++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-13-2005, 08:37 PM   #271
ctfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
The man could sing Rocky Top and make it sound good. Besides, to the guys in Goneblind, they are performing cover songs, just the same lead singer, singing them.

And it's Mark/Michael's word against Stapp's when it comes to any agreement. Stapp can perform whatever he wants as far as I'm concerned.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:49 AM   #272
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) The man could sing Rocky Top and make it sound good. Besides, to the guys in Goneblind, they are performing cover songs, just the same lead singer, singing them.

The problem is not with Goneblind doing them. It is with Stapp. They are not touring as "Goneblind", they are going to be ouring as "Scott Stapp".

Quote: And it's Mark/Michael's word against Stapp's when it comes to any agreement. Stapp can perform whatever he wants as far as I'm concerned.

That is pure and blatant fanboyism... I mean, I guess that makes sense on the Scott board, but come on, see a little reason.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:21 PM   #273
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
well... i had one messed up dream last night... i was at a stapp concert, and everything was awesome... he was playin all his songs and it was such an awesome show haha. but then he started playin OLB... and in my dream i freaked out, i was so pissed...

thinkin about it now, his album is so good, he wouldn't even need to do creed songs... and i honestly think that if he does creed songs on tour i'm not gonna go see the show... i never got to see creed live and i don't wanna see scott and GB doing creed songs... it's so disrespectful to Mark and Flip, and even more to us fans... if he goes ahead with it i won't be going to see him
Old 11-04-2005, 02:28 PM   #274
titan9
USER INFO »
I'll just say what I said before: if he starts to play a Creed song at a concert I am attending, I will walk out and try to make as big of a scene as possible. If I hear that he is playing Creed songs on tour, I will still attend one of his concerts because I do not want to regret not seeing him/AB live. I never was fortunate enough to see Creed live, so that would be the next best thing.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-04-2005, 02:41 PM   #275
Creed7352
USER INFO »
if he does creed songs...which i know he will cause he said he will...they'll be "higher," "wawo," and "ms." i don't see him doing any others....those are the 3 biggest money makin' singles that creed had and most easily identifiable creed songs (which is what he'll go for i assume).
Old 11-04-2005, 03:06 PM   #276
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I'll just say what I said before: if he starts to play a Creed song at a concert I am attending, I will walk out and try to make as big of a scene as possible. If I hear that he is playing Creed songs on tour, I will still attend one of his concerts because I do not want to regret not seeing him/AB live. I never was fortunate enough to see Creed live, so that would be the next best thing.
really???

I thought you liked the idea of him playing Creed.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:10 PM   #277
titan9
USER INFO »
No, I never said that. And if I did, well, I've changed my mind. If I did say it, I probably changed my mind because I heard about his agreement with Mark to not play Creed songs on tour. I guess I don't like the idea of him betraying Mark and Flip(and Creed fans) by playing those songs.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-04-2005, 04:13 PM   #278
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
I can't wait for his tour and whatever he picks to play that is his choice.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:21 PM   #279
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) The man could sing Rocky Top and make it sound good. Besides, to the guys in Goneblind, they are performing cover songs, just the same lead singer, singing them.
Dude, Stapp can't even sing Reach Out without hitting false notes on his own solo CD. He used t obe way better
Old 11-06-2005, 03:28 PM   #280
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) The problem is not with Goneblind doing them. It is with Stapp. They are not touring as "Goneblind", they are going to be ouring as "Scott Stapp".

That is pure and blatant fanboyism... I mean, I guess that makes sense on the Scott board, but come on, see a little reason.

Woopsy, missed this one. Argue much??

Old 11-06-2005, 03:35 PM   #281
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Dude, Stapp can't even sing Reach Out without hitting false notes on his own solo CD. He used t obe way better

Man, have you ever heard the song Rocky Top?? Even I could stomach that song with him singing it.

What the hell is a "false note"?? How can you tell?? Would you know one if you heard one?? If you look at the lyrics...does it say, "insert false note here"?? Did he tell you he has to hit false notes?? Did he call you up and say...."dude, on that song Reach Out, I hit a couple false notes, think anyone can tell"??

Your just full of digs.

Old 11-06-2005, 04:35 PM   #282
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Man, have you ever heard the song Rocky Top?? Even I could stomach that song with him singing it.

What the hell is a "false note"?? How can you tell?? Would you know one if you heard one?? If you look at the lyrics...does it say, "insert false note here"?? Did he tell you he has to hit false notes?? Did he call you up and say...."dude, on that song Reach Out, I hit a couple false notes, think anyone can tell"??

Your just full of digs.

I guess someone needs a "Music Theory for Dummies" book.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:39 PM   #283
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) I guess someone needs a "Music Theory for Dummies" book.

They have a book out for people like that?? Sa-weeet! Does it have the definition of a false note in it??

Hmm, I don't need to theorize a song to know if I like it. I just listen, so I guess that book isn't for me. But hey, if you want to pick up a copy for yourself....go for it man.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:11 PM   #284
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I'm not the one here looking for a definition of false note, falsettos and whatsoever.

I wonder if you like the music for one and only specific reason or if you analyse it to check if it's indeed a good song or not.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:11 PM   #285
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan)

A false note is when you aren't on key, generally. Don't act ignorant just because you have run out of ways to defend your demigod.