++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Waxing Poetica
Today's Posts «

Old 06-11-2005, 07:07 AM   #31
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) I think you should check your sources, because everybody knows Scott wrote most of the lyrics. Besides, do you think Creed would have succeeded with Tremonti as singer. It is Scotts voice, lyrics, passion, moves, looks, charisma, spirituality, purity that moves the masses.
You don't even have any sources... And no. To me it was Mark's incredible guitar and Mark's incredible charisma. And sure, Scott was a big part of Creed and I still love that band!

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSekker) Can't you tell the difference in style between Creed songs and Alter Bridge songs? Creed is Scott Stapp and Alter Bridge Tremonti.
Yeah, and I actually like Alter Bridge better! I didn't think anything could be better than Creed, but boy, I was wrong!

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) Everybody knows Scott fired Brian because of the Pearl Jam thing. Of course there might be more reasons.
1) Isn't it pretty stupid of him to fire Brian for something small like THAT
2) I'm sorry now, but you crack me up girl! As Titan said Scott said himself that the Pearl Jam thing had nothing to do with that! And if you had been reading the latest interview from BOTH Alter Bridge and Scott you would know the truth as I do. Scott fired Brian 'cause he couldn't stand the guy. And that thing about "If I hadn't fired him I'm not sure if he'd been on this earth right now" is a statement Scott did 'cause Brian was taking drugs. Brian talked a little bit about that in that Kerrang interview you obviously didn't read.

"Brian left the band 'cause if he didn't I don't know if he'd be on this earth right now." What do you think he means by that?
"I think he's referring to my mental state. I was dealing with a lot"
You're talking about drugs, right?
Long pause.
"I wad doing things out on the road I problably shouldn't have done. I was no angel out there, that's for sure." He looks up. "But you know what? Scott wasn't the angel he claimed himself to be either".

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) Stapp: That's not true. There wasn't a fight. There was just no communication [between us]. I had all these health problems, and I isolated myself, and to be honest with you, I didn't feel like anyone cared about anything but making money and touring.
Not true... I don't believe that. That man lies like never before. He also said in a radio interview that he and Mark sat down over the phone and came up with a setlist to Creed's Greatest Hits. Man, Mark and Flip didn't have WANT to release that! They wanted to wait so they could give out some unreleased songs, etc. Anyway... The proove that he lied is in the booklet. The setlist is made by a man named Ryan Smith.

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeekr) Well to me Scott is a god and he will stay that no matter what anyone says.
I'm gone stop this conversation by saying. You're 24... Please act like you were it too. And by quoting our dear friends in Alter Bridge.

"There was a genuine dislike for Scott Stapp. We all took burnt of it for years"

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 06-11-2005, 07:08 AM   #32
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) I think you should check your sources, because everybody knows Scott wrote most of the lyrics. Besides, do you think Creed would have succeeded with Tremonti as singer. It is Scotts voice, lyrics, passion, moves, looks, charisma, spirituality, purity that moves the masses.
You don't even have any sources... And no. To me it was Mark's incredible guitar and Mark's incredible charisma. And sure, Scott was a big part of Creed and I still love that band!

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSekker) Can't you tell the difference in style between Creed songs and Alter Bridge songs? Creed is Scott Stapp and Alter Bridge Tremonti.
Yeah, and I actually like Alter Bridge better! I didn't think anything could be better than Creed, but boy, I was wrong!

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) Everybody knows Scott fired Brian because of the Pearl Jam thing. Of course there might be more reasons.
1) Isn't it pretty stupid of him to fire Brian for something small like THAT?

2) I'm sorry now, but you crack me up girl! As Titan said Scott said himself that the Pearl Jam thing had nothing to do with that! And if you had been reading the latest interviews from BOTH Alter Bridge and Scott you would know the truth as I do. Scott fired Brian 'cause he couldn't stand the guy. And that thing about "If I hadn't fired him I'm not sure if he'd been on this earth right now" is a statement Scott did 'cause Brian was taking drugs. Brian talked a little bit about that in that Kerrang interview you obviously didn't read.

"Brian left the band 'cause if he didn't I don't know if he'd be on this earth right now." What do you think he means by that?
"I think he's referring to my mental state. I was dealing with a lot"
You're talking about drugs, right?
Long pause.
"I wad doing things out on the road I problably shouldn't have done. I was no angel out there, that's for sure." He looks up. "But you know what? Scott wasn't the angel he claimed himself to be either".

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) Stapp: That's not true. There wasn't a fight. There was just no communication [between us]. I had all these health problems, and I isolated myself, and to be honest with you, I didn't feel like anyone cared about anything but making money and touring.
Not true... I don't believe that. That man lies like never before. He also said in a radio interview that he and Mark sat down over the phone and came up with a setlist to Creed's Greatest Hits. Man, Mark and Flip didn't have WANT to release that! They wanted to wait so they could give out some unreleased songs, etc. PLUS AB haven't been talking to him since february last year! Anyway... The proove that he lied is in the booklet. The setlist is made by a man named Ryan Smith.

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeekr) Well to me Scott is a god and he will stay that no matter what anyone says.
I'm gone stop this conversation by saying. You're 24... Please act like you were it too. And by quoting our dear friends in Alter Bridge.

"There was a genuine dislike for Scott Stapp. We all took burnt of it for years"

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 06-11-2005 at 07:12 AM.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:47 AM   #33
MissSeeker
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) But THIS is nonsense I will not stand for! lol, Creed was a good band, great for one album, mediocre and unoriginal after that. And while you can like Stapp or dislike him, slighting Mark like this is ridiculous. Creed would have had NO fans in the rock genre if it hadn't been for Tremo's awesome riffs. And indeed they might have had quite a few more fans had Stapp not been in the band, lol
All three of them made Creed a good band. I'm actually a very big fan of Tremonti and of Philips too. Still you can't deny Scott being the frontman and the one in the spotlight. He did a great job.

"...in the frozen night I prayed, for a touch of warmth so long delayed...
Old 06-11-2005, 10:51 AM   #34
MissSeeker
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Actually some of the songs on One Day Remains do sound very Creed-like.
I don't agree with that, to me Alter Bridge has a totally new sound.

Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) At the risk of sounding repetitive (and we all know repetition is evil) worship the music, not the musician. That statement right there is a little scary. Scott squats to s**t just like the rest of us.
If there was no musician there would be no music. Music says a lot about the person that creates it. By the way, isn't it up to everybody who they wanna worship.

Old 06-11-2005, 11:13 AM   #35
MissSeeker
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) You don't even have any sources... And no. To me it was Mark's incredible guitar and Mark's incredible charisma. And sure, Scott was a big part of Creed and I still love that band!
I remember reading this on several websites. Scott wrote almost all the lyrics. I can't remember the exact links.

Quote: Yeah, and I actually like Alter Bridge better! I didn't think anything could be better than Creed, but boy, I was wrong!
You're entitled to your own opinion. You're free to like Alter Bridge better, I just don't understand all this hostility towards Scott. I personally still like Creed better even thogh Alter Bridge is a good band. The songs are just not as deep as Creed songs.

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) 1) Isn't it pretty stupid of him to fire Brian for something small like THAT
Well I can imagine that Scott cared about the bands reputation and didn't want Creed to be known as an enemy of Pearl Jam. Especially when you consider that many Creed fans are also Pearl Jam fans.

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) 2) I'm sorry now, but you crack me up girl! As Titan said Scott said himself that the Pearl Jam thing had nothing to do with that! And if you had been reading the latest interview from BOTH Alter Bridge and Scott you would know the truth as I do. Scott fired Brian 'cause he couldn't stand the guy. And that thing about "If I hadn't fired him I'm not sure if he'd been on this earth right now" is a statement Scott did 'cause Brian was taking drugs. Brian talked a little bit about that in that Kerrang interview you obviously didn't read.
I can imagine that Brian being heavily addicted on drugs is the biggest reason he had to leave the band. I personally think that if that is true, Scott acted as a friend who was trying to protect Brian from death of an overdose.

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) I'm gone stop this conversation by saying. You're 24... Please act like you were it too. And by quoting our dear friends in Alter Bridge.

I think you should be a lilttle less agressive. You have the right to your opinion, I have the right to mine. Obviously you're one of those people that go with the flow. Alter Bridge is popular at the moment, so you have to diss Scott for not being in it even though you enjoyed him for years. A band is nothing without a good frontman and Scott did his job pretty damn good.
I'm gonna quote Scott on this:
"Walking around I hear the sound of the earth seeking relief,
I'm trying to find a reason to live but the mindless clutter my path,
oh these thorns on my side, these thorns in my side,
I know I have something free, I have something so alive,
I think they shoot 'cause they want it"

By the way what does my age have to do with anything? Does it mean a can't be a fan of Scott Stapp. He is not 'N Sync or Backstreet Boys. I'm not a groepie that follows him around of has a room full of his posters. I respect him very deeply and anyone who is denying his qualities is simply envious.

Old 06-11-2005, 11:46 AM   #36
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) .When it comes to Alter Bridge they have great songs, the only thing missing is a great singer.

I felt the same about Alter Bridge at the beginning, and I have to admit that I used to avoid listen to them, because I loved Creed and I was a little sad about the breakup, but after some member's suggestions here on CreedFeed (by the way, thanks!!-you know who you are-lol) I decided look ODR over. And to my surprise I loved the album, loved the songs. Loved Myles.

And yeah, Myles is definitely a great singer. Of course Stapp has a great voice too ( I'm looking foward to his cd.). Myles did a great job on ODR, specially - ILM, BID and BW. And yeah, he can sing with a lot of passion, and we feel it.

Actually I can't say he's one of the best rock singers, HE is the VERY BEST rock singer.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 06-11-2005 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-11-2005, 01:08 PM   #37
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Who the... what the... someone said AB is missing a great singer?

*twitch*

*twitch*

*tries to hold it*

*is still trying*

*trying very hard*

*fails*

WHAT?!

Myles Kennedy is TWENTY TIMES the singer Scott Stapp will EVER be, and is so much better than msot modern rock singers that people don't even know WHAT to think after hearing him. From a PURELY TECHNICAL standpoint he completely blows any other singer of this rock era out of the water, and from a lyrical standpoint he is much more original than, say, STAPP:

"At times life is wicked and I just can't see the light..."

Oh yeah, GREAT ability there. Not only that, Myles has a sense of humor, has a FUN stage presence instead of a dreary preachy one, and can tear his guitar to pieces, while Stapp can't even play a guitar with it strung all open.

Scoot Friggin Stapp could not lick Myles Kennedy's shoes.

And also ,whoever said to me Stapp is a God... Would you please grow up? I have seen thirteen year olds who don't treat him like a God.

/rant

Sorry guys, I tried to hold it in. But when someone starts comparing Stapp to Myles, I can't. lol
Old 06-11-2005, 01:45 PM   #38
creedsister
USER INFO »
when you underlined WHAT , for a sec i thought it was a web link HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA turns out not
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-11-2005, 02:07 PM   #39
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
^
Yeah... creedsister, it really seemed...

PS: MissSeeker: I'm a Stapp's fan, but please, he's not a God. No one is a God!!!!!!!!! ok?
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 07-23-2005 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:15 PM   #40
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) If there was no musician there would be no music. Music says a lot about the person that creates it. By the way, isn't it up to everybody who they wanna worship.
Yes, you have a point, and it's cool to admire the musician that creates the music. But worship? Stapp's a god? That's a little beyond admiration. That's obsessive. And I think what Lith was trying to say was that at age 24, not many people 'worship' rock stars. Admiration and loyalty yes, but worshipping? That's really what a younger person is more inclined to feel.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 06-11-2005, 02:39 PM   #41
MissSeeker
USER INFO »
Let's not forget that everybody is free to have an opinion. To me Scott Stapp is a rock god, to you he isn't. I don't see what the problem is.

By the way, I do like Alter Bridge a lot, but in my opinion Creed is a level higher thanks to Scott's amazing abilty to touch people with his voice. I also like the way he acts in the video's, very convincing.

Old 06-11-2005, 05:46 PM   #42
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Who the... what the... someone said AB is missing a great singer?

*twitch*

*twitch*

*tries to hold it*

*is still trying*

*trying very hard*

*fails*

WHAT?!

Myles Kennedy is TWENTY TIMES the singer Scott Stapp will EVER be, and is so much better than msot modern rock singers that people don't even know WHAT to think after hearing him. From a PURELY TECHNICAL standpoint he completely blows any other singer of this rock era out of the water, and from a lyrical standpoint he is much more original than, say, STAPP:

"At times life is wicked and I just can't see the light..."

Oh yeah, GREAT ability there. Not only that, Myles has a sense of humor, has a FUN stage presence instead of a dreary preachy one, and can tear his guitar to pieces, while Stapp can't even play a guitar with it strung all open.

Scoot Friggin Stapp could not lick Myles Kennedy's shoes.

And also ,whoever said to me Stapp is a God... Would you please grow up? I have seen thirteen year olds who don't treat him like a God.

/rant

Sorry guys, I tried to hold it in. But when someone starts comparing Stapp to Myles, I can't. lol

Uncertain, I have to agree with you that Myles is the more talented musician of the two and that Myles does have great range and is, in my opinion, a great lead singer. BUT, MissSeeker DOES have a right to not like Myles and to prefer Stapp. She also has a right to say that Myles isn't a great lead singer and that Alter Bridge lacks a great lead man. It's totally her opinion and no matter how much you tell her she's wrong, no matter how unoriginal you say Stapp is, no matter how much you think Stapp sucks at guitar playing(but don't we all when we first begin to play it? It's a whole heckuva lot harder than it looks; I can attest to that), it won't change her opinion. It is really useless, imho, to really debate that with MissSeeker. It's really useless to say how inadequate you think Stapp is in comparison to Myles.

I'm a big fan of the both of them, so I've always TRIED to stay unbiased. Both of them have qualities, AS MUSICIANS, that I really like. Stapp has great stage presence(Myles does as well), lyrics that I can very much relate to(and lyrics that have inspired me to write songs) and a smooth voice(that doesn't irritate me like most modern Rock singers today do). Myles has INCREDIBLE range(no one can deny that), great stage presence, good lyrical ability(I love the stuff he did in MF4) and is a very talented all-around musician(can write lyrics, sing and hold incredible notes, play guitar and compose the music for songs). I can't really compare the two guys as human beings(i.e. outside of music) because I don't know them. That is why you never see me talking about how much of a supposed jerk Stapp is. I just can't judge the guy like that.

Everything that MissSeeker says is in her opinion. Whether you agree with it or not, please TRY to respect her opinion, no matter how outlandish it may seem to you. These are great forums, one of the best on the net, but I've noticed a lot of Stapp related arguments that could easily be prevented by doing one simple thing: respecting a person's opinion. That is why I've tried to stay away from the fights and have tried to remain unbiased, not taking anyone's "side".

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 06-11-2005, 07:12 PM   #43
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Uncertain, I have to agree with you that Myles is the more talented musician of the two and that Myles does have great range and is, in my opinion, a great lead singer. BUT, MissSeeker DOES have a right to not like Myles and to prefer Stapp. She also has a right to say that Myles isn't a great lead singer and that Alter Bridge lacks a great lead man. It's totally her opinion and no matter how much you tell her she's wrong, no matter how unoriginal you say Stapp is, no matter how much you think Stapp sucks at guitar playing(but don't we all when we first begin to play it? It's a whole heckuva lot harder than it looks; I can attest to that), it won't change her opinion. It is really useless, imho, to really debate that with MissSeeker. It's really useless to say how inadequate you think Stapp is in comparison to Myles.

I'm a big fan of the both of them, so I've always TRIED to stay unbiased. Both of them have qualities, AS MUSICIANS, that I really like. Stapp has great stage presence(Myles does as well), lyrics that I can very much relate to(and lyrics that have inspired me to write songs) and a smooth voice(that doesn't irritate me like most modern Rock singers today do). Myles has INCREDIBLE range(no one can deny that), great stage presence, good lyrical ability(I love the stuff he did in MF4) and is a very talented all-around musician(can write lyrics, sing and hold incredible notes, play guitar and compose the music for songs). I can't really compare the two guys as human beings(i.e. outside of music) because I don't know them. That is why you never see me talking about how much of a supposed jerk Stapp is. I just can't judge the guy like that.

Everything that MissSeeker says is in her opinion. Whether you agree with it or not, please TRY to respect her opinion, no matter how outlandish it may seem to you. These are great forums, one of the best on the net, but I've noticed a lot of Stapp related arguments that could easily be prevented by doing one simple thing: respecting a person's opinion. That is why I've tried to stay away from the fights and have tried to remain unbiased, not taking anyone's "side".

Well, this is a message board, everyone is here to discuss things, to put the opinions about music, related to Creed, Stapp , Alter Bridge...
So, if MissSeeker has the right to put her opinion ,expressing her thoughts, saying Alter Bridge needs a great singer, etc...Uncertain also has the SAME right to put his opinions, saying he likes more Myles and considers this guy a Great singer. He does have the right to dislike Stapp and to prefer Myles Kennedy. Is he bashing Stapp? Because if he is, MissSeker is bashing Myles,when she says is not a great singer...

Also, he ( and her of couse) has the right to voice his thoughts, so we have to respect his opinions..In true we have to show respect to EVERYONE OPINIONS!

And if you say you prefer Myles instead of Stapp, or you like more Stapp than Myles, OF COURSE you are comparing...It's normal. It's not a bad thing.It's not the same to say you choosed a side(and its not a terrible thing cause sometimes in life you need to do it) You just prefer something.

I really dont see he's been disrespectful with her(MissSeeker). Lithium also puts his comments about Stapp and Alter Bridge like you did. Like other members did.Like I did . Are these posts disrespectfull too?

So what's the difference???

As for considering Scott Stapp a god...Oh God!!! lol

PS: It's not an uncertain's defense, he doesn't need it, but I can't understand the point ..
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 06-11-2005 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:44 PM   #44
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Well, this is a message board, everyone is here to discuss things, to put the opinions about music, related to Creed, Stapp , Alter Bridge...
So, if MissSeeker has the right to put her opinion ,expressing her thoughts, saying Alter Bridge needs a great singer, etc...Uncertain also has the SAME right to put his opinions, saying he likes more Myles and considers this guy a Great singer. He does have the right to dislike Stapp and to prefer Myles Kennedy. Is he bashing Stapp? Because if he is, MissSeker is bashing Myles,when she says is not a great singer...

Also, he ( and her) has the right to voice his thoughts, so we have to respect his opinions..In true we have to show respect to EVERYONE OPINIONS!

I really dont see he's been disrespectful with her(MissSeeker). Lithium also puts his comments about Stapp and Alter Bridge like you did. Like other members did.Like I did . Are these posts disrespectfull too?

So what's the difference???

PS: It's not an uncertain's defense, he doesn't need it, but I can't understand the point ..

I never said Uncertain couldn't post what he thought. I'm completely in favor of posting one's opinion on something. All I really said was that it really is pointless to turn a thread in the Waxing Poetica into a fight about Myles and Scott. This thread really should have stayed on its intended topic: a poem about Stapp. Instead, it has turned into a she says/he says thing. I think if people want to debate Myles and Stapp, it should be done in either the Alter Bridge, Creed or Stapp forums. What's the point in doing so in here? It completely ruins a thread about a poem about Stapp.

It wasn't MissSeeker that turned this thread into a who is better thread. I'll quote the post that started this whole thing:

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Well, actually it's Mark music! Mark wrote all the music and pretty many lyrics as well. The only released song Scott has ever written by himself is Relearn Love.

Well, actually Alter Bridge is not too crazy about him. And they've toured with him for 7 years. Brian even called him "Pathological lair". And he did that awful Chicago show. And he was in some bar fights. You should really read the Kerrang Interveiw with Alter Bridge.

Meet Alter Bridge.
You knew them as Creed-
until the bizarre
behaviour of frontman Scott Stapp
tore them apart. Now
they're back, with a new
singer, a new outlook, and
some of the weirdest stories
you've ever heard - Kerrang Magazine

Read the interview here. It's worth reading, even if it's not all totally fair. Like the thing with the Anger Management book. That was actually Mark's idea at first. Don't know what happened after that, but they claim Stapp sent it, so I guess that's the truth. Anyway. This interview gives a different side of Creed than what we knew before. And just so you know. I am a Stapp fan, I love his voice, he moves people etc. But he had a hard time growing up and I think that has been following him for a long time now. Maybe his better now, I don't know.

And for the poem... Well, it's more of a fan letter. Gosh, get yourself a boyfriend, this is pretty naive!

//Lith

Because this is a forum devoted to stories/poems/lyrics, that really had no place in this thread(EXCEPT for that last line). Naturally, MissSeeker defended her opinion(as she should) and then it blossomed into this whole argument.

I never said that Uncertain was disrespectful. I never said that anyone was. All I said is that we all(myself included) should try to respect another person's opinion, even if we completely disagree with it. In my opinion, that leads to less fights. I honestly think that with all that's gone on in this thread, it should be split and part of it should be moved to the Stapp or Alter Bridge forum.

I guess part of this could be because I'm a bit fed up with how every thread even remotely related to Scott turns into a 5 or 6(or sometimes more) page argument about how he's a jerk, how Myles is better, how Stapp is better etc. I love these forums, don't think I'm badmouthing the forums. I'm just annoyed with all the Stapp fights.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 06-11-2005, 07:54 PM   #45
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
The point is everyone (or most of the fans) is expecting his cd for a long time...I think most of his fans are a little tired of the expectation, with a lot of delays and promises. So if is like Stapp was disapointing these people, you know...I'm also a Stapp fan, but I'm very tired of sitting and waiting...

Hey, titan I was not trying to be agressive with you. I like you and your posts and respect your opinions, but everytime uncertain expresses his opinions it comes like a polemic on board. lol OK? Sorry
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 06-11-2005 at 08:01 PM.