++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 09-11-2005, 10:57 AM   #76
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
:O Im on dial up heh, might take while for me to download a rip of it.
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 09-11-2005, 05:33 PM   #77
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Bummer! The video is 57 megabytes or something, so yeah, it would take a while. The mp3 is around 6 1/2 mb.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:15 PM   #78
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hey, did you guys hear what happened at the show in San Diego last night? Apparently drummer Jerome Dillon had chest pains and heart palpatations and they had to stop the show and postpone it. They also canceled tonight's show, but now on nin.com, Trent posted an update that Jerome is doing OK and they will continue on in Phoenix. I'm hoping it was just a panick attack or too much caffeine or something. I'm glad he's doing better. Trent says they will make up the shows in November.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:49 PM   #79
creedsister
USER INFO »
Prayed !!! anybody with any kind of heart condtion the stress of being on the road and peforming will do,er up so im sure they fixed him right up Take A Licking And Keep On Ticking
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-17-2005, 08:51 PM   #80
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Muad'Dib) :O Im on dial up heh, might take while for me to download a rip of it.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww dial up {{Hugs}}}
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-18-2005, 03:55 AM   #81
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) Prayed !!! anybody with any kind of heart condtion the stress of being on the road and peforming will do,er up so im sure they fixed him right up Take A Licking And Keep On Ticking
Yeah, they had to cancel the Tucson show and they're offering refunds, so that sucks for those people. I'm really glad he's doing better.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:53 PM   #82
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
New Trent interview from a couple of days ago:

http://www.fresnobee.com/lifestyle/...-11977607c.html

By Mike Osegueda / The Fresno Bee

(Updated Friday, September 16, 2005, 6:26 AM
When Nine Inch Nails began their first tour in five years at the Saroyan Theatre in March, tight-lipped frontman Trent Reznor wasn't talking.

Now, the band is returning to town Tuesday, playing Selland Arena, on its larger "With Teeth" arena tour.

The enigmatic Reznor, who rarely gives interviews, took some time Wednesday morning to talk about the tour, the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and his relationship with his fans. (Answers have been edited for brevity).

Question: I know you don't do a whole lot of interviews, so you must be pretty excited to talk about this new tour. What's the scoop on it?

Answer: I approached this wave of tour, this whole cycle for this album, in different phases. We just finished the first phase, which is a bit more smaller venue, kind of off-the-cuff, not production heavy, the most at-ease we've ever been on stage.

So to complement that this second wave, this fall tour in the U.S., is kind of the opposite. Much more production-heavy. We're trying a few things visually to make it interesting, that I hope to God we get together. It's always a hassle right before you have a major undertaking because there are a lot of different components that all have to come together, video things and lighting ideas that I've been working on with these guys.

My whole goal is to make a show that allows the music to be experienced at its fullest. The record is the record, and that's the way it should sound. The live show, sometimes it sounds like the record; sometimes it doesn't.

It's more about the experience of being at a show and the electricity in the air. That's what we're really shooting for this time out.

Q: You mentioned the first wave. We were a part of that. Everybody here was kinda trippin' out when you had the first show in five years in Fresno. Now you're coming back again. Is there some fascination with Fresno?

A: We couldn't get enough of Fresno. [He laughs.] Honestly, I'm not even sure why that is the case. That's one aspect of what I do that I don't get that involved with, routing of tours.

Q: Did it just kind of work out like that?

A: You, by chance, are the lucky person living in Fresno who gets to experience us in a raw state usually.

Q: How's the set list looking? Anything that will make the die-hard fans go nuts?

A: There are definitely some surprises. There's a handful of songs we've never played. Not just new stuff. It feels like a quite different thing than what we did last time.

The tough thing about making a set list up is that I can sit in my head, with my iPod, practicing how segues are going to go and what I think it's gonna feel like, but the brutal reality comes when, "Whoops, I shouldn't have put that song next." But you don't know that until you play it a few times.

Q: You guys, with Queens of the Stone Age as an opener, make for a good show. How did that relationship come about?

A: I had a list of bands I would like to tour with, and first off was Queens of the Stone Age because — and this is not lip service because I'm doing an interview trying to support the show — I truly, really like that band. They were available and into it. I talked to Josh [Homme, singer for Queens of the Stone Age] about it and he was all for it. Again, there's no one else I'd rather pick.

Q: Let's talk about New Orleans real quick. You lived and recorded there for a long time, so how did you react when you first heard about the hurricane?

A: I just sold my house there. I would say luckily, but I don't think that's a fair thing to say. I sold it a few months ago. I still have a studio there. For the majority of the time that I was there, it became the home base for Nine Inch Nails.

I couldn't get much work done because I couldn't quit watching TV because I could not believe my eyes. I think we've all seen tsunamis and a variety of atrocities and terrible situations across the world, but for some reason when it's a place that you're intimately familiar with — I lived there for the better part of 14 years — to see it just destroyed and to see the people treated in a disrespectful, inhumane way by our government, it went from disbelief and shock and grieving to just outrage.

I don't mean to get on my soapbox. I honestly don't know how many more glaring, crystal clear examples of incompetence and criminal negligence and greed and inhumanity and racism we can see from this administration before we do something about it.

I just saw Bush, "I take responsibility." Well, resign then. Hundreds of people's lives, you killed them, and you killed a city because you put your friends in office. Your transparent agenda is crystal-clear.

You can hide behind your homophobia and round people up behind your Bible, which is just a ploy to get your corporate buddies richer and the poor poorer. Then you see people dying on the rooftops.

I can go on and on and on.

Q: Having said all this, what do you feel about what Kanye West did (saying "George Bush doesn't care about black people") and the reaction to that?

A: Anybody saying what he said is a good thing. I actually met Kanye just a couple days ago and talked to him about it. He was surprised that it had the effect it did. But you know what? More power to him. I don't know that I would express myself that way — I wouldn't have, as a matter of fact — but it had an emotional impact, and it speaks to people.

Q: It seems like your relationship with your fans is a unique one. You let them get straight to the source by answering their questions on your Web site and letting them download and remix songs, like you did with "Only." Why do you approach your fans this way? Why do you give them such access?

A: I would counter with, "Why not?" I try to put myself in the role of the fan and think about what would be cool or what would be exciting to me. The remix track, that's something that I would think is cool. It's easy to get jaded and lose touch with something, especially when you get a degree of success. I try to go out and attempt to, if I can, sneak out in the crowd and check out the opening band, or watch people showing up and remember, for most people, this is a big deal. I remember what it was like for me. I saved up money to go to a concert, then I knew a few months ahead of time I was going and I planned my ride and saved enough money for a T-shirt. It was an event. It helps me to remember that.

Plus, I think now, being away for a while, I appreciate it a lot more. I feel like I've been fortunate enough to get another shot at things. It's nice to appreciate it and have an audience of people who are interested in what you're doing musically. I try to make the most of that.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:59 AM   #83
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Thanks alot for that!

Love the answer to the final question.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:22 PM   #84
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Me, too! I like how he's so into the vibe of a show, too. I guess that helps him as well as the crowd when it comes to enjoying everything. I can't wait for November!
Old 10-21-2005, 01:42 AM   #85
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Another really good interview!!

http://www.newtimesbpb.com/Issues/20...sic/music.html
Old 10-23-2005, 01:06 AM   #86
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Thanks alot for that.

Have you seen the video for Only. Just got broadband few nights ago, was first thing i downloaded. Its pretty amazing and unique.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:55 AM   #87
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Muad'Dib) Thanks alot for that.

Have you seen the video for Only. Just got broadband few nights ago, was first thing i downloaded. Its pretty amazing and unique.
Yes, I thought it was a really cool video. The weird thing is, we have one of those nail thingy's on someone's desk, and the other day, I left the impression of my face in it, haha. I looked pretty scary!
Old 10-23-2005, 02:41 AM   #88
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
More news from nin.com

NIN will be auctioning autographed guitars on ebay in an effort to raise
money for Hurricane Katrina relief and rebuilding efforts. These guitars
have been played at the live shows by Trent and are now clearly casualties
of the current 2005 tour, as you will see from photos. All guitars
auctioned are signed by the entire band and will have information on when
and where this particular guitar had taken it's last breath.

LOL, not a bad idea. Someone else's trash is another's treasure. It cracks me up that Trent still destroys equipment .
Old 10-27-2005, 12:06 AM   #89
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
that was a great idea all though i hate to see Gutiars get trashed im like no no no i,ll take it
Old 11-04-2005, 04:01 AM   #90
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
OMFG, WHAT AN AWESOME SHOW AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN...Ok, I'll stop yelling now...hehehehe. I'm still wired for sound!

My friend and I missed the first band because we decided food was a better idea, haha. We got to MSG just in time for QOTSA, who were friggin awesome as usual. My friend, who was not that familiar with QOTSA, was duly impressed, and I instructed to go out immediately and get Rated R, as that is the best QOTSA album in my book . They did a really good mix of old and new and the highlights were Go With the Flow, Burn the Witch (I CANNOT get enough of this song), Little Sister and a really wild jamming version of No One Knows that included some bad-ass dueling guitar playing!! Josh & Co. are so tight live. His voice was killer and he was hitting all the high notes. He did a really sweet version of Long Slow Goodbye, too. Fuckin' A, I love this band.

Now, onto NIN!!

Wicked awesome setlist and amazing visuals. We rocked our friggin asses off, screaming away to all the songs! I have no voice left, and I get to do this again Saturday in Philly, LOL.

I never remember the order, but here goes...

They opened with Pinion and then Love Is Not Enough. Trent was in fine voice, I must say. The screens and visuals were very cool, some of them looking like different versions of the album cover theme.

They played a crapload more of the new stuff than they did in Philly, to wit: The Collector(!), which was excellent. It was much crisper this time than when they played it during the club/threater tour; You Know What You Are (I think that was second or third, I can't remember), mega audience participation on this one; The Hand That Feeds (this gets better live all the time); Only!!!!!!!!!!!! (YES!!!); The Line Begins to Blur; Right Where It Belongs (AWESOME accompanying visuals in this one); and Beside You In Time (more cool video and other visuals). The only one I really wanted to hear and didn't was Sunspots. I'm holding out for Saturday. If they do Sunspots, I will just have to jump the stage. Still, all the newer stuff sounded great!! And the crowd was very enthusiastic about the new stuff, which I thought was cool because I know some NIN fans are not enamored of With_Teeth. I felt happy for Trent . Some of the bootlegs I have don't have the crowd energy the NYC audience had. I noticed lots of people jamming and singing to the new stuff.

For old stuff they did March of the Pigs (the pit went wild on this); ERASER (the visual highlight of the night for me, lots of political stuff and statements with pictures. Very, very well done); Something I Can Never Have (OMFG, I was so happy to hear this); The Frail/The Wretched; Reptile (my favorite NIN song); Burn (!); Suck; Wish; Gave Up; Closer; Hurt; and they ended with Head Like a Hole...and NO Starfuckers, hahaha...Friggin killer show!

Trent didn't do a lot of talking, but he thanked the crowd a few times and then near the end he thanked us again and said that two years ago, he wasn't sure he'd ever be back standing on a stage, and he was grateful for that and for us showing up.

And I get to go again on Saturday. I can't fucking wait!!