++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-28-2009, 08:57 PM   #16
skyguy86
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Creed vs. Disturbed - go vote Creed!

Quote: (Originally Posted by badisabella) See/ Nobody's debating me. Proves the point.

Creed are fucking metal.

Except for that tree stump moment...not metal.

Everything else...metal. Me-tal. Heavy fucking me-tal, baby.

Somehow I doubt if you asked Creed what type of band they are that they would say metal. And thats completely ok. Why? THEY AREN'T TRYING TO BE A METAL BAND!!!! They want to be a rock band and nothing more. Why fight it? They play good in their genre, and their genre is straight up rock music. Granted, some of their songs (i.e. "Bullets" and "Freedom Fighter", for example) have some heavy metal aspects, but that doesn't make them a heavy metal band. It simply does not. But like someone stated before, if that's how you view Creed and want to label them, by all means, go ahead and do it. But there are going to be very few people who share your mindset on the genre of the band.

The best argument I have is that when I go to Pandora Radio online, when I create a "Heavy Metal" station, it has not once played a Creed song. And Pandora is pretty smart when it comes to sorting bands into genres I have found.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #17
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) I thought Creed was a thrash polka band I don't what to believe in anymore
ROFL!
Old 05-31-2009, 07:42 PM   #18
badisabella
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) All right dude, whatever helps you sleep at night. If you really need to delude yourself into thinking they're metal, in order to feel secure about listening to them. Be my guest. But Creed is not metal. Nobody was debating you because these forums probably only have around 11 posters that visit this site regularly. That hardly proves your point, especially since you have nothing to back-up your statement.

If you were to show me proof of them being metal, somehow, than you might have an argument. But at this point you're just a raging fanboy. I actually dont even care what their classified as. I don't even care if people label them as christian. It doesnt bother me. It's you, badisabella. You have me intrigued.

If you're saying Creed have 11 fans on this forum, perhaps they should cum out and proclaim their METAL heritage.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:40 PM   #19
skyguy86
USER INFO »

I'm a metal head, but I don't consider Creed to be metal to be honest.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #20
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by badisabella) If you're saying Creed have 11 fans on this forum, perhaps they should cum out and proclaim their METAL heritage.
That's not what I said.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:31 PM   #21
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer

Someone needs to pay more attention to people's posts instead of picking out the first line they see... :/

And like he said, Whatever helps you sleep at night. I mean, really. The fact is, no one CARES what genre they are. We could argue this until Armageddon, but the fact remains that genre is much less important than people make it out to be.

Music is fuckin' music, get over it -- and yourself.