I am talking about) it literally gave me chills up my spine!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-31-2003, 01:25 PM   #10
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
WOW KIM!!!!  So glad to hear your brother is doing much better!  This is one of the reasons I love Creed so much, they bring so much peace and positive messages to everyone!  Creed has meant so much to people on so many different levels, it is awesome!!!!  I also thought of the song like Marcos and Carrie, a new chance.  It also meant so much to me when my grandpa heard it on his death bed( you all from the fall know what I am talking about) it literally gave me chills up my spine!

Wow right back at ya, Jen! Sorry about your grandpa, I started posting on the bb in Dec., so I didn't know. What a powerful statement about him hearing it when he himself was down to one last breath.... I guess every one of us has a "story" to tell about how Creed and their awesome music has helped us through something, given us strength to endure, and reason to hope! Man, they are just awesome, aren't they?

JUST GIVE LOVE TO ALL -- Scott Stapp

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 01-31-2003, 01:53 PM   #11
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Kim, that is wonderful that your brother is doing better, I know that you are glad to have your brother back. Creed just touches so many people's lives that I can't even imagine not having them share their thoughts with all of us. It is wonderful to hear those stories of thanks and hope. Our thoughts and prayers are with your brother on his journey to complete healing and recovery!
Old 01-31-2003, 02:05 PM   #12
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by hotforscott
Kim, that is wonderful that your brother is doing better, I know that you are glad to have your brother back. Creed just touches so many people's lives that I can't even imagine not having them share their thoughts with all of us. It is wonderful to hear those stories of thanks and hope. Our thoughts and prayers are with your brother on his journey to complete healing and recovery!

Thanks, all of you - your thoughts and prayers mean more to me than you could ever imagine!

Old 01-31-2003, 02:43 PM   #13
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
heh, thanks...

I think somehow itīs related to Hide too: "Iīve been dancing with the devil way too long and itīs making me grow old"...
liek, he made many mistakes, but he could learn from that mistakes and get more mature...

but there are songs I couldnīt find a meaning... like Say I... it seems Stapp is really pissed at God on that song, but I think Iīm wrong when saying that... I really dunno... like that part "the world breaths forms of misconception....he lies... but I donīt know him" him who? Stapp doesnīt know who? like, I donīt think itīs God coz him isnīt with capital letters... but he says "our maker has gone away"...so thatīs what made me thought that...
Old 01-31-2003, 02:59 PM   #14
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
<b>heh, thanks...

I think somehow itīs related to Hide too: "Iīve been dancing with the devil way too long and itīs making me grow old"...
liek, he made many mistakes, but he could learn from that mistakes and get more mature...

but there are songs I couldnīt find a meaning... like Say I... it seems Stapp is really pissed at God on that song, but I think Iīm wrong when saying that... I really dunno... like that part "the world breaths forms of misconception....he lies... but I donīt know him" him who? Stapp doesnīt know who? like, I donīt think itīs God coz him isnīt with capital letters... but he says "our maker has gone away"...so thatīs what made me thought that... </b>

I think what Stapp says in that part is "this misconception we call man... but I don't know him (man) No, I don't know him, because he lies! They lie! I think he finds it hard to trust people because he's been lied to/hurt so many times.

JUST GIVE LOVE TO ALL -- Scott Stapp

Old 01-31-2003, 03:15 PM   #15
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
ok, this part is clear...but what about the rest of the song?