++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-13-2004, 03:46 PM   #136
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) ctfan,

You're entitled to like whatever you want, as much as anybody else. Nobody questioned that.

What most of the threads are questioning are the attitude from a few Stapp fans towards others and Stapp himself, due the constant worshipping and praising, making of him a person he's not, pretending he's a saint and refuse to reckon the guy's past mistakes.

That, on the other hands, irritates other fans who know about them but forgave it and are still supporting both sides. And it bothers even more a few who pick on Stapp just for the sake of irritating those few obsessed fans.

A very wise and back in the day poster used to say "worship the music, not the musicians". That's a pretty clever advice, imo. (Not to you, to people in general).

Great points but I think that the obessed fans goes both way AB and Stapp. But your correct just focus on the music.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:35 PM   #137
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by OneOmerta) yeah...I'd like to know as well

I have said on another board that I do like the vid for OYE. I also own the AB album....just haven't listened to it in it's entirety as of yet. But see...because I also choose to not attack Stapp and place ALL the blame on Stapp...my opinions are considered as being Stapp defensive. I KNOW that the man has made mistakes. Christ....who the heck hasn't? If anyone in here can step up and say they have never made a mistake in their life...please...come forward...I'd love to shake your hand and give you a pat on the back for a job well done. But....AB are NOT perfect either...and many many people on many many bb's seem to think that the sun rises and sets on AB's butt...and that it is ALL Stapp! Even Michael is alluding to that right here in this thread...which he has done from the get go with the whole Creed break up stuff. And that's fine...he's got the right to support his brother. I would do the same for my brother too. However...I am one of the few out there who doesn't take everything that Michael says as gospel. Sorry...I just don't, and I have my own reasons for that. I see many posts from people who say...."you should take what Michael says as gospel...he KNOWS". But ya know what? I could care less what Michael knows. Calling people ignorant for having their own opinions? real classy! But...ya know what they say about Karma....isn't that right Michael? I think you said the same thing to me on another board when I voiced my opinion on something you said a few months back..."that one day Karma was going to bite me in the ass, and I would get mine"...well...I'm still waiting And rock stars brother or not...karma does bite both ways
Actually, I've referred to these stapp ppl too, but not ne one here, mostly at pbf and in real life, y'know, off the computer and all.
Besides, why don't you some people who worship AB, or say what Michael says is equivalent to the gospel, I have never met anyone, but that's just me. Not saying there aren't Im sure there are....
For the last time, Michael was saying *what if* her opinions are based on ignorance. Really, all of ours are, cept for the few with connections. And that has still not been answered....

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 10-13-2004, 11:02 PM   #138
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
ok, just let me say this:

Passion Breeds Followers is an awesome site. It's not fair to bicker that site if you've never been there and don't know the people who spend so much time, money and effort to do it.

The lay-out blows you out of the water and so does the content.

People from their board were always really nice to me, including when I stood for AB or Myles. Someone posted about a thread from a while back there... it's all in sake of good fun, it's not serious. You have to understand that.

You're not obligated to agree with them or their posts, yet it would be nice being polite and creating a friendly environment between Creed and post-Creed boards. If something bothers you, don't read it. Skip to the next thread and try to not post things that may cause conflict. (on all boards in general, that counts)

And to those who are thinking to do a reply "but Michael was banned from there", I say this: I wasn't a member at the time and I have no idea of what happened. So forgive my ignorance...

Besides... Submersed has their own appreciation thread there and it's going really well! hehehe
Old 10-14-2004, 04:59 PM   #139
The Lithium
USER INFO »
I've got Marcos back here, PBF is an awesome site!! Really!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-14-2004, 11:25 PM   #140
creedlvr
USER INFO »
was Michael really banned from there??
Old 10-15-2004, 03:56 AM   #141
The Lithium
USER INFO »
You see, Micheal is the ultimate Mark supporter, of course, and I was a member of that board for one week, then I had to leave, problably for the same reason as Micheal had to... People over there hate Mark and AB for "turning their backs on Scott". It's really like a sect over there. Great site, lots of downloads, but the messboard is full of people who thinks Scott is God. And then I really mean GOD!!!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-15-2004, 06:36 AM   #142
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) You see, Micheal is the ultimate Mark supporter, of course, and I was a member of that board for one week, then I had to leave, problably for the same reason as Micheal had to... People over there hate Mark and AB for "turning their backs on Scott". It's really like a sect over there. Great site, lots of downloads, but the messboard is full of people who thinks Scott is God. And then I really mean GOD!!!

And thats why i posted the thread about how i thought it was cultish.........I like Alterbridge a lot but not to the hero worship over there
Old 10-15-2004, 08:45 AM   #143
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) You see, Micheal is the ultimate Mark supporter, of course, and I was a member of that board for one week, then I had to leave, problably for the same reason as Micheal had to... People over there hate Mark and AB for "turning their backs on Scott". It's really like a sect over there. Great site, lots of downloads, but the messboard is full of people who thinks Scott is God. And then I really mean GOD!!!

that's not true... there are lots of people there who like Mark and AB too.

And you left coz you wanted... you got flamed there coz you'd only talk about Alter Bridge and nothing else on a Stapp board... the least you could have done was posting on the non-stapp related section.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:59 AM   #144
The Lithium
USER INFO »
No, I got a mail from Julie and she said: "I will ban you now", and I said, "No, I'll leave myself". I know what happened to me.

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-15-2004, 04:45 PM   #145
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) was Michael really banned from there??

I don't know if he was banned or if his application just was not approved....but rest assured.....he knows exactly what is said over there. He isn't missing out on anything.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:19 PM   #146
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) I don't know if he was banned or if his application just was not approved....but rest assured.....he knows exactly what is said over there. He isn't missing out on anything.

Trust me Michael watches all the boards. I think Stapp watches the boards to but he doesn't have anyone post anything he remains silent.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:39 PM   #147
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Thanks for all the responses. I have never been over on that board. I just signed up. They do have quite a lot of downloads.

Anyway, I could understand that they (Mark, Scott, etc) would be watching and reading. I guess I would do the same thing ... to know what people are saying. Of course, that's only coming from the "online" people. It just shouldn't be that it starts problems.

Last edited by creedlvr : 10-15-2004 at 06:40 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-15-2004, 06:58 PM   #148
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) Thanks for all the responses. I have never been over on that board. I just signed up. They do have quite a lot of downloads.

Anyway, I could understand that they (Mark, Scott, etc) would be watching and reading. I guess I would do the same thing ... to know what people are saying. Of course, that's only coming from the "online" people. It just shouldn't be that it starts problems.

I agree and really the internet community is a very small percentage of the fan base.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:05 AM   #149
The Lithium
USER INFO »
All the die hards are posting on at least one messboard...

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor