++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-31-2006, 06:44 PM   #31
IamFilthy
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: why we adore Scott

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Yeah seriously. Great dad? You guys don't have a clue what a great dad is. It is NOT someone who has been on drugs, currently has an alchoholic problem, is divorced, and is away on tour all the time.

Anyway, I you think you guys adore Scott because you are nuts.

Sorry. Flame me if you must but I hadn't lashed out against Stapp for so long I was feeling... itchy. lol

Personally, I don't think you or anybody else has a clue as to whether or not he is a great dad. Do you know him? Does anyone else know him? I doubt it.
I've been living a double life
Old 03-31-2006, 08:02 PM   #32
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

I do know him. I knw quite a bit of him. Indeed, I probably know more of him than a lot of people I live next door to.

People love to pretend that celebtrities' "personal lives" (whatever they are in the first place) are somehow seperate. Give me a break.

People's actions come out of their character. People who never break any laws generally have decent character. People who commit felonies generally do not. People who do what Scott Stapp does/has done almost exclusively do not have good characters. Can people change? Sure. But everytime some Stapp worshipper mentions how he changed, he gets arrested or punches someone. He clearly has serious issues.

If you wanna like his lack of musical talent, go ahead. But saying he is a great dad is an insult to the real dads everywhere.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:23 PM   #33
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) I do know him. I knw quite a bit of him. Indeed, I probably know more of him than a lot of people I live next door to.

People love to pretend that celebtrities' "personal lives" (whatever they are in the first place) are somehow seperate. Give me a break.

People's actions come out of their character. People who never break any laws generally have decent character. People who commit felonies generally do not. People who do what Scott Stapp does/has done almost exclusively do not have good characters. Can people change? Sure. But everytime some Stapp worshipper mentions how he changed, he gets arrested or punches someone. He clearly has serious issues.

If you wanna like his lack of musical talent, go ahead. But saying he is a great dad is an insult to the real dads everywhere.
another stupid response, wouldn't expect less
Old 03-31-2006, 10:12 PM   #34
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) another stupid response, wouldn't expect less

Another stupid response, wouldn't expect less.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:14 PM   #35
IamFilthy
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) If you wanna like his lack of musical talent, go ahead. But saying he is a great dad is an insult to the real dads everywhere.

Now,..pay close attention.....I never said he was a great father or a bad father. Why? Because I don't know him personally and I'm positive you don't as well. If you wanna come to a conclusion based on his tribulations in the media, go ahead. I choose not to b/c there is a side that WE don't know of him. If you really dislike him(and his music) then why do you show up on the Stapp forum every once in a while and give your two cents. You would think that your time could be spent better praising your favorite band. I don't know, maybe not.
I've been living a double life
Old 03-31-2006, 11:30 PM   #36
titan9
USER INFO »

I gotta disagree with Uncertain(big surprise there). What you see and what actually occurs behind closed doors, out of the public light, are two different things, imo. We see this guy who has made a fool of himself time and time again.....but have we seen with our own eyes how he reacts with his child? No, we haven't. We can only assume that based on the fact that he is a recovering alcoholic, based on the fact that he has made so many mistakes, that he probably isn't the world's greatest father. But we do not know that for sure. We don't know how much he loves his child, or how good of a dad he is. And because we do not know him personally, because we have only seen what he is like in the public eye, we can't really judge how good of a father he is. Which is why I prefer not to discuss his personal life, because I don't know the guy on a personal basis. I only know the musician. All I know is that he, like everyone else, has his faults. He's been addicted to alcohol and drugs. That doesn't make him incapable of being a good father.

I know a guy personally who has some addictions and he is a father.....and a damn good one at that. Yes, he has his problems, but he is trying his hardest to overcome those.....and it isn't easy for him because bad habits are tough to break. But this guy loves his kid with all his heart and would give his life for his kid. Despite his faults, he's really a good guy at heart. The point of this example is this: just because Scott Stapp is an alcoholic, a "druggie", that doesn't mean he can't be a good father to his child.

I really wish people would stop focusing so much on his personal life and instead focus on the music. I know it's hard, but focusing on the music would lead to a lot less namecalling and fights around here.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 03-31-2006, 11:41 PM   #37
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

I,ve Gotta Put In My 2 Cents Now we dont know what goes on behind close doors But Neverthless I Believe HE IS A KICK ASS FATHER of courage and good for thought of putting his childs life and securtiy first Being A Parent Is A Job Let Alone Everything Else So Yes I Agree with ya Lets Foucus On The Music And Not The Personal Stuff
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 04-01-2006, 04:09 AM   #38
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

in milwaukee you could see that when jaggar sat on his lap for wawo how much care he has, uncertain just loves to hear himself talk and has no relevance as usual.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:13 AM   #39
Robin101
USER INFO »

I see that naive fools with nothing better to do have decided to make unenlightened comments about Stapp...again!

During a very short period in Stapp's life he became the 'infamous' front man of the biggest band in the world, was divorced, injured his back in a car accident, developed a callus on his vocal cord, broke up with his band, was (and still is), fighting drug and alcohol addictions and, not to mention, was taking unnecessary criticism from jealous fellow artists and the media. While all of this was going on he was a single father of a young boy. He's come through all of this to release a solid debut album and still has the love of his family - including Jagger.

So, to his detractors, I ask you - Could you have overcome these problems, with or without being a single father?

So much is said in the world today about single mothers but very little is said about single fathers - like Stapp.

Take Care

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger

Last edited by Robin101 : 04-01-2006 at 07:17 AM.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:17 AM   #40
HigherGirl
USER INFO »

A beautiful voice
A beautiful face
A beautiful father
Old 04-01-2006, 10:17 AM   #41
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) I see that naive fools with nothing better to do have decided to make unenlightened comments about Stapp...again!

During a very short period in Stapp's life he became the 'infamous' front man of the biggest band in the world, was divorced, injured his back in a car accident, developed a callus on his vocal cord, broke up with his band, was (and still is), fighting drug and alcohol addictions and, not to mention, was taking unnecessary criticism from jealous fellow artists and the media. While all of this was going on he was a single father of a young boy. He's come through all of this to release a solid debut album and still has the love of his family - including Jagger.

So, to his detractors, I ask you - Could you have overcome these problems, with or without being a single father?

So much is said in the world today about single mothers but very little is said about single fathers - like Stapp.

Take Care
well said, the trolls have nothing better to do.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:51 AM   #42
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) I see that naive fools with nothing better to do have decided to make unenlightened comments about Stapp...again!

Take Care

damn straight. Stapp = Best Father Ever
Old 04-01-2006, 03:22 PM   #43
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

^That is simply disgusting. It is like giving Larry King a father award.

You are correct Titan. Usually what goes on behind closed doors in celebrities lives is WORSE then what we initially hear.

You people are the same kind of people who can look at Barry Bonds and say with a straight face that he probably never took steroids.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:51 PM   #44
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

you really are clueless uncertain but some things never change.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:17 PM   #45
MackaN
USER INFO »

Those who claim that Stapp's a bad father sure as hell are stupid and those who claim that he sure as hell is a great dad knows everything about anything.

Stapptastic world we live in