++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-19-2003, 08:50 PM   #106
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Everyone bases his or her opinions on personal biases, so in my mind opinions by their very nature are biased.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:36 PM   #107
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Last time I checked I was drinking at the Chicago show and every other Creed show I have attended.
When the majority of the audience is drinking at a Creed show, what makes you think that the audience should have the right to be upset that Scott did?

If a 8 or 9 year old wants to get on here and say it hurt his feelings that Scott was drunk, I will listen, but I have seen girls pregnant at 12, kids drunk at 14 and 98% of the people 21 or over at the Creed shows I have gone to are drinking, so quit your bitching and drop the holier then thou attitude because it's not the freakin' crime of the century.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:39 PM   #108
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
.  I am so glad Creed is taking a break, they need it sooooo bad!  Through thick and thin, they are the Ultimate to me and nothing will change that!
Me too. They need and deserve a break. Thanks Jen. I agree. I have been off the board for awhile, so I am just amazed that the nagging expectations and demands still continue - ONE SHOW, damn it, let them BE !! I think it's pretty sad and twisted when some people turn on the beauty of that which may have attracted them to Creed - the passion and the transparent humility of Scott/Creed. So that when a show offends them, they want this same band to act like a business. What I value about Creed is their honesty and humble ability to reveal their feelings and passion, including their hope, their overcoming and their human weaknesses...and to me, that reflects a power to be real!! IMHO this world need to act more from the heart than from the head - did Scott intentiionally HURT anyone?! STANDING STRONG WITH CREED!
Old 01-19-2003, 09:43 PM   #109
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: When the majority of the audience is drinking at a Creed show, what makes you think that the audience should have the right to be upset that Scott did?
This statement makes absolutely no sense. First of all, the majority of the audience was not drunk. Secondly, it doesn't matter. He's the main performer, and fans paid the band $1,000,000.00+ to perform. Instead, Scott shows up drunk and lays on his back for much of the show. It wastes the hard-earned money of the attendees, and shows massive amounts of disrespect to fans.

Quote: so quit your bitching and drop the holier then thou attitude because it's not the freakin' crime of the century.
It's not the crime of the century... duh. We all know the obvious. But these kind of posts are exactly why I keep responding; you accept his behavior and/or don't expect him to be accountable for it.

What ever happened to common decency and respect for your fans? I'm baffled.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-19-2003, 09:50 PM   #110
hotforscott
USER INFO »
It makes perfect sense, I never said that the audience was drunk, but they were drinking. I am not going to sit here and have my words twisted.

I was there, I am not demanding an apology, or my money back. They are allowed to mess up, they are just like everyone else. These people are upset, I see that, but what do they think sitting here and arguing back and forth is going to do. If they want to gripe a month later, they can go see a shrink.

I was trying to get the point across that the subject needs to be dropped. I am not going to drink at a Creed show and be upset that Scott was drinking.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:58 PM   #111
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: They need and deserve a break.
Agreed.

Quote: when a show offends them, they want this same band to act like a business. What I value about Creed is their honesty
No, if I wanted them to act like a business, I'd expect them to give my money back. I personally don't care so much about the money.

Most people in that arena felt slapped firmly in the face at Scott's total lack of concern and respect for his fans. Is it so much to expect an apology? Why in the world not?

Think of it this way:

You're going to have a birthday dinner at an expensive restaraunt and treat 4 of your friends to a $100-per-plate meal. 3 of your friends prove to be great company, and you enjoy them very much. But one of your friends walks into the restaraunt completely drunk, stumbling around, knocking over waiters and shouting at other diners. Your friend takes his shirt off, wanders to your table, and sits down, dazed. He then spends the rest of the dining time passed out on the floor.

Your friend never apologizes to you or even speaks to you about it.

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-19-2003, 10:01 PM   #112
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by velocityidp
... you accept his behavior and/or don't expect him to be accountable for it.  

Incorrect. They accept the fact that what he did happened, and folks like hotforscott are chalking it up to a bad day.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:04 PM   #113
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: They are allowed to mess up, they are just like everyone else.
Yes, they are allowed to "mess up." Indeed, this was a HUGE mess up. That's not the point though. One can screw up, but it's his responsibility to own up for it and make it right with the fans. His inability to do that shows massive amounts of disrespect, above and beyond the incident itself.

Quote: I am not going to drink at a Creed show and be upset that Scott was drinking.
Again, that's not a valid point at all. It has nothing to do with anything contained in this thread.

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-19-2003, 10:10 PM   #114
JenRN
USER INFO »
Souldancer..... Glad you came and saw what has been going on here. Bottom line the band needs a break, and I hope they get the well deserved break they need!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-19-2003, 10:17 PM   #115
marlsy
USER INFO »
Gawd! We all know Scott screwed up, he's human like you and me!!! LET IT GOOOOOO, if you can't YOUR LOSS!
Old 01-19-2003, 10:21 PM   #116
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by marlsy
Gawd!  We all know Scott screwed up, he's human like you and me!!!  LET IT GOOOOOO, if you can't YOUR LOSS!

Thank you Marsly! I agree "some" people just seem to not let up, it is getting old! Taking words out of context and twisting them around, who the hell needs that on here? We are all fans "I think" so move on to better things! It is obvious that we all do not agree here SO WHAT!!!!!!

Hey nice avatar, that is my favorite pic of Scott!!!!! that will give me sweet dreams tonight!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-19-2003, 10:32 PM   #117
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by velocityidp
Agreed.

Think of it this way:  

You're going to have a birthday dinner at an expensive restaraunt and treat 4 of your friends to a $100-per-plate meal. 3 of your friends prove to be great company, and you enjoy them very much. But one of your friends walks into the restaraunt completely drunk, stumbling around, knocking over waiters and shouting at other diners. Your friend takes his shirt off, wanders to your table, and sits down, dazed. He then spends the rest of the dining time passed out on the floor.

Your friend never apologizes to you or even speaks to you about it.

First of all, would it have made a difference if it was a $3 fast food meal? Does the value, the MONEY make the real difference? As for apology...what does that mean. Do you want a confession and written statement asking for forgiveness? I believe that Creed has posted about the Chicago show... I guess, everyone had different 'needs' of others.

Back to the party scenario...if I had a friend do this (and maybe I have ?) ...they would be my friend STILL..I may feel embassed about the situation and see it as a sign for help - but I certainly wouldn't dismiss them as a friend - I would have compassion. We all choose our own social rules to live by - I am grateful to have friends that would stand by me in dark times and act with compassion instead of some Rule Book of what is "Right or Wrong" and how to "Properly fix it"...
Old 01-19-2003, 10:51 PM   #118
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well said, SD!
Old 01-19-2003, 10:51 PM   #119
JenRN
USER INFO »
Souldancer you are the best!!!!!!!!! You took the words right out of my mouth! I feel the exact same way but I am too tired after working 14 hours to express myself! Yeah I guess that is why I have so many friends, I forgive and go on in times like that, if it was me I would want the same courtesy! It is sad some people in this world can't let go and have some compassion for one another. There is so much negativity in the world now, we need to not be so hard on each other. If those who focus all their time on analizing what others "should do" would just stop, this world would not be so shallow and harsh! Some people need to point that high powered perception right back at themselves!!!!!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-19-2003, 11:44 PM   #120
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
<b> &nbsp;If those who focus all their time on analizing what others "should do" &nbsp;would just stop, this world would not be so shallow and harsh! </b>
LOL! That is so funny and true! Thanks