++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 09-28-2003, 09:36 AM   #16
Delirium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Well Yoga was started by the new agers. So you should really watch out what the yoga teacher is going on about, cause any new age practice should be avoided since their philosophy is all through that kind of stuff.

(no offence to new agers just my advice to a fellow Christian)
Old 09-28-2003, 01:16 PM   #17
Lechium
USER INFO »
I though yoga was started by Hindu?
Old 09-28-2003, 03:50 PM   #18
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Torn Signs
To give you all a clue, he is a Christian. A huge one. I am not him so I can not interpret it like he did. I can't explain it well either. 15 years, cool! What kind?  

Peace out.

Chung moo Quan style, now also teaches Russian Sombo as well and Tai- Chi

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 10-01-2003, 07:56 AM   #19
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
coo styles od martial arts !

I'm otherwise known as: WTLF-101
Old 10-26-2003, 01:36 AM   #20
souldancer
USER INFO »
In response to this thread question, my answer would be, "That's a big negative - as far as I can see and feel it!! " Yoga means "union" - with the divine. This science/discipline/practice...whatever you want to call it (BUT NOT EVIL) is over, 5,000 years and the classical practices have to do with preparation for meditation. Sure, yoga has recently become a fad that focuses primarily on the physical aspect and it's breadth and true purpose has been diluted. With roots from traditions that practice a 'direct path to the Absoulute' it is no wonder that some people have questions and fear.
My final comment is...TRY IT FROM A REPUTABLE TEACHER...and see if it doesn't help you feel more at peace, loving and closer to your God!
Old 11-08-2003, 08:35 PM   #21
creedwisdom
USER INFO »
just wanted to say : to my sista souldancer & hi to all!! i just got re-registered on this board!
Old 11-08-2003, 09:37 PM   #22
creedsister
USER INFO »
hay there,,creedwisdom,,im..creed sister,,,peace
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 11-12-2003, 01:21 AM   #23
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
<!--QuoteBegin-mel!ssa+09-28-2003 06:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mel!ssa @ 09-28-2003 06:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Yeah, whatever.

I think what your instructor meant was something along the lines of, the exercising part of yoga is fine, beneficial and all that, but the meditation part, if you are a true master at it and can manage to completely and totally empty your head (and not many can do this completely), then yes it leaves the way open for demons to enter. It doesn't happen very often, and not as much as it used to, but it does happen. [/b][/quote]
By Biblical Standards Evils Spirits, Demons, and Satan cannot possess the mind of a "saved" person. They can oppress but never possess. And for that matter evil thought can enter into your head whether it is "empty" or not. I am a mother of 3 kids one of which is ADHD and Bipolar and I am Biplar and Borderline Personality Disorder as well. Let me tell you that I have tons of things going through my head at any given moment and I have thought of some pretty evil things. And please give me a break when are people going to stop blaming "the devil" for every bad thought. Take some responsibility for your own thoughts people! Geez!

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~
Old 11-12-2003, 01:24 AM   #24
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
<!--QuoteBegin-Delirium+09-28-2003 08:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Delirium @ 09-28-2003 08:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Well Yoga was started by the new agers. So you should really watch out what the yoga teacher is going on about, cause any new age practice should be avoided since their philosophy is all through that kind of stuff.

(no offence to new agers just my advice to a fellow Christian) [/b][/quote]
The word Yoga comes from the Sanskrit word 'yuj' meaning to yoke, join or unite.

It is a philosophical science of self - realization and transformation, independently guiding one into recognizing his fullest potential and purpose in life (Essence of spirit).

The origin of yoga pre-dates Indian Hindu and Buddhist religions and in that context, Yoga is not a religion.

In Yogic philosophy we have three bodies; the Physical, Subtle (astral) and Causal (spirit), which is the path to the integration of self or "self realization".

By acknowledging and integrating the individual aspects of ourselves from the physical, mental and emotional we can achieve a contented, balanced and above all useful life.

Old 11-12-2003, 01:28 AM   #25
MrSeeker
USER INFO »
Lady V. !!!
Your back!!! where did you go???
well,anywayz,nice to see you back : )

Favorite bands,
As I Lay Dying
Demon Hunter
August Burns Red
Becoming The Archetype

Voices are hidden
Giving shame to my name
Am I no better forgiven
If I leave this world the same.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:31 AM   #26
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-MrSeeker+11-12-2003 01:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MrSeeker @ 11-12-2003 01:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Lady V. !!!
Your back!!! where did you go???
well,anywayz,nice to see you back : ) [/b][/quote]
I've been around. I've stopped in here a few times but never posted. I've been doing well. Was on a spiritual journey of sorts. Maybe I'll share it with the board soon.

Old 11-12-2003, 01:56 AM   #27
MrSeeker
USER INFO »
good to hear

Favorite bands,
As I Lay Dying
Demon Hunter
August Burns Red
Becoming The Archetype

Voices are hidden
Giving shame to my name
Am I no better forgiven
If I leave this world the same.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:52 AM   #28
Prs4me
USER INFO »
Idunno if Yoga itself is evil, can it lead to bad things, maybe...
set your mind on the things of God and you will think about the things of God, empty your mind...well idleness is the devils playground.
Old 11-12-2003, 04:24 PM   #29
creedsister
USER INFO »
your,,right,,prs4me...keep your,,mind always upon the lord your god,,,he will,,never...lead you..wrong,,,peace
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 11-12-2003, 09:39 PM   #30
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
It is IMPOSSIBLE to keep one's mind upon "the Lord" or anyother God for that matter all of the time. We are imperfect humans for crying out loud. I don't know about you but I have a life to lead. All around me there is hussle and bussle of everyday life. If yoga/meditation up my God helps me to clear my mind of the junk that's in there WHAT IS SO "SINFUL" ABOUT THAT?! Geez! I just don't believe you people know what yoga really is.