++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

View Poll Results: Thoughts on CreedFeed Redesign?
Keep it as is, no change 1 10.00%
Just change colors and/or width of pages 1 10.00%
Complete template redesign 6 60.00%
Other ideas (see my post below) 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-2010, 11:00 PM   #16
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Site Updates Poll - Design Thoughts?

Quote: (Originally Posted by TrulyAmazing) i,ll try to do a test on it not that i wish to change me avi, see if it works, if it works for me and not you, then it may be your browser, or what steve calls cookies, so help me lord, me mam had to hook up a mouse for me this week, and that is saying a lot,
well i checked it out, and got the same message, lookie likes...we keeping our avis, for the present,
Old 08-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #17
nagpo
USER INFO »

Any news on this?
Old 08-22-2010, 09:21 PM   #18
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) Any news on this?
i guess steve has not had time to look upon it, for those of us wanting to change avitars, im keeping mine though, for a while proabley till i get my own album cover,
Old 08-22-2010, 09:54 PM   #19
VJ Raven
USER INFO »

Personally I like CF as it is but since other sites have been upgrading maybe it wouldn't hurt to do a complete redesign on it.

In fact, Passion Breeds Followers added User Groups, Photos and Visitor Messaging within the last year or so (or was it before that?? I can't remember when Julie added them!!). They kept the same color scheme to make sure that everyone still recognized the site. A new picture from the Delray concert was put up and I think PBF looks great.

I was a member of a vBulletin site that has blogs but that feature does use up a LOT of server space, even with a site that has less than 100 members in it. In fact, at the time, we members were asked to only post no more than 10 blogs and most of us followed that rule to the letter. We'd post a new blog and take our oldest one down... We'd then either post it in our blog elsewhere or just save it on our computers for reference.

Templates are a great idea, maybe use the brown that we have here now as the default and add something like a "Creed Logo Theme" and maybe an "Alter Bridge" or "Scott Stapp" theme for people to choose from? We're all fans of of the guys of Creed so maybe even have a Tremonti, a Flip Phillips and a Brian Marshall theme in there somewhere too?

Heck we could have a design contest and have the winner featured as one of the templates. One of my sites does that every single year and the designs are absolutely beautiful.

I know vBulletin also has the option of allowing members to customize their profiles if a site allows it. That is a nice feature and I really like it on my largest site, I have a customized profile in there and I've had a lot of compliments on my design.

I know some sites have "subscribed" members who pay X number of dollars a month for a lot of extras... More Private messaging space, their own e-mail from the site, a blog, extra photos, larger avatars, and just a ton of other goodies.

I'm just tossing ideas out there of course. I'll be happy with whatever our mods and administrator decide!!

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing.
~Me~

Music is vital to life, as vital as breathing.
~Me~

Old 08-23-2010, 10:01 AM   #20
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by VJ Raven) Personally I like CF as it is but since other sites have been upgrading maybe it wouldn't hurt to do a complete redesign on it.

In fact, Passion Breeds Followers added User Groups, Photos and Visitor Messaging within the last year or so (or was it before that?? I can't remember when Julie added them!!). They kept the same color scheme to make sure that everyone still recognized the site. A new picture from the Delray concert was put up and I think PBF looks great.

I was a member of a vBulletin site that has blogs but that feature does use up a LOT of server space, even with a site that has less than 100 members in it. In fact, at the time, we members were asked to only post no more than 10 blogs and most of us followed that rule to the letter. We'd post a new blog and take our oldest one down... We'd then either post it in our blog elsewhere or just save it on our computers for reference.

Templates are a great idea, maybe use the brown that we have here now as the default and add something like a "Creed Logo Theme" and maybe an "Alter Bridge" or "Scott Stapp" theme for people to choose from? We're all fans of of the guys of Creed so maybe even have a Tremonti, a Flip Phillips and a Brian Marshall theme in there somewhere too?

Heck we could have a design contest and have the winner featured as one of the templates. One of my sites does that every single year and the designs are absolutely beautiful.

I know vBulletin also has the option of allowing members to customize their profiles if a site allows it. That is a nice feature and I really like it on my largest site, I have a customized profile in there and I've had a lot of compliments on my design.

I know some sites have "subscribed" members who pay X number of dollars a month for a lot of extras... More Private messaging space, their own e-mail from the site, a blog, extra photos, larger avatars, and just a ton of other goodies.

I'm just tossing ideas out there of course. I'll be happy with whatever our mods and administrator decide!!
FINAL DECISONS some things are written in stone, it stays the way it is, Like truth, Peace be with you, THE, PASSIONS, you have a good day
Old 08-24-2010, 08:22 AM   #21
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve

Believe me everyone I'm working on some fixes/updates/etc. It's going slower than I'd like but things are in motion. I'll keep you guys updated.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 08-24-2010, 08:42 AM   #22
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Believe me everyone I'm working on some fixes/updates/etc. It's going slower than I'd like but things are in motion. I'll keep you guys updated.
understood steve have a great morning you do a great job, as always
Old 08-24-2010, 09:07 AM   #23
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by TrulyAmazing) understood steve have a great morning you do a great job, as always
Excuse Me steve, i just got your pm brother, i have,nt sent anyone any pms, except those who know me and i have sent others pm, its because i dont like, my friends being slured and decived by double talking, i do whatch for spam closely, and they here, they just hiding so hopefully it gets cleared up, steve i do know how hard your job is, i think its a shame, they wanna come in here, we just a chosen a few get their soul fed, and tear it down, VERLIY HE SAID WOE, Like Tom Petty I wont Back Down, PEACE BE WITH YOU TODAY IN THE NAMES THATS ABOVE ALL OTHER NAMES IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS, BLESSINGS AND STRENGETH,
Old 08-24-2010, 12:10 PM   #24
nagpo
USER INFO »

All right, cool Steve.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:06 PM   #25
VJ Raven
USER INFO »

Understood and thanks for letting us know, Steve.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing.
~Me~

Music is vital to life, as vital as breathing.
~Me~

Old 08-24-2010, 02:41 PM   #26
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by VJ Raven) Understood and thanks for letting us know, Steve.
I therefore give ya EXCIBT A, that same crocodile ways, that will decive the world, i,ll be a whatching you, Lovley Pic, It Really Looks Better, than the real you, cant wait to OLD TRULY LEAVES THE BUILDING, Can Ya, Peace Be with You, In JESUS NAME,
Old 08-30-2010, 02:59 PM   #27
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

I hope that if you do go with a redesign, it doesn't include too many images or other graphic elements that slow page loading. Some of us have older computers . This place is really easy to use and navigate.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:27 PM   #28
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I hope that if you do go with a redesign, it doesn't include too many images or other graphic elements that slow page loading. Some of us have older computers . This place is really easy to use and navigate.
yeah i know it, just got off my great space coaster, sobered up before i hit the brady shuffle, .....PRAISE JESUS, easy to navigate, Got Some Stuff, i need to over, see if we can get it sorta sparkling, in here, we needs some colors, skettles 711, or something, or neonnirvanit, im serious, can we get martha stewart, we have things in common, with our paroles, should be beautiful, .........
Old 10-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #29
nagpo
USER INFO »

What are the chances of this coming to fruition before the end of this year? And how is it looking so far?
Old 10-25-2010, 12:07 PM   #30
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) What are the chances of this coming to fruition before the end of this year? And how is it looking so far?
you want the sugar coated, truth prept for the faint, of heart, or the cold hard truth, we as ships, that always comes before us, and passes us not, i,ll give you time to think that about, that i,ll get back with ya.... ..... serious serious, so help me Lord, Im Backed Up A Pretty Good Bit and not behind by no means, but i always consider, to go ahead and get caught up, with whats on the back burner, than when can Countinue ,On More Of More Balanced Routine, We Our In The Zone Of STRONG music , And Strongly Deep In The Word, so i hope to see few INTERUPTIONS, and distractions within this upcoming year, PRAISE JESUS, dont leave nobody out THERE IS NO OPTION FOR THAT, I Respect Others Lifes, And Distraction Who Find It Hard, To Stay A Float In deep Waters, The LORD JEHOVHOA GOD Will Be There Strengeth, So To Round This Topic, TIME IS NEEDED, For ISAREL i do agree, that was brought up in one of the govermeant, speaches last week, but which b/c there as been so many as of late, i cant recall, Its About Time, My Friend , i dont see to big a change in a drastic change of this year, or no where near it for that matter, BUT SOON I FEEL , so everybody Love One Another The Way He Loves Us, AND BE STRONG IN GOD AND HE WILL BE STRONG YOU, so lets endure with love, patients, and thanksgiving, time is needed, you can look at the siution by an old simple phrase you can either see the glass half empty or half full, Im one Of Those Who All Was Sees The Glass As Being Half empty Never Full, Knowing The Trouble Our Nation Is Today, BUT SEEING THAT BETTER HOPE EMERGING As Light Speed, Since Never Was Since There Was A Nation, I,ll Leave Ya,s With Trulys Thought For Today, THE WORLD IS COUNTINUALLY SPINING , Ever Notice How We Never FEEL IT Because THERE Is Gravity That Gravity Of Daddys Hands HOLDING EVERYTHING IN HIS HANDS, i do see more disfuction in the systems and work places, thats causing confusion distractions and of course great henderings to the way things should be, Im In Total Agreemeant Others Should Know How To Do There Jobs SO We Can Do Ours....PEACE BE WITH US, I will Stand Though with a 24 month period Starting The First Of Year, Be Whatchfull And Pray Without Cease, Like A Theif In The Night... So I Feel 100 Percent Life Emerging, Everybody Is Able To Stand, That Stand, Keep The Faith LET BE YOUR FRIEND, Lets All Try To Have A Beautiful Day, or close to it as we get it, sometimes perfect peace and harmoney those which have been partakers of these cruel warfares, causes shock, so like MR BIG, just sorta gotta Lean Into It, And Not Depend On Outsiders, But Family And Friends, And Home Churches,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The First Leaf.jpg (36.4 KB, 193 views)