++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-28-2004, 07:34 PM   #16
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
I think that everyone (and I do mean everyone - not those reading this thread, but all Creed/AB/Stapp fans) needs to take a step back and stop worrying so much about the band members themselves and start looking at what's important - the music. Who cares why Creed broke up or who was at fault? Sure it'd be interesting to know, but in the end, does it really make a difference? If you like the music, are you going to stop listening to the band because a member pointed the finger at another? Because you lose respect for a member? I've lost respect for Scott Weiland (sp?) due to his numerous problems with drugs and the law, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to be a fan of his band or his music.

Let's just all let this go. We can talk about it all we want, and I encourage the discussions, however starting arguments over it online isn't going to solve anything.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 06-28-2004, 09:20 PM   #17
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Well at least they spelled Mark's last name right once.
That's my fault Teri, I couldn't find the link. I'm a subscriber of RS and I looked at the website and couldn't find this article. (I type too fast sometimes)

Steve, I apologize, if I knew this was going to start an argument I wouldn't have posted it. It's just been so quiet lately around here that I thought I would share the latest article. You are so right about it being about the music. I still listen to Creed all the time, but it still saddens me to know that there will not be any new Creed music in the near future. We will still have Scott's voice and Alter Bridge, but that Tremonti/Stapp combination was something special.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:59 PM   #18
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Ooops, sorry Robyn. I thought it was the RS people, not you.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Last edited by TeriB19 : 06-28-2004 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:26 PM   #19
cjme
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Going out on a limb here, but IMO, Stapp must be loving this. Here are many of the fans of Creed now seeming to take sides, and the more interviews that the media do with AB, and the more the fans pick apart each and every comment, the more the fans who liked Scott more than the rest can say it was everyone else's fault and Scott was dissed. And the less Scott says on his behalf, the more it makes Mark and Flip look like the bad guys. I am one who is not taking sides, so no one better give me any crap but I have to laugh at those who are picking apart everything that ever came out of Mark's mouth or Scott's mouth to see how what they said back then predicted their future. I think, at this point, Scott's keeping quiet for a very good reason. Again, just my .

....and I was just about to give you shit

*backs out quietly before getting her ass kicked
Old 06-28-2004, 10:28 PM   #20
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by cjme) ....and I was just about to give you shit

*backs out quietly before getting her ass kicked
Too late, woman, I see you!! You want a piece of me? Huh? Huh? Do ya? Do ya?

***sorry, I've been watching Finding Nemo waaaaaaayyyy too much.

Old 06-28-2004, 10:37 PM   #21
cjme
USER INFO »
Ya know Dori....I mean Teri, come get me chicka. Fight of the giants uh? lol
Old 06-28-2004, 10:51 PM   #22
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Look Harpo, Elmo, Chico, Bingo,

Old 06-28-2004, 10:54 PM   #23
cjme
USER INFO »
follow me......hey, why are you following me?
Old 06-29-2004, 01:58 AM   #24
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Steve, I apologize, if I knew this was going to start an argument I wouldn't have posted it.

Not your fault... my comments were made in general. There's lots of other threads that are worse than this one.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 06-29-2004, 02:19 AM   #25
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) I think that everyone (and I do mean everyone - not those reading this thread, but all Creed/AB/Stapp fans) needs to take a step back and stop worrying so much about the band members themselves and start looking at what's important - the music.

Yes!
Old 07-01-2004, 11:58 PM   #26
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Going out on a limb here, but IMO, Stapp must be loving this. Here are many of the fans of Creed now seeming to take sides, and the more interviews that the media do with AB, and the more the fans pick apart each and every comment, the more the fans who liked Scott more than the rest can say it was everyone else's fault and Scott was dissed. And the less Scott says on his behalf, the more it makes Mark and Flip look like the bad guys. I am one who is not taking sides, so no one better give me any crap but I have to laugh at those who are picking apart everything that ever came out of Mark's mouth or Scott's mouth to see how what they said back then predicted their future. I think, at this point, Scott's keeping quiet for a very good reason. Again, just my .
Very good point my friend!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 07-03-2004, 11:26 AM   #27
ggp2004
USER INFO »
I just wanted to say that one of the reasons I joined this board was to get info on what was going on and have other Creed fans to talk to about the breakup. So far, most of what I read is arguing over who's fault it was. I don't care who's fault it was! I LOVE CREED. The important part to me is that my favorite band is gone. Yeah, don't say it, I know there is AB. But to tell the truth I'm not impressed with Myles' voice, its not my thing. I feel like I have a right to be upset and was hoping that I would find some support here but instead its bickering and "get over it". Well, you know what, I'm not over it. Isn't anyone else feeling this way? If you don't, then I'm not talking to you anyway, so please no hateful comments.
Old 07-03-2004, 12:20 PM   #28
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ggp2004) I just wanted to say that one of the reasons I joined this board was to get info on what was going on and have other Creed fans to talk to about the breakup. So far, most of what I read is arguing over who's fault it was. I don't care who's fault it was! I LOVE CREED. The important part to me is that my favorite band is gone. Yeah, don't say it, I know there is AB. But to tell the truth I'm not impressed with Myles' voice, its not my thing. I feel like I have a right to be upset and was hoping that I would find some support here but instead its bickering and "get over it". Well, you know what, I'm not over it. Isn't anyone else feeling this way? If you don't, then I'm not talking to you anyway, so please no hateful comments.
First off, let me welcome you to the board. I'm sorry if you got that impression about the arguing. I won't tell you to "get over it", I totally understand how you are feeling. Creed is my favorite band too and I am deeply saddened about the break-up. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that one day in the future the guys will reconcile. It took me a long time to accept the fact that they are not together. If everything goes as planned, you will be able to hear Scott's voice on a new song at the end of August.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and if you go back and read the older threads on this subject, you will find that most people aren't taking sides. Most of the Creed fans here are looking forward to both AB and Scott's new music.
Old 07-03-2004, 04:27 PM   #29
ggp2004
USER INFO »
Thanks for the understanding, Shadow. I can't wait to hear Scott's new stuff! He is my favorite singer in the world!!
Old 07-05-2004, 10:06 AM   #30
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ggp2004) I just wanted to say that one of the reasons I joined this board was to get info on what was going on and have other Creed fans to talk to about the breakup. So far, most of what I read is arguing over who's fault it was. I don't care who's fault it was! I LOVE CREED. The important part to me is that my favorite band is gone. Yeah, don't say it, I know there is AB. But to tell the truth I'm not impressed with Myles' voice, its not my thing. I feel like I have a right to be upset and was hoping that I would find some support here but instead its bickering and "get over it". Well, you know what, I'm not over it. Isn't anyone else feeling this way? If you don't, then I'm not talking to you anyway, so please no hateful comments.

I won't tell you to get over it. Truthfully....I would rather have Creed back. Whether that will ever happen...who knows. I would rather they be happy doing something else than miserable otherwise. When all of this talk of a new band came about....I really did wish everyone the best of luck. Maybe I don't feel that way now....but I don't wish bad luck on anyone. But, like you, I'm not exactly wowed by Alter Bridge...and that's made me an outcast a some places that I visit. Telling me I'm stupid if I cant see the genius in it. If I listened to other people's opinions rather than mine about my musical choices.....I would have never listened to Creed.

Just wait it out....there will be other stuff to listen to in August....and then again in....oh....I'm guessing maybe October, November.